Software Developer2017 - 2018Private Client
- Created a mobile application for a large shopping website.
- Converted an existing web app to a mobile application.
- Implemented the Stripe payment system for processing in-app payments.
- Automated the release management via Fastlane.
- Implemented automated testing for mobile application using Jest and Appium.
- Implemented automated crash reporting and in-app feedback reporting for continuous bug fixes.
Lead Node.js Developer2016 - 2017Multiple Clients
- Designed and developed a REST API using Node.js and DynamoDB.
- Integrated a business critical payment system using Stripe.
- Implemented TDD and created a testing module to perform integration testing and stress testing.
- Used serverless architecture for the implementation of microservices and deployed it using AWS Lambda functions.
- Worked closely with mobile app development teams to align API functionality.
- Assisted the back-end team to effectively optimize the code for performance.
- Integrated AWS SNS, SES, Twillio, and SendGrip for email and SMS communications.
- Used Branch.io for creating deep links for mobile applications using Node.js.
IoT Platform Tester2015 - 2016Intel
- Worked with the design team to frame user stories, requirements, and test cases.
- Developed health check systems to verify the API functionality in production.
- Automated deployments using shell scripts and worked closely with DevOps engineers to set up stacks.
Node.js Developer2014 - 2015Aricent
Technologies: Node.js, DynamoDB
- Created microservices for handling OTA updates for IoT firmware.
- Implemented an OAuth authentication system using Node.js and JWT.
- Performed integration and stress testing using libraries in Node.js.
Web Developer2012 - 2014FactEntry
- Added new features to a back-end heavy, real-time web application and was involved in TDD model development.
PHP Developer2011 - 2012WHMBILL
- Coded a critical billing management application for hosting providers using PHP.
- Used automation scripts to generate invoices.
- Seamlessly integrated a billing system with cPanel/WHM for automated account provisioning.
- Integrated more than 12 payment processors with all the security aspects.
- Created a licensing module for automated provisioning of licenses for the application after purchase.
- Mobile Application for a Shopping Website (Development)https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.desertcartnative
For the project, I developed a mobile app for a shopping website that has a large user base. The client wanted to create the app in iOS and Android simultaneously. We chose React Native to achieve it.
I converted the design in Sketch and built it in React Native app components.
There were challenges in tracking bugs and user's feedback. We integrated support libraries to get input from the client within the app.
- User Dashboard (Development)
The project is to create a customer self-service portal for car servicing. The client wanted to allow the customers to signup with their phone number and check their car service details.
The challenging part was converting the local unorganized database to an online full-text searchable database.
- API for a Polling App (Development)
I worked with a team of software developers to create APIs for polling app. The client wanted to release the app for mobile as well as web.
My role was to select the best technologies to implement it. I focused on libraries that are easy to scale and fast to develop.
The client was expecting a large amount of traffic right from the beginning. I used a microservice-based back-end to allow us to scale for large traffic.
- Implementing Serverless Node.js Functions Using Google Cloud (Publication)Serverless computing is an architecture style in which the code is executed in a cloud platform where we don’t need to worry about the hardware and software setup, security, performance, and CPU idle time costs. It's an advancement of cloud computing that goes beyond infrastructure that abstracts the software environment as well. It means no configuration is required to run the code.
FrameworksJest, Redux, React Native, Bootstrap 3, Express.js, Appium
Libraries/APIsReact, REST APIs, Node.js, Redux-saga, PayPal API, Socket.IO, jQuery, Stripe API, Restify, Flexbox
ToolsRedux Thunk, Git, WebStorm, Photoshop CS6, GitLab, Postman, SourceTree, Mocha, Instabug, Nginx, AWS SES, AWS Push Notification Service (AWS SNS), Fastlane, Sketch
OtherFull-stack, Integration Testing, ShellScript
ParadigmsTest-driven Development (TDD), REST, Unit Testing, Stress Testing, Microservices Architecture, Functional Programming, Agile Software Development, Serverless Architecture
PlatformsLinux, MacOS, Algolia, Joomla
StorageNoSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, AWS S3, AWS DynamoDB, Realm Database, Redis
- Master's degree in Business Administration2015 - 2017Pondicherry University - Pondicherry, India
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2009 - 2012University of Madras - Chennai, India