Verified Expert in Engineering
Slack, Git, WebStorm, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed was a custom shopping cart system for a large eCommerce website, improving their checkout process and increasing conversions.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Developed and deployed a mobile eCommerce application using React Native and published it in Android and iOS stores.
- Developed a highly available eCommerce web application with React and deployed it with a serverless architecture.
- Optimized the loading time of the web application (mobile version) by implementing lazy loading and code splitting to improve performance.
- Improved the app's accessibility by implementing accessibility features using React Native Accessibility API, resulting in a 15% increase in users with accessibility needs.
- Implemented new features and improved existing functionalities by proactively analyzing customer needs and feedback.
- Developed analytics and tracking using React Native Firebase, which helped the company to optimize the app's performance and improve user engagement.
Mobile App Developer
Queen Rania Foundation
- Developed and maintained a mobile app for a nonprofit educational institution, improving communication and engagement with students and educators.
- Created and maintained a system for push notifications, allowing the institution to send important updates and reminders to students.
- Optimized the app for performance and user experience on various devices, resulting in a 30% increase in usage.
- Implemented and maintained a system for tracking app usage and performance, allowing the institution to make data-driven decisions about app development.
Parlay App, Inc.
- Created custom integrations with third-party APIs using Google Cloud Functions, improving data exchange between systems.
- Implemented cloud functions to synchronize data across Firebase and Firestore databases.
- Configured Firestore triggers to process the data as it is updated and inserted into the database.
- Collaborated with the front-end development team to create seamless integrations between the back-end system and the user interface.
- Used React.js to rapidly build an iOS application along with Firebase authentication to integrate Google, Facebook, and email-based logins.
- Created a back-end API server using Node.js, MySQL, and Firebase to drive the content to the app.
- Developed a chat feature using Socket.IO with React Native to connect to a back-end Node.js server to facilitate real-time chats.
- Constructed a web app using React and Redux that serves as an admin dashboard.
- Deployed an API service and admin dashboard in AWS.
Private Client (via Toptal)
- Created a mobile application for a large shopping website using React Native with CodePush for OTA.
- Converted an existing web app to a mobile application.
- Implemented the Stripe payment system for processing in-app payments.
- Automated and streamlined the release management via Fastlane.
- Implemented automated testing for mobile applications using Jest and Appium.
- Established automated crash reporting and in-app feedback reporting for continuous bug fixes.
Lead Node.js Developer
- Designed and developed a REST API using Node.js and DynamoDB.
- Integrated a business-critical payment system using Stripe.
- Implemented TDD and created a testing module to perform integration testing and stress testing.
- Used a serverless architecture for the implementation of microservices and deployed it using AWS Lambda functions.
- Collaborated closely with mobile app development teams to align API functionality.
- Assisted the back-end team to optimize the code for performance effectively.
- Integrated AWS SNS, SES, Twillio, and SendGrip for email and SMS communications.
- Used Branch.io to create deep links for mobile applications using Node.js.
- Created microservices for handling OTA updates for IoT firmware.
- Implemented an OAuth authentication system using Node.js and JWT.
- Performed integration and stress testing using libraries in Node.js.
Mobile and Web App to Connect Stylists and Users
I figured out what we needed for a mobile app, a secure back-end server, and an admin dashboard with these requirements. Being a full-stack developer, I created the overall plan and built the API, chat sockets, mobile app, and web dashboard.
There were challenges in integrating and testing all modules. I also wrote automated tests to make the modules predictable.
The overall project was built and published in less than three months.
Next.js SSR Streaminghttps://nextjs-ssr-streaming.vercel.app/
Mobile Application for a Shopping Websitehttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.desertcartnative
I converted the design into Sketch and built it in React Native app components.
There were challenges in tracking bugs and user feedback. I also integrated support libraries to get input from the client within the app.
The challenging part was converting the local unorganized database to an online full-text searchable database.
API for a Polling App
My role was to select the best technologies to implement the app. I focused on libraries that are easy to scale and fast to develop.
The client was expecting a large amount of traffic right from the beginning. I used a microservice-based back end to allow us to scale for large traffic.
Learning Mobile App
With an existing back-end REST API, I integrated them to fetch learning module data customized to the end-user.
It was challenging to make the app look the same on Android and iOS because of the highly customized designs.
Jest, Redux, React Native, Bootstrap 3, Express.js, Appium, Next.js, Svelte, Bootstrap, Tailwind CSS
React, REST APIs, Node.js, Redux-Saga, PayPal API, Socket.IO, jQuery, Stripe API, Restify, Flexbox, Firebase Web SDK
Redux Thunk, GitHub, Git, WebStorm, Photoshop CS6, GitLab, Postman, SourceTree, Mocha, Instabug, Figma, Webpack, Babel, Slack, NGINX, Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Fastlane, Sketch
Firebase, Linux, MacOS, Algolia, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Joomla, AWS Lambda, Docker, Vercel
Full-stack, Responsive Web Apps, Back-end Development, Ajax, MERN Stack, Integration Testing, Slack App, OAuth, WebSockets, Firebase Cloud Functions, Zeplin to HTML, APIs, Dashboards, Back-end, Business Administration, Computer Science, Server-side Rendering (SSR)
RESTful Development, Test-driven Development (TDD), REST, Unit Testing, Stress Testing, Microservices Architecture, Functional Programming, Agile Software Development, Serverless Architecture, Back-end Architecture
NoSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon DynamoDB, Cloud Firestore, Elasticsearch, JSON, Realm, Redis, Neo4j
Master's Degree in Business Administration
Pondicherry University - Pondicherry, India
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Madras - Chennai, India