- Google App Engine Web DeveloperStorie, Inc.2015 - PRESENT
Technologies: Google App Engine, Java, Google Guice, Restlet, Jade, jQuery, SCSS
- Created http://storie.com web, running on Google App Engine.
- Integrated the web with the back-end API, also on Google App Engine, using URLFetch GAE service.
- Created a build system for client-side scripts.
- Implemented caching of main resources from the back-end API, to speed up page load times.
- Created a mechanism to work with models both on server and client side.
- Supported video playback using customized JWPlayer.
- Senior Software Engineer/System IntegratorInfobip d.o.o.2010 - PRESENT
- Introduced Apache Storm into technology stack, with the purpose of processing incoming (big) data stream in real time to e.g. prepare in advance the data for user dashboards to improve user experience; reached processing power of about 100.000 messages per second with a small cluster.
- Helped develop a set of internal tools used by support team and developers alike that monitor existing services, alert on various conditions, display metrics and related graphs etc.
- Led a team of developers in charge of integrating above mentioned Apache Storm and monitoring tools into companies stack; also worked as product owner for the related products.
- Managed and maintained the entire CI flow for about 150 developers throughout the company, using Stash as Git server (previously used TFS and Gitlab), Jenkins as build farm, Artifactory as repository and Jira and Confluence as project management tools; helped integrate Java (Maven) and other types of projects (NodeJS, Ruby, .Net) into the flow.
- Wrote a custom Jenkins plugin for integration with Git backend, to improve build start times; written in JRuby and open sourced to comunity.
- Created the base tools for automated deployments and maintenance of Java and other types of services by writing Bash (Linux) and Powershell (Windows) set of deployment scripts that support automated deploys, upgrades etc.
- Created internal tool for validating SQL schema for the entire platform and for automated building and seeding of various databases needed to run related services in staging environment.
- Helped transition existing code to new standards, e.g. converting UI to Bootstrap, using Angular on the front end and writing corresponding REST service on backend.
- Led coding dojos within the team; taught new candidates the basics (SOLID) within our developer workshops (used to bring new talent to the firm).
- Full stack developerButchershop Creative2015 - 2016
Technologies: Node, Express, React, Redux
- Integrated the web site with Oracle Eloqua backend.
- Integrated the web site with Drupal backend.
- Built web API for fetching custom Drupal data.
- Built web API for fetching contact/form data from Eloqua.
- Built generic React/Redux component and flow to render custom Drupal data and related contact forms.
- Full stack Rails EngineerSoma Inc. (via Toptal)2014 - 2014
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Angular, Angular UI, Sidekiq
- Helped develop declarative admin interface called Deckhand, similar to RailsAdmin but more Google like in usage, Ruby backed with Angular on the front end.
- Helped untangle largely coupled business logic. e.g. for various billing and shipping use cases, and separate it in distinct concerns, easier to compose and test.
- Reorganized and fixed a large portion of specs, made them faster by skipping database calls where not needed.
- Decoupled several background jobs from ActiveModel into Whisper gem's style of publish/subscribe model, helped with decoupling logic from models.
- Generally worked on improving business cases, whether by adding new features or updating the existing ones to match the changing business needs more closely.
- Senior RoR DeveloperHootRecruit (via Toptal)2014 - 2014
- Integrated with FullContact API for both live and background contact importing, respecting request rate limits.
- Reorganized and made deploy process simpler, allowing for sandbox and production deployments on the same target server.
- Fixed various UI issues related to displaying on various mobile devices, and Twitter Bootstrapped the remaining pages.
- Added support for indexing and full text search of uploaded candidate's resumes (PDF and MS Word) along with other candidate data.
- Exposed API for resolving contact details given an email, integrates with FullContact API, used on UI to fill data for manually entered contacts.
- Analyst, System IntegratorQiQo d.o.o.2003 - 2010
- Incorporated the company's ERP solution into the client's business process.
- Lead various efforts to create custom modules for the ERP product, e.g. for newspaper publishing, textile industry etc.
- Gathered and analysed client requirements, created solutions within the given ERP product.
- Educated various teams at the client's site, to work with ERP and presented solutions.
- Created design templates for various ERP components.
- Lead developer, System EngineerGrad d.o.o1998 - 2003
Technologies: Visual Basic, MS SQL
- Created reusable framework for dynamic addition of custom medical documents to the system; important because most doctors have their own idea about how to handle and write patient documentation.
- Created packaging and distribution tools and procedures to speed up deployment of new versions and fixes; also enabled seamless deployment (users not interrupted in their work).
- Integrated the product (medical system) into a number of hospitals; migrating existing data and flows and developing the missing functionalities.
- Created a reusable framework for administration, e.g. registering new document types; enabled fast addition of new data types to the UI.
- Worked on various stand alone (not incorporated into the main product) but medically related products.