Verified Expert in Engineering
Vasilis is a front-end expert who specializes in React development. He strives to provide the best user experience through pixel-perfect, accessible, and fast user interfaces. He has worked at a startup, digital agencies, and ASOS, a company with a £4 billion revenue and millions of page views per hour. Vasilis is a proficient developer who can work effectively with other developers, designers, and product managers while mentoring others.
The most amazing...
...achievement I've accomplished was leading the front-end development of ASOS' customer care pages, reducing customer service calls and lowering costs.
Senior Web Engineer
- Developed web apps like Model Scout that helped streamline the process of hiring models and reduce costs while working on ASOS' content platform team, one of Europe's largest eCommerce companies.
- Developed the MVP and contributed to the creation of Collusion.com, which increased brand awareness.
- Led the front-end team that developed ASOS' new customer care pages, reducing customer service calls and costs.
- Ran a React workshop that helped junior and mid-level web engineers learn the library's basics and how to test components.
- Built the RSFT (Right Site First Time modal) that helped users redirect to the correct site and increased conversion as a web team member.
- Developed the application's "My Account" web views with React and Redux to help parents manage their accounts.
- Created A/B tests that increased user conversion rates in collaboration with the marketing team.
- Redeveloped the front end of the website to match the new designs pixel-perfectly.
- Automated end-to-end testing for the website, allowing us to deploy and make changes more confidently using Chimp and Jenkins.
Front-end Web Developer
- Developed the front end for the digital agency's clients, including banks and large companies in Greece that receive hundreds of thousands of page views per day.
- Built the front end of the Aegean Airlines website, which Sitecore awarded as "Site of the Year" and “Best use of Content Management" in Southern Europe. I also made the website WCAG 2.0-compliant to improve keyboard users' experience.
- Contributed to and developed the front end for many Greek companies' websites, including protothema.gr, novasports.gr, factoryoutlet.gr, ikea.gr, and international companies like Heineken, Vodafone, and Links of London.
Front-end Web Developer
- Developed weekly HTML newsletters for approximately 400,000 subscribers.
- Improved the user experience of approximately 1,000 active visitors through my improvements to the website.
- Owned the development of mini-site one-page campaigns that helped promote seasonal offers and increase sales for the company.
Web Developer (Intern)
- Oversaw the front and back end of the company's live site. I also developed new features on the production website to make it easier for users to use our linguistic services.
- Developed www.el-forces.com, a side project of the company that helps retired army personnel connect and share services.
- Resolved hardware and software problems of colleagues at the office and sometimes during live seminars the company offered to clients.
ASOS Customer Care Pageshttps://www.asos.com/customer-care/
With the website's help, the brand increased its awareness of Generation Z–the target audience–and boosted sales for the business.
The website was also compliant with WCAG 2.0 guidelines, which helped users, especially those who use keyboards, navigate.
Aegean Airlines won the Sitecore Award for "Best Site of the Year" and "Best Use of Content Management" for this project. More information about this award can be found at http://www.sitecore.com/company/news-events/press-releases/2016/11/aegean-airlines-wins-site-of-the-year/.
With this newly redesigned portal, the user experience has been improved.
Location Saver | A Personal React Native Projecthttps://github.com/vaskort/location-saver
It was previously published on Google Play, but the code is still available in the above-mentioned GitHub link.
Find Your Bus Station in London | A Personal AngularJS Projecthttp://vaskort.com/geocoding-api-web-app/
The code is available at https://github.com/vaskort/geocoding-api-web-app
Weather App | A Personal React and Redux Project
The code is available at https://github.com/vaskort/weather-app.
Souther Marsh Collection Web Accessibility Improvementshttps://southernmarsh.com/
During my review of web accessibility requirements, I refactored any CSS code to reduce its size, and the Shopify templates were updated or refactored so that I could develop accessibility requirements.
I improved all pages to 100% web accessibility based on the Google Chrome audit.
Suits & Sandalshttp://www.suits-sandals.com/
As a result of my proactive approach to providing feedback about the designs, the UI across the web application became more consistent.
One-hour User Research for an AI Companyhttps://octoml.ai/
Redux, Bootstrap, Jest, Next.js, Foundation CSS, Tailwind CSS, Material UI, React Native, Angular, Electron
React, jQuery, Node.js, Google Maps API, Immutable.js, REST APIs, Playwright, Liquid, Shopify API
Git, Redux Thunk, PostCSS, Webpack, Photoshop CC
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, New Relic, WordPress, Azure, Shopify, iOS
UI Development, Responsive Email Templates, Cross-browser Compatibility, WCAG 2, Web Accessibility, Axios, Information Technology, Computer Science, Enzyme, HTML Email, CSS3 Animation, Interactive UI, Web UI, Pixel Perfect, Accessibility, Front-end, Ajax, QA Testing, APIs, Full-stack, Web Development, Strapi, Algorithms, Sitecore, Music, Startups, Entrepreneurship, User Interface (UI), OpenAI GPT-3 API
MongoDB, Google Cloud
Diploma in Music
University of West London - London, United Kingdom
Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology
Technological Education Institute of Thessaloniki - Thessaloniki, Greece
New Relic Certified Performance Pro
New Relic University
Design Strategy: Design Thinking for Business Strategy and Entrepreneurship
Exam 532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring