Senior DevOps Engineer2020 - PRESENTPerkin Elmer
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Amazon EC2, MQTT, Internet of Things (IoT), GitHub, AWS Fargate, ECS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS (Amazon Elastic Container Service), Amazon, Amazon EKS
- Built out highly available ECS Fargate clusters for various medical-related microservices.
- Provisioned Kubernetes clusters with Terraform, Rancher, and RKE in a cloud-native manner.
- Created the proof of concepts for AWS IoT for on-prem data collection.
DevOps Engineer2019 - 2020Parallel Digital Studio
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), ELK (Elastic Stack), Python, GitLab, Docker, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation
- Migrated a NASDAQ/S&P 600 company's web infrastructure from Rackspace to AWS, reducing costs by more than 75%. The infrastructure, using Terraform and container-based applications, was built, tested, and deployed through GitLab CI/CD pipelines.
- Developed the CI/CD or continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines with Gitlab CI and AWS CodePipeline.
- Created custom Git-hosted Terraform modules to encapsulate application-specific cloud resources to set up and tear down various environments.
- Stood up ELK or Elasticsearch, Kibana, and Logstash monitoring and log aggregation stacks.
- Automated processes using scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell, and Bash.
Contract DevOps Engineer2019 - 2019StormFree Cloud Corporation
Technologies: Docker, Ansible, Packer, Kubernetes
- Worked with a remote DevOps team to help build Turnkey solutions on AWS using Kubernetes, Ansible, and Packer.
- Deployed microservices to Kubernetes through custom Helm charts while deploying microservices through custom Helm charts.
- Hardened and secured the base infrastructure Docker containers using Packer.
- Built and maintained high-performance, high-availability Kubernetes clusters.
Operations and DevOps Engineer2014 - 2019Postmedia Network
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Jenkins, Python, Ansible
- Helped migrate over 100 small and medium-sized community websites across Canada from on-prem to AWS in a month. The infrastructure was built out and configured with Ansible and deployed via Jenkins.
- Assisted in building and testing the infrastructure of applications that power some of the largest media websites in Canada, including Nationalpost.com.
- Built a web crawler with Scrapy to collect SEO metrics on our websites to better inform the newsroom on how our content performs and how to improve key metrics.
- Monitored and diagnosed server issues using products such as AppDynamics, Grafana, Nagios, Amazon CloudWatch, and New Relic.
- Automated MySQL upgrades, including optimizations to server and database instances and scripted Windows and Linux server migrations.
- Created multiple iterations of site speed projects to improve website performance, focusing on ATF above the fold.
- Created internal and external tools to significantly reduce cost, save time, and streamline processes.