Web Application Architect and Developer2018 - PRESENTLinksbridge
Technologies: AngularJS, EasyUI, jQuery, HTML/CSS, Java, SQL
- Designed and developed a single-page rich web application.
- Set up and supported complete cloud infrastructure.
- Set up the database and designed data schema.
- Set up an R back-end server. Designed and developed an R application for processing large data documents.
- Implemented UI and UX with input from the graphical interface designer.
- Analyzed business needs and technological capacity. Proposed most optimal solutions to ongoing problems and tasks.
Architect and Development Lead2009 - PRESENTFINRA
Technologies: Java, JMX, Spring, GWT, Netezza, GreenPlum, Oracle, Web Services (SOAP and REST), Parallel Data Processing, Performance Optimization, Hadoop Map Reduce, Amazon Web Services, Elastic Map Reduce, Hive, HQL, STORM, ESPER, Cassandra, Zookeeper
- Architected a complete system, including data processing modules, component framework, and logging/monitoring/control infrastructure.
- Designed and enforced the automated project lifecycle: build, test, and deployment.
- Established and enforced development best practices.
- Maintained overall product architecture consistency and clarity to support intuitive development and easy product evolution.
- Created and maintained technical and user documentation.
- Researched AWS Elastic Map Reduce technology (web GUI and command line interfaces).
- Developed Elastic Map Reduce jobs capable of using Amazon S3 storage as input and output source.
- Analyzed the existing stream of event processing solutions in a market and evaluated them against desired system qualities to find the best-suited product/framework for a project.
- Architected a system POC version and supervised implementation.
Java Developer2019 - 2019Addteq, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Built a in-house analog of the Einstein/Firebase service with WebSocket and STOMP protocols as well as STOMP token authentication, subscription, messages, and topics.
- Integrated the in-house service with Confluence Excellentable plugin for a collaborative editing feature.
Java Developer2016 - 2016Danfoss Turbocor Compressors (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java, Profiling, Client Server, MS Office Add-ins
- Analyzed existing code and solutions.
- Found the source of a performance discrepancy in different input data cases.
- Recommended solution approaches with corresponding implementation time and effectiveness.
Business Intelligence Architect and Developer2008 - 2009Cambridge Interactive Development Corporation
Technologies: Java, Informix, Oracle, Netezza, MySQL, BO Data Integrator, CVS, Perforce
- Adapted an existing Java-based data load application for Netezza database, making the first generation of Netezza data warehouses operational.
- Developed a data load application for corporate data warehousing using Data Integrator increasing load speed four times, which was a critical achievement to support the data delivery service-level agreement.
- Designed data marts.
- Studied, troubleshot, and configured a company-wide scheduling system. Parallelized and optimized schedule implementation, decreasing load time span by ~50%.
- Configured the load-balancing environment for a scheduler and ETL tool.
- Optimized corporate-wide ETL operations, cutting the overall load time in half.
J2EE Architect and Developer2005 - 2008Liberty Travel
Technologies: J2EE Application with Web Client, EJB, MDB, Struts, JSP, Servlets, XML, Oracle
- Analyzed application requirements and communicated with the business analyst.
- Architected and developed application modules.
- Integrated with a third-party application API.
- Designed and developed a web-based user interface.
- Designed a complex data matching algorithm for integrating with the external system.