Verified Expert in Engineering
Tomas founded a software development agency 10 years ago and managed an 80-person team, where he covered almost every possible role in the company, but mostly worked as the CTO. Two years ago, he started a product startup called Bleap, a no-code tool that helps entrepreneurs validate their ideas without any code or technical skills. Tomas is passionate about software development because he loves solving problems.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), React, Bubble, Node.js, CTO, Web Scraping, Python, Artificial Intelligence (AI), APIs, DevOps
The most amazing...
...product I've developed is Bleap, a no-code tool for entrepreneurs to validate their ideas without technical skills.
Cuentos para dormir (Bedtime stories)
- Integrated OpenAI GPT-4 through their API to generate stories for kids based on their preferences. It saves the queries and default preferences in order to get better results.
- Developed a plugin in Bubble.io to make the integration easier and help the community.
- Worked on a site that has generated over 10,000 stories.
Nick Deyong Ltd
- Developed an internal system to manage experiences for the end users.
- Created a structure for a huge CRM for the company where employees were allowed to interact with external users and clients.
- Added mobile support for all the platforms and all user types.
CTO and Co-founder
- Created different performant modules in the app builder for the needs of our users, optimized for performance and speed handling concurrency issues, and validated to reach the web page speed standards.
- Mounted a complex infrastructure to combine different modules in the product without a need to code or understand technical things. Workload units were handled to serve the different projects of the users and their components.
- Built more than 10 paid plugins in Bubble that were used by more than 10,000 Bubble users in total (see more at bleap-demo-plugins.bubbleapps.io/version-test).
CTO and Co-founder
- Founded a software development agency with 80 members, covering almost every possible role in the company, but mostly worked as the CTO.
- Developed a cloud-based SaaS application serving multiple clients from various industries. Adopted a multi-tenant architecture and designed the database schema that ensured tenant isolation for security and privacy while maximizing resource sharing.
- Established an end-to-end service for development, infrastructure, and DevOps working with AWS, Google Cloud, and DigitalOcean.
- Used React and React Native for creating web and mobile apps.
- Worked with React and React Native to create robust, interactive, and responsive web and mobile applications. Ensured optimal performance of the apps by efficiently utilizing React's component-based architecture and state management features.
- Used Bubble, Adalo, and FlutterFlow to build fast web and mobile apps with no-code technologies.
- Developed over 30 sophisticated projects of Ruby on Rails and Django frameworks, with a focus on designing, implementing, and optimizing RESTful APIs.
Senior Back-end WordPress Developer
2 Bucks Entertainment
- Developed three WordPress plugins for the platform. Used PHP and webhooks to implement the features of the plugins into the WordPress workflow.
- Created a scalable user system in PHP for users to purchase tickets. Mounted the database on MySQL with Elasticsearch for better performance.
- Developed a machine learning system for blog post recommendations for recurring users.
- Created a complex site for moviegoers displaying the schedules of all cinemas in Argentina (with multiple data sources).
- Built multiple WordPress sites that included SEO, caching, and multiple integrations.
- Developed a WordPress plugin designed to give weather updates to windsurfers.
- Supported Facebook API integrations, including data storage and complex FQL queries.
- Integrated and adapted responsive designs using Twitter Bootstrap and custom CSS.
Software Engineer and Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Handled integrations of REST APIs and GraphQL in scalable complex projects. Created a complex distributed architecture for the back end with microservices.
- Created a custom login portal using social network APIs like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google.
- Worked with SCSS and jQuery to implement web apps' front ends.
- Performed network management tasks using Linux platforms. Implemented Ubuntu servers running Nginx and Pume to serve web apps.
- Worked in web development with CMSs for SMEs and startups.
- Designed and built custom WordPress and web templates with Webhooks. Worked in custom Gutenberg blocks with React and Redux. Built OpenAI ChatGPT plugins for WordPress.
- Worked on the infrastructure of the projects with AWS using S3, CloudFront, EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, AIM, and RDS.
We built a robust back end using Ruby on Rails to power our platform. This web application framework offers the scalability, flexibility, and security we need to handle a high volume of user-generated content and deliver it seamlessly to our users. With this technology stack, we can provide a smooth and intuitive user experience across all devices and enable our users to connect, share, and inspire one another through video storytelling.
Users could easily track their income, expenses, and investments in real time, and receive personalized insights and recommendations to optimize their financial decisions. The app also allowed users to buy, sell, and exchange goods and services, as well as connect with a vast network of vendors and merchants across Mexico.
The app leveraged the latest mobile technologies to deliver a secure and reliable experience, with robust encryption and authentication features that protected users' data and privacy. Whether the users were local residents, expats, or business owners in Mexico, the app offered a flexible and scalable solution to help them manage their money, goods, and services with ease.
AY NOT DEAD Website
Our team optimized the site for speed, performance, and accessibility and incorporated eCommerce functionality for seamless online transactions. We also integrated custom graphics and animations to enhance the user experience.
We closely communicated with the AY NOT DEAD team to ensure the project met their requirements and expectations. The result was a successful website launch that effectively represented the AY NOT DEAD brand.
The 'Create' section included a unique feature that allowed users to customize their own table using available options. The real-time updates and previews were achieved through Ajax calls.
Bleap - Platform Builderhttps://bleap.cc
Starting a product? We are working on a tool to save you money and time by providing clear and affordable guidance along your product development journey.
How? By analyzing where you are and telling you what to do and when to have a successful product.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Bootstrap, Angular, Next.js, Symfony, Django, AngularJS, Flutter
REST APIs, Ruby on Rails API, jQuery, React, Twilio API, Node.js, WhatsApp API
Bubble, Git, Bitbucket, GitHub, Terraform, NGINX, Figma
REST, DevOps, Automation, Mobile Development
WordPress, Amazon EC2, Linux, Android, iOS, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Shopify
CTO, Back-end, Front-end, Software Development, Ruby Gems, API Integration, Full-stack, Ruby Performance, Web Scraping, CI/CD Pipelines, OpenAI GPT-4 API, User Interface (UI), Architecture, Artificial Intelligence (AI), APIs, Data Scraping, Scraping, OpenAI GPT-3 API, Data Engineering, Ubuntu Server, Task Automation, SaaS, GPT, User Experience (UX), Language Models, Chatbots, Machine Learning, AI Design, Optimization, Webhooks, Integration, Algorithms
MySQL, PostgreSQL, Databases
Analyst Degree in Computer Systems
Buffa Sistemas - Buenos Aires, Argentina
Bachelor's Degree in Advertising
Universidad de Ciencias Empresariales y Sociales (UCES) - Buenos Aires, Argentina
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring