Founder/CEO2017 - PRESENTCodeRescue
- Helped many clients create custom technology stacks tailored to their exact business requirements. Rescued clients from code disasters that were preventing their businesses from thriving.
- Designed an API that enables companies to integrate a client's technology without extensive technical support requirements, saving them hundreds of thousands of dollars per year in support requests.
- Developed a back end for an IoT project with an architecture designed to save the client thousands of dollars per month in hosting costs, bringing their infrastructure expenses down to a point where their business plan could be profitable.
- Created a complex sales management process automation tool for a large multinational corporation that will save them time and money in their sales allocation process.
Founder/CEO2010 - PRESENTQuickCharge Games
Technologies: Cross-platform, OpenGL, DirectX, Socket.IO, 3D Games, 2D Games, iPhone SDK, Android OpenGL, OpenGL ES, Game Tools Development, Game Development, Game Design, Android NDK, Android SDK
- Developed a cross-platform Android/iOS game that was downloaded more than a million times and collected a cumulative 4.4 star rating.
- Converted an iOS game (NinJump) to Android for Backflip Studios.
- Created a cross-platform game engine that was used in three games and licensed to be used in a non-game project.
Senior Consultant2015 - 2015Archethought
Technologies: SQL, Cross-platform, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Serverless, Bluetooth, AWS, Express.js, TypeScript, Web Architecture, Databases, REST APIs, Software Consulting, Security, C++, Back-end, Arduino, Android, iOS, Bluetooth LE, Angular, Flask, Python, Apache Cordova, Ionic, Node.js
- Created three cross-platform iOS/Android mobile applications using Ionic/Cordova, Bluetooth LE libraries, and Angular.
- Fixed bugs and improved performance in an existing Polymer-based application.
- Mentored staff in Ionic, Cordova, Angular, and Node.js programming and source control practices.
- Repaired the code in an IoT Arduino-based project to fix its logic to work reliably with the mobile application I developed.
- Created a simple API using Python/Flask to support several of the Ionic/Cordova applications I developed.
Interim CTO2015 - 2015GoSkip Inc
- Led a development team to rebuild the core technology for SKIP from the ground up.
- Created a cross-platform iOS/Android app, an optimized full-stack server infrastructure, a robust connection to a point-of-sale system, and a custom-designed hardware product.
- Hired and managed the teams involved for all of the components, and I designed the architecture to be resilient and to minimize long term costs.
- Mentored new developers, and reviewed code for quality and security.
- Advised the CEO on how the technology could best be leveraged to bring the product to market as quickly as possible.
Software Development Engineer III2013 - 2015Amazon.com
- Led the development of an Android client for Amazon’s service AppStream.
- Refactored the example code to share most of the code across all supported platforms, and simplified the example to enable easier adoption/modification by the customer.
- Helped create an AppStream Unity plug-in so that AppStream could be used in a Unity-based game.
- Helped restructure the project documentation to enable the user's guide to cross-reference links to the reference materials.
- Worked with WebRTC technology to stream video from servers to web clients.
- Provided direct help to AppStream clients in working with Android integration of their products.
- Developed tools used by the entire team to improve source control workflow and whole-project versioning (using Git).
Cardinal Peak2012 - 2013Senior Consultant
Technologies: C, ICE, TURN (Traversal Using Relay Around NAT), STUN, Git, Software Consulting, C++, Back-end, Arduino, Video Streaming, Android, Linux
- Developed software to run in a Linux-based camera that could stream video to a mobile application using STUN/TURN/ICE firewall piercing.
- Led development on an embedded device using Android as its OS and an Arduino as a watchdog and to interface with peripherals.
- Worked directly with multiple clients as their primary point of contact.