Theo Ciprian Platica
If you are looking for someone who can do it all on his own, someone who has been there, someone who can handle all your technical needs so that you can concentrate on your business/organization, you have arrived at the right profile. Theo is a WordPress meetup organizer and community contributor. His ultimate aim and pleasure are to help businesses grow and thrive instead of just making websites and applications that don't contribute to anything.
ExperienceFront-end - 11 yearsMigration - 10 yearsBack-end - 9 yearsWooCommerce - 8 yearsWordPress Themes - 8 yearsPlugin Development - 8 yearsPageSpeed - 8 yearsWordPress Multisite - 7 years
Trello, Slack, Asana, Jira, Zoom, Google, Skype, Apps
The most amazing...
...websites and applications I've developed are multi-sites, eCommerce websites, WordPress plugins, and WordPress themes which were all strongly optimized.
WordPress Full-stack Engineer
- Redesigned and optimized the website to its present state.
- Implemented ACF flexible layouts and custom Gutenberg blocks.
- Maximized the loading speed, obtaining the following Google PageSpeed Insights result (98% on mobile and 99% on desktop); Developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fopster.com%2F.
Clients (via Toptal)
- Handled WordPress full-stack development for Toptal clients.
- Contributed to multiple client projects involving a range of development (front end, back end, eCommerce, WordPress plugins, and themes) as well as UX.
- Integrated with the clients' teams and maintained a good process flow.
Founder | Web Developer
Web Lounge Design
- Developed for the web including back end, front end, and eCommerce.
- Managed projects, provided estimations, held communication sessions, and worked in teams.
- Managed and nurtured the relationships with clients.
Freelance Full-stack Developer | WordPress Guru
A Job Board for Freelance Work
- Developed for the web, providing a full-stack service.
- Trained and provided support for the various teams I worked with.
- Developed and integrated APIs and SVN systems and handled server operations.
- Communicated with clients and established workflow details and estimations.
- Launched three WooCommerce store versions for selling physical, variable, and digital products and donations.
- Implemented three custom WordPress themes written from scratch, each aligning with its store version.
- Developed one custom WordPress plugin which enables a new WooCommerce payment method—paying with crypto, specifically with MobileCoin.
- Implemented a custom WordPress application that integrates Tableau dashboards.
- Came up with the application design on the fly and applied the best UX solutions.
- Integrated with the client (which was technical) and managed the progress via Teamwork.
- Developed a custom theme and redesigned the existing website (twice in two years).
- Integrated and developed custom APIs, connecting them to the CRM platform.
- Performed marketing improvements and supported both the internal and freelance teams.
- Oversaw and contributed to all the WordPress websites' development.
- Converted PSD/XD designs into full-fledged WordPress websites.
- Developed and Integrated various types of application programming interfaces.
- Implemented a custom subscription payment process using the Stripe API.
- Implemented advanced Google Maps integrations and analytics reports.
- Developed and implemented data collection funnels.
Next Thing Education Camps
- Developed a custom theme as well as integrated the API.
- Implemented an Advanced Google Maps Search that displays results in a predefined range (close to a given post-code).
- Performed WooCommerce custom changes and a custom payment integration.
- Took care of design, functionality, and speed optimizations.
WordPress Plugin Engineer
Word on Fire Catholic Ministries
- Created a plugin for migrating data from one LMS System to Another (keeping track of course and quiz progress).
- Determined the database schemas for both LMS systems and came up with the solution for the migration code.
- Implemented a plugin that hooks into the LearnDash API and into WordPress REST API, performing new custom actions requested by the client.
WordPress Developer (Contract)
Third Space Learning
- Handled the development of all WordPress websites that the company owns.
- Implemented API integrations as well as Cron jobs.
- Took care of optimizations and deployments and ensured their success.
- Integrated with the company's team and their workflows.
Full-stack Developer | Project Manager
- Developed websites from scratch and managed the existing ones.
- Built a framework to ease the creation of new landing pages.
- Implemented procedures for design and coding departments.
- Managed projects for the web development department.
Remote PHP Developer
Bioelite Vert SRL
- Managed my own work server and developed websites from scratch and managed existing ones.
- Performed not only PSD-to-WordPress conversions but also PSD-to-HTML conversions.
- Developed OOP apps (object-oriented programming) using Smarty.
- Conducted QA testing and elicited client feedback.
Inter Core Web
- Developed websites from scratch and managed existing ones.
- Performed PSD-to-WordPress conversions as well as managed clients.
- Oversaw and was responsible for the management of IT equipment, i.e., laptops, PCs, printers, copy machines, and networks.
Equipment Configurator | Dispatcher-Operator
RCS & RDS
- Configured the network equipment as well as provided support for the field teams.
- Monitored the network equipment in the field and forwarded issues.
- Discovered and corrected database inconsistencies.
- Evaluated situations and provided the necessary checks and reports.
New Reach Marketinghttps://newreachagency.com/
Besides the amazing content that the website offers, it also benefits from various interactive functionalities such as tables of contents, pop-ups, progress bars, social sharing widgets, etc., all custom coded for maximum efficiency.
Another interesting thing I would like to mention is the locations tree which includes US states and the cities within those states. The tree is composed of parent-child links, starting from an interactive US clickable map, a feature that is not just interesting but also helps with the local ranking in Google.
Check this out:
• WordPress development
• API development and integration
• Marketing improvements and support
• Website optimizations
Word on Firehttps://www.wordonfire.org/
The client also asked me to implement a plugin that hooks into the LearnDash API and WordPress REST API, performing new custom actions.
Third Space Learninghttps://thirdspacelearning.com/
I redesigned the website twice because of the lightning-fast changes within the organization, implemented new features from simple to complex, and optimized the loading speed at a level the website never saw before.
Social Sharing 9https://wordpress.org/plugins/social-sharing-9/
The Drops version is the most unique because it has a special feature where you can turn simple products into Drops, which are available to purchase for a limited period, after which they expire.
I worked within a team of developers and helped with building templates, the front-end style, created new ACF blocks, and changed the existing ones.
• Implemented geolocation and PHP changes.
• Implemented website redesign.
• Developed new website pages and landing pages.
• Handled customization and optimization requests.
• Provided technical support.
The WooCommerce implementation also needed some attention. By the end of the project, I managed to update all the WooCommerce-related plugins maintaining the original functionality.
I implemented custom changes, implemented multi-lingual functionality, and optimized the website. Along the way, we also worked on additional websites that this company needed help with.
I built the back end, fixed the front end, and added custom options and API integrations for products and orders. I also implemented a custom search that displays results within a specific radius, depending on the distance from the given postcode.
I built custom pages, worked on new taxonomies, added lazy-loading, and performed additional optimizations, as per the client's requirements.
The customizer options are manageable on the WordPress admin side within ACF fields.
• Developed a custom WordPress plugin, facilitating the registration of new service providers.
• Implemented new design and functionality features.
• Made improvements.
• Maintained speed and security.
• Developed API integrations.
• Implemented automation.
• Implemented custom PHP changes and improved the page speed.
• Performed three hosting migrations. We tried Bluehost, iPage, and in the end, the client decided on a Hungarian hosting provider.
• Implemented custom WPBakery blocks.
Bootstrap, Smarty, CodeIgniter
jQuery, Google Maps API, Stripe, WordPress REST API, jQuery UI, Google Maps API (GeoJSON), Google Maps, WordPress API, Social Media APIs, PayPal API, Stripe API, WooCommerce API, Segment.io, Shopify API, Plivo, PHPExcel, BuddyPress, Google Tag Manager API, React, Laravel Homestead
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Experience Design (XD), Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), InVision, Google Analytics, Trello, Sublime Text 3, PageSpeed, Figma, Skype, Slack, PuTTY, cURL Command Line Tool, LearnDash, Gutenberg Editor, ACF PRO, Zoom, WP-CLI, Git, Microsoft Excel, Bitbucket, Asana, Jira, Tableau, Webpack, WiX, Google Optimize, NPM, NGINX, Cron
Responsive Web Design (RWD), Testing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Model View Controller (MVC), Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
WordPress, WooCommerce, cPanel, WordPress Theme Design, XAMPP, Bluehost, BigCommerce, Shopify, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS IoT
JSON, Cache, WP Engine, Cloudways, Database Migration, MySQL, Databases
Teaching, Web Design, Project Management, Social Media
WordPress Plugins, PSD to WordPress, PSD to HTML, WordPress Themes, Local SEO, Web UX, Website Redesign, Web Applications, APIs, WordPress Multisite, Builder, Gravity Forms, Isotope, W3 Total Cache, Autoptimize, TFTP, Ajax, Command-line Interface (CLI), User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), Elementor, Page Speed Optimization, Site Speed Optimization, Web Speed, Cloudflare, GoDaddy, PSD Slicing, Front-end, Communication, Reports, Data Migration, Optimization, Back-end, Avada, DNS Configuration, WordPress Installation, eCommerce, Websites, Marketing Technology (MarTech), Chargebee, PayPal, Segment, Google Analytics 4, Analytics, Custom Themes, WordPress Page Builder, Learning Management Systems (LMS), Migration, Plugin Development, Google Meet, Google, Apps, Payment APIs, CSS5, Web Hosting, Universal Analytics, Troubleshooting, Web Development, Backlinks, HubSpot, Public Speaking, WP Rocket, Schema Migration, Google Tag Manager, Full-stack, Business Services, Crypto, Prototyping, MVC Frameworks, Server Sent Events (SSE), Recording
Master's Degree in Circuits and Integrated Systems for Communications
Politehnica University of Bucharest - Bucharest, Romania
Licentiate Degree in Electrical, Electronics, and Communications Engineering
Constanta Maritime University - Constanta, Romania
Licentiate Degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
Constanta Maritime University - Constanta, Romania
Introduction to AWS Elastic Beanstalk
AWS Training and Certification