Web Application Architect and Developer2018 - PRESENTLinksbridge
Technologies: AngularJS, EasyUI, jQuery, HTML/CSS, Java, SQL
- Designed and developed a single-page rich web application.
- Set up and supported complete cloud infrastructure.
- Set up the database and designed data schema.
- Set up an R back-end server. Designed and developed an R application for processing large data documents.
- Implemented UI and UX with input from the graphical interface designer.
- Analyzed business needs and technological capacity. Proposed most optimal solutions to ongoing problems and tasks.
Architect and Development Lead2009 - PRESENTFINRA
Technologies: Java, Spring, Big Data, Sharding, High Availability, Netezza (Massive Parallel Processing Database), Oracle, Web Services (SOAP and REST), Parallel Data Processing, Performance Optimization, AWS, Multi AZ, STORM, Cassandra
- Architected a complete system, including data processing modules, component framework, and logging/monitoring/control infrastructure.
- Designed and enforced the automated project lifecycle: build, test, and deployment.
- Established and enforced development best practices.
- Maintained overall product architecture consistency and clarity to support intuitive development and easy product evolution.
- Created and maintained technical and user documentation.
- Researched AWS Elastic Map Reduce technology (web GUI and command line interfaces).
- Developed Elastic Map Reduce jobs capable of using Amazon S3 storage as input and output source.
- Analyzed the existing stream of event processing solutions in a market and evaluated them against desired system qualities to find the best-suited product/framework for a project.
- Architected a system POC version and supervised implementation.
- Designed and implemented high availability data storage and data processing systems. That includes utilizing data storage supporting sharding technology, data and appication clusters, high availability data storage, and multi AZ deployment.
Java Developer2019 - 2019Addteq, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Built an in-house analog of the Einstein/Firebase service with WebSocket and STOMP protocols as well as STOMP token authentication, subscription, messages, and topics.
- Integrated the in-house service with Confluence Excellentable plugin for a collaborative editing feature.
Java Developer2016 - 2016Danfoss Turbocor Compressors (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java, Profiling, Client Server, MS Office Add-ins
- Analyzed existing code and solutions.
- Found the source of a performance discrepancy in different input data cases.
- Recommended solution approaches with corresponding implementation time and effectiveness.
Business Intelligence Architect and Developer2008 - 2009Cambridge Interactive Development Corporation
Technologies: Java, Informix, Oracle, Netezza, MySQL, BO Data Integrator, CVS, Perforce
- Adapted an existing Java-based data load application for Netezza database, making the first generation of Netezza data warehouses operational.
- Developed a data load application for corporate data warehousing using Data Integrator increasing load speed four times, which was a critical achievement to support the data delivery service-level agreement.
- Designed data marts.
- Studied, troubleshot, and configured a company-wide scheduling system. Parallelized and optimized schedule implementation, decreasing load time span by ~50%.
- Configured the load-balancing environment for a scheduler and ETL tool.
- Optimized corporate-wide ETL operations, cutting the overall load time in half.
J2EE Architect and Developer2005 - 2008Liberty Travel
Technologies: J2EE Application with Web Client, EJB, MDB, Struts, JSP, Servlets, XML, Oracle
- Analyzed application requirements and communicated with the business analyst.
- Architected and developed application modules.
- Integrated with a third-party application API.
- Designed and developed a web-based user interface.
- Designed a complex data matching algorithm for integrating with the external system.