Senior Software Developer2015 - PRESENTHackerRank
- Designed and Implemented HackerRank Jobs as an individual microservice.
- Managed scaling as the HackerRank community grew 5x from less than a million developers to 7+ million developers (Adding DB indexes, rewriting various APIs, identifying slow queries, adding autoscaling rules).
- Built and dockerized a service which is used to generate test reports and pdfs. Used this to generate HTML for Google bot.
- Managed mail system, scaled it to support 1+ million emails a day, built tools to easily A/B test on different cohorts.
- Built contest where developers around the world can code and compete simultaneously and can view their live ranks on the leaderboard.
- Built tools/pipeline to make Hackerrank GDPR compliant.
- Built the challenge recommendation engine of HackerRank using item-item collaborative filtering.
- Built the initial analytics of HackerRank pipeline using MongoDb and Redshift.