Architect and Development Lead
2009 - PRESENT
- Architected a complete system, including data processing modules, component framework, and logging/monitoring/control infrastructure.
- Designed and enforced the automated project life cycle: build, test, deployment.
- Established and enforced development best practices.
- Maintained overall product architecture consistency and clarity to support intuitive development and easy product evolution.
- Created and maintained technical and user documentation.
- Researched AWS Elastic Map Reduce technology (web GUI and command line interfaces).
- Developed Elastic Map Reduce jobs capable of using Amazon S3 storage, as input and output source.
- Analyzed the existing stream of event processing solutions in a market, and evaluated them against desired system qualities to find the best suited product/framework for a project.
- Architected system POC version and supervised implementation.
Technologies: Java, JMX, Spring, GWT, Netezza, GreenPlum, Oracle, Web services (SOAP and REST), parallel data processing, performance optimization, Hadoop Map Reduce, Amazon Web Services, Elastic Map Reduce, Hive, HQL, STORM, ESPER, Cassandra, Zookeeper
Danfoss Turbocor Compressors (via Toptal)
2016 - 2016
- Analyzed existing code and solutions.
- Found the source of a performance discrepancy in different input data cases.
- Recommended solution approaches with corresponding implementation time and effectiveness.
Technologies: Java, Profiling, Client server, MS Office add-ins
Business Intelligence Architect and Developer
Cambridge Interactive Development Corporation
2008 - 2009
- Adapted an existing Java based data load application for Netezza database, making the first generation of Netezza data warehouses operational.
- Developed a data load application for corporate data warehousing using Data Integrator increasing load speed four times, which was a critical achievement to support the data delivery service level agreement.
- Designed data marts.
- Studied, troubleshoot, and configured a company-wide scheduling system. Parallelized and optimized schedule implementation, decreasing load time span by ~50%.
- Configured the load balancing environment for a scheduler and ETL tool.
- Optimized corporate wide ETL operations, cutting the overall load time in half.
Technologies: Java, Informix, Oracle, Netezza, MySQL, BO Data Integrator, CVS, Perforce
J2EE Architect and Developer
2005 - 2008
- Analyzed application requirements and communicated with the business analyst.
- Architected and developed application modules.
- Integrated with a third-party application API.
- Designed and developed a web-based user interface.
- Designed a complex data matching algorithm for integrating with the external system.
Technologies: J2EE application with web client, EJB, MDB, Struts, JSP, Servlets, XML, Oracle