Verified Expert in Engineering
Since 2013, Tomas has been making a living as a software engineer working with large corporations and early-stage startups. Highlights from his career include working for Red Hat, co-founding his own company, later joining other startups, and working for a blockchain venture studio. Tomas specializes in building modern web applications with a strong emphasis on a visually appealing UI and an exceptional UX.
GitHub, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Startups
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is Lumeer, a flexible information system that gives users the same freedom as spreadsheets but enables more advanced data manipulation.
- Developed a tooling that can discover all nodes of any Cosmos SDK chain, detect their open RPC ports, and use them to fetch various data about a given blockchain and its validators.
- Helped to design a scoring system for validators based on their signing performance, governance participation, and contribution to blockchain decentralization.
- Built a custom Tendermint/CometBFT node from scratch that collects block vote messages, which are later used in a data pipeline that can reliably link validators to their nodes.
- Maintained a core application that collected large amounts of data about 20+ Cosmos chains, presented it in an intuitive UI, and also served it via API to other internal and external applications.
- Led a team of four developers while building smart contracts and a web application for a unique re-staking solution on top of EigenLayer.
- Helped to come up with new product ideas and evaluate their feasibility.
- Maintained a SaaS product used by thousands of individual financial advisors and several enterprise clients.
- Developed a completely re-designed a next generation product from scratch as a single-page application based on Laravel and Vue.js 3.
- Developed new features and fixed bugs in the existing multipage application based on WordPress and Vue.js 2.
- Collaborated with the design department to create a newly redesigned company website.
- Optimized the previous version of the company's website by increasing its Google Lighthouse score.
Lead Front-end Developer
- Oversaw and participated in the development of multiple complex single-page applications.
- Designed and improved the architecture of multiple applications, refactored essential legacy code, and introduced a state management library.
- Led a complete redesign of an existing application.
- Put in place useful tools and CI processes to improve the developer experience and eliminate preventable bugs.
- Reviewed the code of four front-end developers regularly, taught them best practices, and helped them resolve tricky issues.
- Led the process of making the application more reactive using a state management library.
- Contributed to the redesign of the application's UI.
- Proposed and executed some crucial refactorings of the legacy code that made the application more stable.
- Covered basic use cases with a set of E2E tests using Cypress.
- Advocated the use of GitFlow to speed up the development process and deployment cycle.
- Designed a reactive front-end architecture to support switching between various visual interpretations of data and enable collaboration between multiple users.
- Switched the back end to a three-layer architecture to support growing the application's size with minimal technical debt.
- Led a team of up to five developers, implemented frequent code reviews, and advocated industry-best practices.
- Set up an E2E test suite and covered important parts of the application by automated tests.
- Reported and fixed bugs in various libraries our product depended on.
- Contributed to business planning and strategic decision-making.
- Tested JBoss Business Process Management (BPM) Suite and JBoss Business Rules Management System (BRMS) products.
- Ran automated test suites and analyzed test results.
- Tested installers, the BPM engine, web application UIs, remote APIs, and performance.
- Reported around 200 complex bugs and verified much more.
- Created three large automated test suites from scratch.
- Made over 30 voluntary code contributions to tested projects.
I led a team of up to five developers, designed the architecture of the system, and implemented a large part of it.
The back end was based on Java EE, ran in a WildFly application server, and used MongoDB as the primary data storage. The front end was based on Angular; it was made fully reactive using NgRx state management library and used many other libraries (such as Mapbox GL, Plotly, Frappe Gantt, etc.) to display various visual representations of data. The application ran on multiple nodes in DigitalOcean cloud and used Auth0 for user authentication.
The design decisions I made early on enabled us, for example, to easily implement real-time user collaboration using Pusher in later stages.
I built a data syncing pipeline from scratch, which is the core component that enabled this project to be started. I also helped build Cosmos sensor, a custom Tendermint/CometBFT node that monitors validators on Cosmos chains and collects even more data for the Observatory.
Snappy Kraken Apphttps://snappykraken.com
Angular, Bootstrap, Cypress, JPA, Angular Material, Redux, Electron, Apache Camel, Laravel, Laravel Mix, Hibernate, Tendermint
NgRx, RxJS, Mapbox GL, React, Node.js, Vue, Vuex, Leaflet
Firebase, DigitalOcean, Amazon EC2, Android, WordPress, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Java EE, Linux, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Blockchain, Blockchain Platforms, Ethereum, Docker
Cloud Firestore, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), JBoss AS, MongoDB, Databases, JBoss Infinispan, SQLite, PostgreSQL
UI Components, API Testing, SaaS, Responsive Design, Front-end, Full-stack, Firebase Cloud Functions, Firebase Hosting, Storybook, GitHub Actions, Styled-components, Vue-router, Cloud, Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), User Interface (UI), Real-time Data, Caching, Startups, Blockchain & Cryptocurrency, Cryptocurrency APIs, Pinia, Cryptocurrency, Cosmos, Ethereum Smart Contracts, Foundry, Remix, RPC, Vite, TinyMCE
Git, Apache Maven, NPM, Angular CLI, GitHub, Prisma, WebStorm, JBoss BPM Suite, Vue CLI, Sentry, Auth0, CircleCI, Travis CI, WildFly
E2E Testing, Reactive Programming, Clean Code, Responsive Web Design (RWD), REST
Master's Degree in Informatics
Masaryk University - Brno, Czechia
Erasmus+ Exchange Program in Information Technology
University of Oslo - Oslo, Norway
Bachelor's Degree in Informatics
Masaryk University - Brno, Czechia
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Amazon Web Services
Red Hat Certified Architect: Enterprise Application Development
Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Business Process Design
Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Camel Development
Red Hat Certified JBoss Administrator
Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Developing Fast Cache Applications
Red Hat Certified JBoss Developer
Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Persistence