Architect and Development Lead2009 - PRESENTFINRA
Technologies: Java, JMX, Spring, GWT, Netezza, GreenPlum, Oracle, Web services (SOAP and REST), parallel data processing, performance optimization, Hadoop Map Reduce, Amazon Web Services, Elastic Map Reduce, Hive, HQL, STORM, ESPER, Cassandra, Zookeeper
- Architected a complete system, including data processing modules, component framework, and logging/monitoring/control infrastructure.
- Designed and enforced the automated project life cycle: build, test, deployment.
- Established and enforced development best practices.
- Maintained overall product architecture consistency and clarity to support intuitive development and easy product evolution.
- Created and maintained technical and user documentation.
- Researched AWS Elastic Map Reduce technology (web GUI and command line interfaces).
- Developed Elastic Map Reduce jobs capable of using Amazon S3 storage, as input and output source.
- Analyzed the existing stream of event processing solutions in a market, and evaluated them against desired system qualities to find the best suited product/framework for a project.
- Architected system POC version and supervised implementation.
Java Developer2016 - 2016Danfoss Turbocor Compressors (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java, Profiling, Client server, MS Office add-ins
- Analyzed existing code and solutions.
- Found the source of a performance discrepancy in different input data cases.
- Recommended solution approaches with corresponding implementation time and effectiveness.
Business Intelligence Architect and Developer2008 - 2009Cambridge Interactive Development Corporation
Technologies: Java, Informix, Oracle, Netezza, MySQL, BO Data Integrator, CVS, Perforce
- Adapted an existing Java based data load application for Netezza database, making the first generation of Netezza data warehouses operational.
- Developed a data load application for corporate data warehousing using Data Integrator increasing load speed four times, which was a critical achievement to support the data delivery service level agreement.
- Designed data marts.
- Studied, troubleshoot, and configured a company-wide scheduling system. Parallelized and optimized schedule implementation, decreasing load time span by ~50%.
- Configured the load balancing environment for a scheduler and ETL tool.
- Optimized corporate wide ETL operations, cutting the overall load time in half.
J2EE Architect and Developer2005 - 2008Liberty Travel
Technologies: J2EE application with web client, EJB, MDB, Struts, JSP, Servlets, XML, Oracle
- Analyzed application requirements and communicated with the business analyst.
- Architected and developed application modules.
- Integrated with a third-party application API.
- Designed and developed a web-based user interface.
- Designed a complex data matching algorithm for integrating with the external system.