Cloud Developer with Go or Strong Java Experience and AWS2020 - 2021AT&T
Technologies: Go, Java, Linux, Docker, AWS S3, AWS Lambda, Amazon SQS, AWS Push Notification Service (AWS SNS), AWS CloudWatch, Terraform
- Helped the team to implement and deliver business requirements in the U-verse content registration system.
- Designed and implemented development and production support tools and utility code to simplify and speed up production operations resulting in saving about 20 person-hours a week.
- Participated in team development plan discussions and helped manage team load more effectively.
Java Developer2020 - 2020Caterpillar
Technologies: AWS, Java, Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis
- Studied the application architecture and infrastructure.
- Designed and developed a new back-end data processing application as part of the company data processing system.
- Built and programmed data processing functionality and integration with the existing data processing interfaces.
Data Migration Architect2019 - 2020Spin
Technologies: Data Migration, Global, CockroachDB, PostgreSQL
- Analyzed current application and data architecture.
- Researched potential future architecture that matches business requirements and application demands.
- Proposed an optimal data migration solution from one Heroku platform to AWS.
- Researched, tested, and implemented one-directional data synchronization with Bucardo. Set up such synchronization on all databases in all environments.
- Prepared, designed, and provisioned future databases for all environments on AWS.
- Set up, supervised, and monitored actual data migration from Heroku to AWS. Successfully migrated all lower environments.
- Researched further data synchronization with Fivetran technology to an analytical database. Prepared step-by-step instructions for migrating said synchronization from Heroku DBs to AWS DBs in all environments.
- Prepared documentation, how-tos, diagrams, and presentation on a matter of my research and proposals. Supported and maintained such documentation.
- Participated in design and architectural reviews.
AWS Developer and Consultant2019 - 2019ToxStrategies
Technologies: AWS, AWS EC2, R
- Set up and configured the full website infrastructure on AWS, using Elastic Beanstalk and Spring Boot application.
- Set up and configured R server in AWS EC2 instance.
- Designed and programmed a Spring Boot web application with AngularJS client-side event management.
- Constructed and programmed a back-end application to process user input and generate reports and outputs.
- Built and configured a Java back end to R Engine Interface.
- Programmed and debugged an R script to compute data and generate reports.
Java Developer2019 - 2019Addteq, Inc.
- Built an in-house analog of the Einstein and Firebase service with WebSocket and STOMP protocols, as well as STOMP token authentication, subscription, messages, and topics.
- Integrated the in-house service with Confluence Excellentable plugin for a collaborative editing feature.
- Supported migration from the existing architecture to a newly created functionality.
Java Developer2018 - 2019NextCapital
Technologies: Java, XML, SOAP, Integration, JUnit, WSDL
- Researched the company's current application architecture.
- Modified the existing application, created new functionality, and enhanced existing functionality.
- Maintained the application in production, fixed bugs, and supported deployment.
Web Application Architect and Developer2018 - 2019Linksbridge
Technologies: CSS, SQL, Java, HTML, jQuery, jQuery EasyUI, AngularJS
- Designed and developed a single-page rich web application.
- Built and supported complete cloud infrastructure.
- Set up the database and designed data schema per business requirements.
- Constructed an R back-end server; designed and developed an R application for processing large data documents.
- Implemented UI and UX with input from the graphical interface designer.
- Analyzed business needs and technological capacity; proposed the most optimal solutions to ongoing problems and tasks.
DevOps2018 - 2018TransBit LLC
Technologies: AWS, AWS EC2, AWS ELB, AWS Auto Scaling, AWS RDS, Continuous Delivery (CD), AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS CodeBuild, Apache Tomcat, Java, AWS CloudFormation
- Researched the company's AWS infrastructure and architecture.
- Configured and enhanced the application's deployment automation with AWS CodePipeline and Jenkins.
- Configured and enhanced AWS RDS database monitoring.
Software Architect and Developer2017 - 2017Mad News Ltd.
Technologies: Java, Redshift, SQL, AWS, AWS EC2
- Analyzed the company's current infrastructure and architecture.
- Researched the company's MySQL database usage and application design.
- Devised future Redshift and Dynamo DB-based architecture.
- Prepared a MySQL to Redshift transition plan for the application and data.
- Supervised and supported the actual MySQL to Redshift transition of the application and data.
Java Developer2016 - 2016Danfoss Turbocor Compressors (via Toptal)
Technologies: Profiling, Java
- Analyzed existing code and solutions.
- Found the source of a performance discrepancy in different input data cases.
- Recommended solution approaches with corresponding implementation time and effectiveness.
Architect and Development Lead2009 - 2016FINRA
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Performance Optimization, Parallel Programming, Web Services, Big Data
- Architected a complete system, including data processing modules, component framework, and infrastructure for logging, monitoring, and control.
- Designed and enforced the automated project lifecycle such as build, test, and deployment.
- Established and enforced development best practices.
- Maintained overall product architecture consistency and clarity to support intuitive development and easy product evolution.
- Created and maintained technical and user documentation.
- Researched AWS Elastic MapReduce technology (web GUI and command-line interfaces).
- Developed Elastic MapReduce jobs capable of using Amazon S3 storage as input and output source.
- Analyzed the existing stream of event processing solutions in a market and evaluated them against desired system qualities to find the best-suited product and framework for a project.
- Architected a system POC version and supervised implementation.
- Designed and implemented high availability data storage and data processing systems. That includes utilizing data storage supporting sharding technology, data and application clusters, high availability data storage, and multi-AZ deployment.
Business Intelligence Architect and Developer2008 - 2009Cambridge Interactive Development Corporation
Technologies: Perforce, CVS, Data Integration, SAP BusinessObjects (BO), MySQL, Netezza, Oracle, IBM Informix, Java
- Adapted an existing Java-based data load application for the Netezza database, making the first generation of Netezza data warehouses operational.
- Developed a data load application for corporate data warehousing using Data Integrator, increasing load speed four times, which was a critical achievement to support the data delivery service-level agreement.
- Designed data marts and studied, troubleshot, and configured a company-wide scheduling system.
- Parallelized and optimized schedule implementation, decreasing load time span by around 50%.
- Configured the load-balancing environment for a scheduler and ETL tool.
- Optimized corporate-wide ETL operations, cutting the overall load time in half.
J2EE Architect and Developer2005 - 2008Liberty Travel
Technologies: Oracle, XML, Servlet, JSP, Apache Struts, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), Jakarta EE
- Analyzed application requirements and communicated with the business analyst.
- Architected and developed application modules.
- Integrated with a third-party application API.
- Designed and developed a web-based user interface.
- Designed a complex data matching algorithm for integrating with the external system.