Individual Front-end Consultant2015 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: ECMAScript (ES6), Babel, Webpack, React, AMD
- Improved the efficiency of the stockholders’ daily workflows drastically.
- Crafted a Next.js single-page application from 0 to 1 with smooth navigations and great UX.
- Shipped React-powered single-page applications from their user stories.
- Reviewed the front-end architecture and suggested insightful action plans.
- Migrated to the modern React components from the Backbone.js controllers.
- Upgraded the asset build toolchain to webpack/CommonJS from RequireJS/AMD.
- Testimonial: "Tom could work with vague requirements." – Client.
Senior Front-end Engineer (Contractor)2021 - 2022Private Client
- Used GitHub issues and PRs and extensive code reviews. Communications were done on GitHub issues and Slack DMs and could work with vague requirements.
- Impressed stockholders and users with the new system, greatly improved their daily workflow efficiency, and reduced wasted time.
Front-end Engineer2014 - 2015SpoonRocket
Technologies: batman.js, jQuery, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Engineered the admin interface for the food delivery dashboard UI.
- Worked closely with designers and product owners to deliver features within Agile sprints.
- Rewrote the whole single-paged codebase with batman.js from the previous AngularJS one.
- Created email templates from scratch with mockups from designers.
Technical Guru2013 - 2014MimiOpen
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails 3, Bootstrap, jQuery
- Brainstormed the product with two co-founders and defined MVP with UX in mind.
- Engineered the matching system between the college coaches and the high school students.
- Involved in the DevOps process with daily deployments on Heroku.