Data Solution Architect2021 - PRESENTAbn Amro
Technologies: Azure, Data Architecture, Solution Design
- Created a data architecture roadmap to highlight the journey to a cloud-based platform and process.
- Supported the creation of a future state architecture for all applications.
- Built the solution design for a single customer view project.
DevOps Specialist2021 - 2021APG
Technologies: Qlik Sense, Alteryx
- Developed a front-end dashboard to help track taxes due globally for APG.
- Fostered a user community around Alteryx, hosting various workshops and community meetings and uploading content onto the SharePoint site.
- Consulted projects as an Alteryx SME to ensure accurate delivery and success.
Data Architect and Visualization Expert2019 - 2021Philips
Technologies: Data Management, Team Mentoring, Database Modeling, Data Architecture, Data Visualization, SQL, Qlik Sense, Azure Synapse
- Developed a Qlik Sense dashboard that monitors and projects inventory volumes across all B2B products for the forthcoming year.
- Created a data model in Microsoft Azure to support end-to-end sales and order management monitoring and performance tracking to ensure a better customer experience and revenue recognition.
- Designed a dashboard in Qlik Sense to enable order management teams to easily identify priority order issues and root causes to expedite resolution and on-time delivery.
- Led projects technically and directed the efforts of other developers to deliver the target architecture.
- Liaised with senior stakeholders and represented the project at the steering committee level.
Data Visualization Team Lead2017 - 2019Accenture
Technologies: Coaching, Stakeholder Management, Data Architecture, Project Management, Qlik Sense, Alteryx, Technical Leadership, Team Leadership, Data Vizualisation
- Set up, led, and grew the data visualization team in the Netherlands by 100%. Effectively held responsibility for career coaching, role placement, and hitting key performance KPIs.
- Led the technical team and data delivery aspects of a multi-year, multi-million pound B2B UK telecoms data warehouse and KPI reporting capability. Technologies included Netezza, Alteryx, Qlik Sense, and Informatica.
- Designed very successful data and ETL architecture for a large data migration project using Alteryx and Microsoft technologies. The resulting solution saved approximately 50-75% in resource cost.
- Built a KPI dashboard for a large hospitality-based firm based in the Netherlands. Created the solution in Qlik Sense in only one to two weeks.
Data Visualization Manager and Consultant2011 - 2017Accenture UKI
Technologies: Consulting, ETL, Database Management, Microsoft SQL Server, Alteryx, Qlik Sense
- Led one of the most inventive projects for real-time sports analytics. Blended data ingestion, visualization in near real-time, storytelling, cloud hosting, predictive analytics, and feeding unique performance insights to over 1 million mobile users.
- Designed, technically led, and built a complex B2B telecoms solution for a large B2B client to unify the customer journey. Delivered a single customer view that is the cornerstone of the client's analytics framework.
- Spoke at various public engagements regarding solutions built, including the Alteryx conference, Twickenham rugby stadium, and multiple clients such as Vodafone, Virgin Media, and RBS.
Business Intelligence Team Lead2009 - 2011Talk Talk
Technologies: Data Migration, Business Intelligence (BI), SQL, Database Modeling, Informatica, ETL, Team Leadership
- Led a team of 15 onshore and offshore developers to meet all our clients' reporting needs.
- Delivered a major data migration project that would save the company 500,000 per month once delivered.
- Created a new telco data warehouse that included customer base and movements reporting, call data record (CDR) reporting, and aged debt reporting.
- Saved the company 18 million GBP (in regulatory fines) by creating a report that would help ensure the company did not wrongfully bill customers who indicated they wanted to disconnect.
Data Warehouse Architect and BI Expert2006 - 2009Carphone Warehouse
Technologies: Team Leadership, Data Modeling, Informatica, Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, Trillium, Oracle, Netezza
- Designed and evolved the data warehouse globally for the Carphone Warehouse as one of six data architects.
- Delivered a complex, cross-European customer and address matching solution. This single customer view enabled improved customer management and targeting (marketing) opportunities.
- Coached and led a team of four external partner developers to grow the existing platform.