Senior DevOps Engineer2020 - PRESENTPerkin Elmer
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), AWS EC2, MQTT, Internet of Things (IoT), GitHub, AWS Fargate, ECS, Terraform, AWS, Kubernetes
- Built out highly available ECS Fargate clusters for various medical-related microservices.
- Provisioned Kubernetes clusters with Terraform, Rancher, and RKE in a cloud-native manner.
- Created proof of concepts for AWS IoT for on-prem data collection.
DevOps Engineer2019 - 2020Parallel Digital Studio
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), ELK (Elastic Stack), Python, GitLab, Docker, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, AWS
- Migrated a NASDAQ/S&P 600 company's web infrastructure from Rackspace to AWS reducing their bill by over 75%. Infrastructure using Terraform and containers based applications being built, tested, and deployed through Gitlab CI/CD pipelines.
- Developed CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous delivery) pipelines with Gitlab CI and AWS CodePipeline.
- Created custom Git hosted Terraform modules to encapsulate application-specific cloud resources to set up and tear down of various environments.
- Stood up ELK (Elasticsearch, Kibana and Logstash) monitoring and log aggregation stacks.
- Automated processes using scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell, and Bash.
DevOps Engineer (Contract)2019 - 2019StormFree Cloud Corporation
Technologies: Docker, Ansible, Packer, Kubernetes
- Worked with a remote DevOps team to help build turnkey solutions on AWS using Kubernetes, Ansible, and Packer.
- Deployed microservices to Kubernetes through custom Helm charts while deploying microservices through custom Helm charts.
- Hardened and secured base infrastructure docker containers using Packer.
- Built and maintained high-performance, high-availability Kubernetes clusters.
Operations and DevOps2014 - 2019Postmedia Network
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Jenkins, Python, Ansible, AWS
- Helped migrate 100+ small-medium sized community websites across Canada from on-prem to AWS in a month. Infrastructure was built out and configured with Ansible and deployed via Jenkins.
- Assisted in the building and testing of the infrastructure of applications that power some of the largest media websites in Canada including nationalpost.com.
- Built a web crawler with Scrapy to collect SEO metrics on our websites to better inform the newsroom on how our content performs and how to improve on key metrics.
- Monitor and diagnose server issues using products such as AppDynamics, Grafana, Nagios, Amazon CloudWatch, and New Relic.
- Automated MySQL upgrades, optimizations to server/database instances, and scripted Windows/Linux server migrations.
- Created multiple iterations of site speed projects to improve website performance focusing on ATF (above the fold).
- Created internal and external tools to significantly reduce cost, save time, and streamline processes.