Tomo is a Java, Android, and Golang developer with 13+ years of experience. He has worked on Android, web, and back-end applications, telecommunications, and enterprise and banking systems. He is especially interested in all things GPS related.
ExperienceJava - 14 yearsGoogle Maps - 7 yearsGoogle Cloud - 5 yearsSMPP - 5 yearsGo - 4 yearsAndroid - 2 yearsReact Native - 1 year
Linux, Bash, Android Studio, IntelliJ, Git, Vim Text Editor
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is an open source library that is now used to track wild animals in Africa.
- Worked and maintained various open source projects.
- Mantained several websites and their internal microservices.
- Developed an Android application for language learning to help users learn new words by going through 10,000 sentences.
- Created an Android application for numeric sequences and time tracking.
- Developed a news aggregation Android application complete with back-end.
- Integrated Android apps with Firebase and Google cloud back-ends.
- Maintained Trackprofiler, the online GPS track editor.
- Developed the back-end in Golang.
- Implemented various fintech APIs.
- Implemented a back-end REST API hosted on Google Cloud.
- Implemented video processing workflow.
- Implemented a variant HLS video streaming solution.
- Helped the development of iOS and Android applications.
- Integrated REST APIs with mobile apps.
- Integrated push notifications with mobile apps.
Senior Java Developer
- Developed enterprise SMS messaging systems.
- Implemented various applications using the SMPP protocol.
- Implemented the GSMA OneApi REST API.
- Developed open-source client libraries for the OneAPI REST API.
- Introduced the Git versioning system and worked on a specific Git workflow to be adopted.
- Introduced Groovy scripting for several applications.
Senior Java Developer
Istarska kreditna banka (Istrian Credit Bank)
- Implemented an internet banking back-end system.
- Worked on several web applications for internal use.
- Worked on an application for money laundering prevention.
- Implemented a reporting system.
- Implemented a bridge between an application for inventory management and the company's CMS (a WordPress plugin and a Java service).
- Implemented a CMS and web shop.
Math and Informatics Teacher
Elementary School Poreč
- Taught kids programming (mostly Python) and mathematics.
- Mentored regional and state level competitions.
- Lobbied for the use of open-source technologies in the educational system.
Typescriptify Golang Structshttps://github.com/tkrajina/typescriptify-golang-structs
Git Introduction: Uvod u git
Geo Elevations: SRTM.pyhttps://github.com/tkrajina/srtm.py
Introduction to HTTP Live Streaming: HLS on Android and More
Adventures in GPS Programming and Development: A Geospatial Tutorial
Go, Python, Java, Groovy, Bash, PHP, Ruby
Google Maps, LeafletJS, jQuery, JasperReports, jQuery UI
Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), Android Studio, IntelliJ, Vim Text Editor, LaTeX, Shell, Apache Tomcat, Git
Agile Software Development, Test-driven Development (TDD)
Android, Google App Engine, Firebase, Linux, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), iOS, AWS Lambda, Heroku
Google Cloud, MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon DynamoDB, Memcached, IBM Db2, Microsoft SQL Server
SMS, SMPP, Web Services, AS400, Fintech
Spring, Apache Struts 2, webapp2, React Native
Bachelor's of Science Degree in Math
PMF - Zagreb