Verified Expert in Engineering
Tim is a software architect and developer with a proven ability to develop efficient, scalable, and fault-tolerant server solutions for complex problems. He has excellent analytic abilities and extensive experience with big data real-time processing, server solutions, and web services.
The most amazing...
...thing I've delivered is a real-time market data analytic system on Storm cluster.
- Helped the team to implement and deliver business requirements in the U-verse content registration system.
- Designed and implemented development and production support tools and utility code to simplify and speed up production operations resulting in saving about 20 person-hours a week.
- Participated in team development plan discussions and helped manage team load more effectively.
- Studied the application architecture and infrastructure.
- Designed and developed a new back-end data processing application as part of the company data processing system.
- Built and programmed data processing functionality and integration with the existing data processing interfaces.
Data Migration Architect
- Analyzed current application and data architecture.
- Researched potential future architecture that matches business requirements and application demands.
- Proposed an optimal data migration solution from one Heroku platform to AWS.
- Researched, tested, and implemented one-directional data synchronization with Bucardo. Set up such synchronization on all databases in all environments.
- Prepared, designed, and provisioned future databases for all environments on AWS.
- Set up, supervised, and monitored actual data migration from Heroku to AWS. Successfully migrated all lower environments.
- Researched further data synchronization with Fivetran technology to an analytical database. Prepared step-by-step instructions for migrating said synchronization from Heroku DBs to AWS DBs in all environments.
- Prepared documentation, how-tos, diagrams, and presentation on a matter of my research and proposals. Supported and maintained such documentation.
- Participated in design and architectural reviews.
AWS Developer and Consultant
- Set up and configured the full website infrastructure on AWS, using Elastic Beanstalk and Spring Boot application.
- Set up and configured R server in AWS EC2 instance.
- Designed and programmed a Spring Boot web application with AngularJS client-side event management.
- Constructed and programmed a back-end application to process user input and generate reports and outputs.
- Built and configured a Java back end to R Engine Interface.
- Programmed and debugged an R script to compute data and generate reports.
- Built an in-house analog of the Einstein and Firebase service with WebSocket and STOMP protocols, as well as STOMP token authentication, subscription, messages, and topics.
- Integrated the in-house service with Confluence Excellentable plugin for a collaborative editing feature.
- Supported migration from the existing architecture to a newly created functionality.
- Researched the company's current application architecture.
- Modified the existing application, created new functionality, and enhanced existing functionality.
- Maintained the application in production, fixed bugs, and supported deployment.
Web Application Architect and Developer
- Designed and developed a single-page rich web application.
- Built and supported complete cloud infrastructure.
- Set up the database and designed data schema per business requirements.
- Constructed an R back-end server; designed and developed an R application for processing large data documents.
- Implemented UI and UX with input from the graphical interface designer.
- Analyzed business needs and technological capacity; proposed the most optimal solutions to ongoing problems and tasks.
- Researched the company's AWS infrastructure and architecture.
- Configured and enhanced the application's deployment automation with AWS CodePipeline and Jenkins.
- Configured and enhanced AWS RDS database monitoring.
- Developed web application with all underlying infrastructure and architecture capable of organizing and managing the enterprise IT portfolio.
- Designed and implemented application algorithms, data structures, storage, and user experience.
- Created and implemented a complete build-deploy process to update application versions.
Software Architect and Developer
Mad News Ltd.
- Analyzed the company's current infrastructure and architecture.
- Researched the company's MySQL database usage and application design.
- Devised future Redshift and Dynamo DB-based architecture.
- Prepared a MySQL to Redshift transition plan for the application and data.
- Supervised and supported the actual MySQL to Redshift transition of the application and data.
Danfoss Turbocor Compressors (via Toptal)
- Analyzed existing code and solutions.
- Found the source of a performance discrepancy in different input data cases.
- Recommended solution approaches with corresponding implementation time and effectiveness.
Architect and Development Lead
- Architected a complete system, including data processing modules, component framework, and infrastructure for logging, monitoring, and control.
- Designed and enforced the automated project lifecycle such as build, test, and deployment.
- Established and enforced development best practices.
- Maintained overall product architecture consistency and clarity to support intuitive development and easy product evolution.
- Created and maintained technical and user documentation.
- Researched AWS Elastic MapReduce technology (web GUI and command-line interfaces).
- Developed Elastic MapReduce jobs capable of using Amazon S3 storage as input and output source.
- Analyzed the existing stream of event processing solutions in a market and evaluated them against desired system qualities to find the best-suited product and framework for a project.
- Architected a system POC version and supervised implementation.
- Designed and implemented high availability data storage and data processing systems. That includes utilizing data storage supporting sharding technology, data and application clusters, high availability data storage, and multi-AZ deployment.
Business Intelligence Architect and Developer
Cambridge Interactive Development Corporation
- Adapted an existing Java-based data load application for the Netezza database, making the first generation of Netezza data warehouses operational.
- Developed a data load application for corporate data warehousing using Data Integrator, increasing load speed four times, which was a critical achievement to support the data delivery service-level agreement.
- Designed data marts and studied, troubleshot, and configured a company-wide scheduling system.
- Parallelized and optimized schedule implementation, decreasing load time span by around 50%.
- Configured the load-balancing environment for a scheduler and ETL tool.
- Optimized corporate-wide ETL operations, cutting the overall load time in half.
J2EE Architect and Developer
- Analyzed application requirements and communicated with the business analyst.
- Architected and developed application modules.
- Integrated with a third-party application API.
- Designed and developed a web-based user interface.
- Designed a complex data matching algorithm for integrating with the external system.
Enterprise Architecture Inventory Application
I designed and built a complete application from back to front: AWS environment, database, data schema, back-end layers, front-end design and functionality, event processing, UI libraries, graphical libraries, CSS, and styles.
International Health Data Processing Web Applicationhttps://ppa.linksbridge.com
I am the sole architect and developer of a complete solution from back to front: AWS environment, database, data schema, back-end layers, front-end design and functionality, event processing, UI libraries, graphical libraries, CSS, and styles.
Spring Boot, Spring, Spring MVC, AngularJS, Storm, JUnit, Hibernate, Apache Struts, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), Apache Velocity, Apache Spark, Spring Web Flow, Hadoop, Spark
jQuery, jQuery EasyUI, Amazon API, Amazon EC2 API, REST APIs
CVS, AWS CodeBuild, Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR), AWS CloudFormation, AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodeDeploy, Git, Servlet, Confluence, Apache Maven, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Amazon CloudWatch, AWS ELB, Apache Tomcat, AWS Step Functions, Terraform, GoLand
Distributed Computing, Model View Controller (MVC), Concurrent Programming, Linear Programming, Evolutionary Database Design, Business Intelligence (BI), Parallel Computing, Continuous Delivery (CD), Microservices Architecture, Design Patterns, Test-driven Development (TDD), Clean Architecture, DevOps, Microservices, Serverless Architecture, REST
Eclipse, Amazon EC2, Java EE, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Oracle, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Docker, Linux, Apache Kafka, Unix, Web
Data Integration, Greenplum, PostgreSQL, Redshift, MySQL, Netezza, Distributed Databases, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Relational Databases, Amazon Aurora, IBM Informix, Cassandra, Amazon DynamoDB, CockroachDB, HDFS
Ajax, Architecture, Data Migration, Physics, AWS Cloud Architecture, AWS Certified Solution Architect, Algorithms, Multithreading, Decision Analysis, Optimization, Linear Optimization, Performance Optimization, Decision Trees, Software Architecture, Team Mentoring, Technical Project Management, Web Development, Sharding, Distributed Systems, Disaster Recovery Plans (DRP), Relational Database Services (RDS), Big Data, Big Data Architecture, System Architecture, Software Development, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), AWS Auto Scaling, Amazon RDS, Integration, Amazon Kinesis, Data Engineering, Data Warehousing, Back-end, Fintech, Data Modeling, Data Analysis, APIs, Back-end Development, Full-stack, Low Latency, Data Processing, Profiling, WebSockets, Authentication, Video Streaming, AWS DevOps, Cloud, IT Project Management, AWS CodePipeline, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Linear Algebra, SOAP, User Interface (UI), Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), Containers, Leadership, Web Services, Amazon Route 53, Web Applications, Design, CTO, SSL
MBA Degree in Management Information Technology – IT Project Management
Western Governors University - Salt Lake City, UT
University Degree in Experimental Particle Physics
Novosibirsk State University - Novosibirsk, Russia
AWS Associate Architect