Director | Freelance Consultant Data Scientist2018 - PRESENTFast Data Science Ltd.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), TensorFlow, AWS, Azure, Python
- Provided consulting in many areas of machine learning to clients across industries, building and deploying machine learning models, focusing on natural language processing.
- Conducted AI due diligence of startups for investors.
- Provided training and upskilling in data science for analytics teams.
- Assisted consultancies with public sector procurement in a variety of countries.
Consultant Data Scientist2020 - 2020National Health Service
Technologies: Scikit-learn, Azure, Python
- Investigated factors behind junior doctor attrition from the NHS and developed a machine learning model to predict who is going to leave the organization.
- Provided consulting services to management and insights on causes of employee turnover.
- Provided general data strategy consulting to the NHS management.
Data Scientist2019 - 2020Boehringer Ingelheim
Technologies: TensorFlow, PostgreSQL, Python
- Trained a text classification model to predict 75 parameters of complexity from 200-page clinical trial protocol PDFs, allowing the clinical operations team to run financial modeling on more reliable data.
- Analyzed text reports of manufacturing defects and performed unsupervised clustering with LDA, allowing manufacturing division to see key areas of faults.
- Identified molecules in scientific publications linked to molecules discovered by Boehringer Ingelheim, allowing pre-clinical research team to connect with researchers over the world experimenting with the same compounds.
Data Scientist2018 - 2019Tesco
Technologies: MLlib, PySpark, Spark, Python
- Designed and trained a regression model using PySpark/Spark MLLib to predict customers' order weights in kilograms before they even place the order.
- Worked on recommendation systems for recommending online shopping purchases.
- Trained a predictive model to predict vehicle turnaround and loading times.
Data Scientist2017 - 2018CV-Library
Technologies: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), TensorFlow, Python
- Used machine learning to predict information about candidates, allowing the company to simplify the registration process and improve registrations by 7%.
- Deployed a recommender system to send job alerts to candidates by email with a 7% conversion rate.
- Trained deep learning models (CNN, RNN, LSTM, Word2Vec, Seq2Seq) to analyze candidates' CVs and job descriptions, using Google GPU instances.
- Deployed machine learning projects through to production on the live site as scalable Docker instances behind a load balancer.
- Worked on new techniques to recommend a job to a candidate based on past behavior (like the recommendations you see when you buy a product on Amazon).
Computer Vision Scientist2015 - 2017Veridium
Technologies: C++, TensorFlow, Python
- Designed and trained—using a team of five developers and five testers/data annotators—neural network solutions for face recognition that ran on Android, iOS, and Windows.
- Collected training data from sources such as web scraping and arranged annotators to manually clean data.
- Worked on and patented cryptographic measures to protect biometric data (irises, fingerprints, and so on).
- Trained convolutional neural networks on GPU using deep learning software Caffe and was able to classify images such as fingerprints or pharmaceutical pill bottles.
- Designed cryptographic measures to protect biometric data (irises, fingerprints).
Solution Architect2009 - 2016CID GmbH
Technologies: Machine Learning, .NET, C#
- Worked in a team of five computational linguists that were designing methods for monitoring market sentiment on the internet and specializing in focused web crawling.
- Communicated designs for natural-language-processing programs to a team of developers who implemented these into products marketed to corporate clients.
- Worked on the development of a machine learning NLP pipeline.
Knowledge Engineer2011 - 2015Artificial Solutions
- Worked in a multilingual team on the architecture of human-like natural language dialog systems for use on mobile, web, and in consumer electronics, becoming the team expert on advanced parsing of user input.
- Made frequent visits to blue-chip companies in Silicon Valley and Asia while presenting technology solutions to potential clients.
- Defined requirements, estimated time scales, and prototyped during project planning.
- Provided consulting services to clients and partners developing their own dialog systems using my company's proprietary software.