Cloud Developer with Go or Strong Java Experience and AWS2020 - 2021AT&T
Technologies: Go, Java, Linux, Docker, AWS S3, AWS Lambda, AWS SQS, AWS Push Notification Service (AWS SNS), AWS CloudWatch, Terraform
- Helped the team to implement and deliver business requirements in the U-verse content registration system.
- Designed and implemented development and production support tools and utility code to simplify and speed up production operations resulting in saving about 20 man-hours a week.
- Participated in team development plan discussions helping to manage team load more effectively.
Java Developer2020 - 2020Caterpillar
Technologies: AWS, Java, Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis
- Studied the application architecture and infrastructure.
- Designed and developed a new back-end data processing application as part of the company data processing system.
- Designed and programmed data processing functionality and integration with the existing data processing interfaces.
Data Migration Architect2019 - 2020Spin
Technologies: Data Migration, Global, CockroachDB, PostgreSQL
- Analyzed current application and data architecture.
- Researched potential future architecture that matches business requirements and application demands.
- Proposed an optimal data migration solution from one Heroku platform to AWS.
- Researched, tested, and implemented one-directional data synchronization with Bucardo. Set up such synchronization on all databases in all environments.
- Prepared, designed, and provisioned future databases for all environments on AWS.
- Set up, supervised, and monitored actual data migration from Heroku to AWS. Successfully migrated all lower environments.
- Researched further data synchronization with FiveTran technology to an analytical database. Prepared step-by-step instructions for migrating said synchronization from Heroku DBs to AWS DBs in all environments.
- Prepared documentation, how-tos, diagrams, and presentation on a matter of my research and proposals. Supported and maintained such documentation.
- Participated in design and architectural reviews.
AWS Developer and Consultant2019 - 2019ToxStrategies
Technologies: AWS, AWS EC2, R
- Set up and configured the full website infrastructure on AWS using Elastic Beanstalk and Spring Boot application.
- Set up and configured R server in AWS EC2 instance.
- Designed and programmed a Spring Boot web application with AngularJS client-side event management.
- Designed and programmed a back-end application to process user input and generate reports and outputs.
- Set up and configured a Java back-end to R engine interface.
- Programmed and debugged an R script to compute data and generate reports.
Java Developer2019 - 2019Addteq, Inc.
- Built an in-house analog of the Einstein and Firebase service with WebSocket and STOMP protocols, as well as STOMP token authentication, subscription, messages, and topics.
- Integrated the in-house service with Confluence Excellentable plugin for a collaborative editing feature.
- Supported migration from the existing architecture to a newly created functionality.
Java Developer2018 - 2019NextCapital
Technologies: Java, XML, SOAP, Integration, JUnit, WSDL
- Researched the company's current application architecture.
- Modified the existing application, created new functionality, and enhanced existing functionality.
- Maintained the application in production, fixed bugs, and supported deployment.
Web Application Architect and Developer2018 - 2019Linksbridge
Technologies: CSS, SQL, Java, HTML, jQuery, jQuery EasyUI, AngularJS
- Designed and developed a single-page rich web application.
- Set up and supported complete cloud infrastructure.
- Set up the database and designed data schema per business requirements.
- Set up an R back-end server. Designed and developed an R application for processing large data documents.
- Implemented UI and UX with input from the graphical interface designer.
- Analyzed business needs and technological capacity. Proposed most optimal solutions to ongoing problems and tasks.
DevOps2018 - 2018TransBit LLC
Technologies: AWS, AWS EC2, AWS ELB, AWS Auto-scaling, AWS RDS, Continuous Delivery (CD), AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS CodeBuild, Apache Tomcat, Java, AWS CloudFormation
- Researched the company's AWS infrastructure and architecture.
- Configured and enhanced the application's deployment automation with AWS CodePipeline and Jenkins.
- Configured and enhanced AWS RDS database monitoring.
Software Architect and Developer2017 - 2017Mad News Ltd.
Technologies: Java, Redshift, SQL, AWS, AWS EC2
- Analyzed the company's current infrastructure and architecture.
- Researched the company's MySQL database usage and application design.
- Devised future Redshift and Dynamo DB-based architecture.
- Prepared a MySQL to Redshift transition plan for the application and data.
- Supervised and supported the actual MySQL to Redshift transition of the application and data.
Java Developer2016 - 2016Danfoss Turbocor Compressors (via Toptal)
Technologies: Profiling, Java
- Analyzed existing code and solutions.
- Found the source of a performance discrepancy in different input data cases.
- Recommended solution approaches with corresponding implementation time and effectiveness.
Architect and Development Lead2009 - 2016FINRA
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Performance Optimization, Parallel Programming, Web Services, Big Data
- Architected a complete system, including data processing modules, component framework, and infrastructure for logging, monitoring, and control.
- Designed and enforced the automated project lifecycle: build, test, and deployment.
- Established and enforced development best practices.
- Maintained overall product architecture consistency and clarity to support intuitive development and easy product evolution.
- Created and maintained technical and user documentation.
- Researched AWS Elastic MapReduce technology (web GUI and command-line interfaces).
- Developed Elastic MapReduce jobs capable of using Amazon S3 storage as input and output source.
- Analyzed the existing stream of event processing solutions in a market and evaluated them against desired system qualities to find the best-suited product/framework for a project.
- Architected a system POC version and supervised implementation.
- Designed and implemented high availability data storage and data processing systems. That includes utilizing data storage supporting sharding technology, data and application clusters, high availability data storage, and multi AZ deployment.
Business Intelligence Architect and Developer2008 - 2009Cambridge Interactive Development Corporation
Technologies: Perforce, CVS, Data Integration, SAP BusinessObjects (BO), MySQL, Netezza, Oracle, IBM Informix, Java
- Adapted an existing Java-based data load application for Netezza database, making the first generation of Netezza data warehouses operational.
- Developed a data load application for corporate data warehousing using Data Integrator increasing load speed four times, which was a critical achievement to support the data delivery service-level agreement.
- Designed data marts and studied, troubleshot, and configured a company-wide scheduling system.
- Parallelized and optimized schedule implementation, decreasing load time span by around 50%.
- Configured the load-balancing environment for a scheduler and ETL tool.
- Optimized corporate-wide ETL operations, cutting the overall load time in half.
J2EE Architect and Developer2005 - 2008Liberty Travel
Technologies: Oracle, XML, Servlets, JSP, Apache Struts, EJB, Jakarta EE
- Analyzed application requirements and communicated with the business analyst.
- Architected and developed application modules.
- Integrated with a third-party application API.
- Designed and developed a web-based user interface.
- Designed a complex data matching algorithm for integrating with the external system.