React Developer2017 - PRESENTBlackjack Apprenticeship
Technologies: React, React Router, Redux, Redux Saga, Recompose, Sass, Webpack, CSS Modules
- Built a fully functional Blackjack simulator with React. This included four training modules, a simulated game, and a test-out mode, with multiple gameplay settings for each one.
- Adapted create-react-app's Webpack configuration to use CSS modules.
- Adapted create-react-app's Webpack configuration to embed all image assets as data URLs.
- Worked with Redux Saga to manage complex gameplay flows.
Front-end Developer (via Toptal)2018 - 2018GLO
Technologies: Shopify, Shopify Liquid, HTML, CSS, jQuery, Zeplin
- Used Jumpstart as the foundation of a brand-new theme commissioned by the client.
- Built over a dozen flexible sections to allow the client to customize the content and feel of the website.
- Created mobile and desktop versions of each element and adjusted for tablet-size devices where necessary.
- Put on my designer hat and created mobile versions of the elements where only the desktop design was provided.
- Coordinated with the client on a daily basis and at a weekly basis with the lead designer.
React & Node.js Developer2018 - 2018Freelance
Technologies: React, React Router, Redux, Node.js, Less, Webpack, Heroku
- Created a plan for how to adapt the front-end of an open source blockchain application to be used by the client's custom blockchain.
- Documented the front-end of the open-source application so that more junior developers could work with it and be productive from day one. This included documenting the main React components, the unit tests, the deployment of the application, the SSR server, and code style guides/linters.
- Redesigned the UI of the application to provide a distinctive feel consistent with the client's brand.
- Built a simple HTML/CSS landing page for the project and deployed to Firebase, a host that best matched the client's needs.
Front-end Engineer2017 - 2018Operadores Turísticos Internacionales S.A. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Mapbox, React.js, Redux, React Router, Redux Saga, Recompose, SCSS
- Created a customer-facing service for viewing and booking tours, hotels, and transfers of different types using interactive maps built with Mapbox.
- Used a complex API provided by the client and created a Redux Saga structure for managing chains of API calls.
- Built the React components using Recompose library to clearly separate the presentation and the logic parts of the components.
- Created a Redux Saga structure for managing search filters to make all the relevant data from various components accessible in a single store.
- Used Airbnb-inspired modular SCSS with BEM to create style sheets that are both easy to understand and modify.
- Used the library Prettier with pre-commit hooks to ensure the code formatting is kept consistent in all .js, .jsx and .scss files.
Technologies: Meteor, React.js, Redux, React Router, SCSS, ES6, MapBox, MongoDB
- Created an interactive map of independent fashion design/gourmet food producers in Rio de Janeiro as an MVP of an online marketplace platform using Meteor, MongoDB, and React.js.
- Created a complex producer-facing dashboard for managing products, orders and money withdrawals as a front-end developer. This included a complex gallery feature and a Shopify-inspired system for creating multiple product variants with different colors/sizes/materials, etc.
- Created a quick setup service with six steps (breadcrumbs) to ensure all new sellers have their profiles completely filled in and have at least one product to sell before they are approved on the marketplace.
Project Manager2015 - 2016NUMA Paris
Technologies: PHP, HTML, CSS, Meteor, React.js
- Supported the Startup Accelerator team as a Project Manager in processing and analyzing applications.
- Analyzed past application data and created tools for internal use, such as a searchable database of startups or a tool for startup evaluation.
- Organized the kick-off event for a new startup class.
iOS Developer, Co-founder2014 - 2015Ocean London
Technologies: Objective-C, Swift, Xcode
- Co-founded Ocean while still studying at UCL.
- Implemented a recommendation algorithm by analyzing the user’s psychological profile using a version of the Big Five Personality Test and employing a linear regression algorithm and a rating system to map psychological profile to particular preferences. For example, what’s the probability that a user with high openness score will like a restaurant given that it’s been described as "underground"?
- Designed the algorithm that governed the app and together with other developers built the mobile app in Swift.