Verified Expert in Engineering
Vedansh is a senior software engineer at HackerRank and has 5+ years of experience in writing scalable, maintainable code in Rails and Python. He has built apps that are being used by 9 million+ developers around the world. He strongly believes in test-driven development (TDD) and communicates really well, and has worked with teams of different sizes across the globe. Vedansh also comes with a strong background in freelancing with various startups in the valley.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Eclipse, Git, MacOS
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is building HackerRank Jobs as a microservice and scaling it to be used by millions of developers.
CEO | CTO
- Built and launched the world's largest boot camp with 15K+ Users.
- Built automated assignments, assessments, and reviews, bringing down a typical boot camp cost from a range of $30,000-$10,000 to $10, a 1000x cost leverage.
- Built integrations with Discord to launch peer learning. This feature led to our Discord getting increased activity of 30 thousand voice minutes every day and becoming one of the most active servers.
- Created a virtual college by launching user profiles, Code Sandboxes, and a leaderboard with over 200 problems and projects.
Ruby on Rails Developer
Casper Sleep Inc - Main
- Managed the fulfillment service of an eCommerce giant, with thousands of warehouses and inventories located in over two countries.
- Built an EDI microservice to manage eCommerce transactions between different large eCommerce platforms.
- Improved customer bug tracking to auto-resolve for common data issues. Improved the NPS score and reduced the bug frequency by 72%.
Senior Software Developer
- Led a team of five developers to scale HackerRank's community from 500K developers to 10M+ developers. Added DB indexes, rewrote various APIs, identified slow queries, and added autoscaling rules.
- Migrated HackerRank monolith from Rails 4 to Rails 5. Migrated two separate microservices from rails 5.0 to rails 6.0.
- Managed the mail system of HackerRank: scaled it to support 10+ million emails a day, built tools to easily A/B test on different cohorts, and reduced massive costs.
- Led the development of HackerRank Jobs Microservice, which powers the entire sourcing experience of 10 million candidates and thousands of recruiters.
- Built the skills microservice from scratch, which maps every action in HackerRank to a skill. Deployed the entire service in two weeks; it serves an average of 1 million actions every day.
- Created a challenge recommendation engine for HackerRank using item-item collaborative filtering to provide all challenge recommendations, which increased retention by 20%.
- Built HackerRank contests, where developers worldwide can code and compete simultaneously and view their live ranks on the leaderboard.
- Developed tools and pipelines to make HackerRank GDPR compliant. Built the initial analytics of the HackerRank pipeline using MongoDB and Redshift with 10-100 million events a day.
Volunteer at NavGurukulhttp://navgurukul.org
I mentored 80+ students In algorithms and web development, built their content platform and designed and created content that can be consumed effortlessly by high schoolers.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Django, Django REST Framework, Serverless Framework, Vanilla JS, Tailwind CSS, Ruby on Rails 4, Express.js, Angular, Next.js, React Native
Backbone.js, API Development, JSON API, React, REST APIs, Resque, Sidekiq, Node.js, Stripe Connect, Vue, Devise, jQuery, Google APIs, Facebook API, Shopify API, D3.js, SendGrid API
Git, RabbitMQ, NGINX, Ansible, Mailchimp, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Balsamiq, Celery, CircleCI, Jenkins, GitHub, IntelliJ IDEA, Visual Studio, Auth0, AWS CloudFormation, Amazon EKS, RSpec, Sublime Text
Agile, Test-driven Development (TDD), Microservices Architecture, Microservices, API Architecture, Responsive Layout, Application Architecture, DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI), Back-end Architecture, Data Science, Database Design, B2B, Agile Project Management, Automation, Enterprise Application Architecture, Azure DevOps, RESTful Development, Agile Software Development, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), MVC Design, Mobile Development
Docker, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, Twilio, Ubuntu, Amazon EC2, Firebase, New Relic, Heroku, Azure, AWS Lambda, Shopify, MuleSoft, Mandrill, DigitalOcean, MacOS, Eclipse, Sideqik, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Contentful
MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcached, Elasticsearch, Database Migration, Databases, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MongoDB
Project Management, Accounting
Architecture, Technical Hiring, Code Review, Source Code Review, Task Analysis, Interviewing, APIs, Full-stack, Team Management, Code Auditing, Discord Bots, Integration, CTO, A/B Testing, Landing Pages, Technical Leadership, Web Development, Scalable Architecture, Software Design, Discord, Scraping, Back-end Development, API Integration, Creative Problem Solving, Front-end, Back-end, App Integration, System Architecture Design, Technical Architecture, CI/CD Pipelines, Amazon RDS, SaaS, Business to Business (B2B), Telephony, MVC Frameworks, Web Scraping, Startups, RESTful Web Services, Project Management & Work Tracking Tools, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Data Scraping, IT Project Management, Cloud Architecture, IT, Communication, Full-stack Development, Software Troubleshooting, Project Scoping, Mentorship, Software Development Management, Engineering, Delivery Management, eCommerce, Engineering Management, People Management, Algorithms, Data Structures, Software Development, Optimization, Cloud, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Cloud Infrastructure, Product Management, Web Platforms, Software Architecture, CSV File Processing, Performance, Plugins, Lambda Functions, Exports, Machine Learning, OpenAI API, Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise, Calendars, DocuSign, Oracle Fusion Applications, Distributed Systems, Leadership, Stripe Payments, Dry-rb, Data Processing, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Accounting Software, Solution Architecture, Data Engineering, Data Visualization, Scalability, OAuth, Remote Work
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
KIET - India