- CTOQMágico2013 - PRESENT
Technologies: Django, Appengine, AngularJS, AWS
- Led the architecture of the company’s main product: the QMágico platform, a learning management system based in AngularJS (lots of it), Appengine, and Django. QMagico is the first “real” startup (with a kind of a Silicon Valley “vibe”) that I worked at.
- Prepared and presented tech talks to the team (programmers and other).
- Helped set the company’s engineering culture, and sometimes wore a product/project manager hat as well.
- Architect/DeveloperP2D and Touch Health2009 - 2013
Technologies: Java, JEE, Adobe Flex
- Led the architecture at P2D and Touch, healthcare information systems companies and partners in business. Their main product, P2D Prontuario Universal, was my responsibility.
- Created and evolved the processes and tools for configuration management and continuous deployment.
- Improved the architecture of products, tools, and processes.
- Built freedomsponsors (see Experience) and started to develop a preference for Python over Java.
- Architect, Manager, and DeveloperZilics Vale2007 - 2009
Technologies: Java, JEE, JSF
- Coordinated a new unit for Zilics in Sao Jose dos Campos. Zilics developed healthcare information systems that aim to improve quality for the patient.
- Ensured that the unit delivered results and met deadlines, not only as a team manager, but also as an architect and developer. It was a great challenge.
- Contributed vital efforts to the development of a complex archetype-based medical records system.
- ArchitectStefanini IT Solutions2007 - 2007
- Coordinated the work of a team of interns. It was very challenging because everyone else was working part time with little schedule predictability.
- Developed small modules that were part of big web applications.
- Managed the team, architected, designed, and programmed software--I did a little bit of everything.
- ProgrammerIBM2005 - 2007
Technologies: Java, Websphere, Lotus Notes
- Developed and supported development efforts using Java and Websphere technologies.
- Dealt with Java programming using asynchronous messaging.
- Introduced source code management (SVN).
- Reported directly to clients, managers, and other stakeholders in India and the US.
- Took part in the biannual Disaster Recovery exercise in New Jersey (2006).
- Programmer/AnalystTelefonica2004 - 2005
Technologies: Java and Websphere
- Programmed and configured software in Websphere for Telefonica (now known as VIVO), Brazil's main telephone operator at the time. We built GAUDI, an integration system to communicate legacy systems and the Oracle eBusiness Suite.