Verified Expert in Engineering
DevOps Engineer and Software Developer
Vishal is a DevOps and Kubernetes architect with over four years of experience designing, implementing, and managing production-ready Kubernetes infrastructure and its cloud-native tools in hybrid environments. He has worked on setting up Infrastructure as code and CI/CD process baselines and helped in organization-wide adaptation.
Kubernetes, Linux, Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL), Docker, Azure, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
The most amazing...
...achievement I’ve had is learning new DevOps tools and Kubernetes-related concepts, achieving all three certifications of Kubernetes in a short period.
Senior DevOps | Kubernetes Architect and Engineer
- Handled the managed cloud and Kubernetes on-prem infrastructure. Acted as a Kubernetes architect and trainer. Trained the Linux administrator team for Kubernetes and OpenShift applications and made them ready to offer Kubernetes support to their clients.
- Worked in the government sector. Automated on-premise Kubernetes infrastructure using a Terraform and GitLab pipeline. Architected an Azure Kubernetes infrastructure using IaC practices per the enterprise’s landing zone practices.
- Introduced DevOps practices to many developers using a knowledge base, local Docker/Kubernetes/Kind environment, and Skaffold tool and focused on software development to increase frequent software releases.
Google Cloud Platform Engineer
Priceline - GCP
- Wrote Python script to generate a multi-cluster manifest of Cloudability and New Relic and encrypted secrets using sops.
- Investigated and debugged pod and node scaling, pod disruption, and budget-related issues to minimize business impact from unavailable applications when performing lifecycle management of GKE or related cloud-native tools.
- Enabled webhook admission controller to forcefully apply and mutate limits to manifest new workloads, including renewing certificate pairs. Suggested patterns to automate this process by using a cert-manager.
Kubernetes Infrastructure on Premises | Cloud Agnostic Bare-metal
It can also be deployed in the air gap zone when the container images are imported to the registry successfully.
Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Helm, Grafana, Apache, Terraform, Git, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR), Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), GitLab CI/CD, Jenkins, Vagrant, GitLab, GitHub, Jira, HashiCorp, Splunk, Ansible, Istio, ELK (Elastic Stack), Azure Key Vault, Docker Compose, Azure Network Security Groups, Confluence, Artifactory, Amazon EKS, AWS IAM, Sentinel, SonarQube, Systemd, VPN, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), AWS CloudFormation, Kibana, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), CircleCI, Kong
DevOps, Azure DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Management, Microservices, Microservices Architecture, DevSecOps, Continuous Development (CD), DDoS
Kubernetes, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), DigitalOcean, Ubuntu, OpenShift, Linux, Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Rancher, New Relic, Amazon EC2, OpenStack, Apache Kafka
Task Analysis, High-availability Systems, DevOps Engineer, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Solution Architecture, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Containers, Infrastructure, CI/CD Pipelines, Cloud, Cloud Computing, Microsoft Azure, Scripting, Cloud Infrastructure, Pipelines, Technical Hiring, Source Code Review, Interviewing, APIs, Back-end, Load Balancers, Azure Resource Manager (ARM), API Management, Cloudflare, Containerization, Amazon API Gateway, Site Reliability, GitOps, Cloud Security, IT Support, Kubernetes HPA, Prometheus, GitHub Actions, Service Meshes, DNS Debugging, Shell Scripting, Azure Virtual Networks, Cost Reduction & Optimization, ECS, Scalability, Orchestration, IaaS, Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL), Virtualization, Kubernetes Operations (kOps), Linux Administration, Vulnerability Management, Vulnerability Identification, AWS DevOps, Architecture, Hypervisors, Networking, Team Leadership, Linux Server Administration, High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR), Hardware Security Modules (HSMs), HSM
Python, YAML, Markdown, Bash
Flux, OAuth 2
Azure API Management, Terragrunt
Azure Blobs, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Datadog, Elasticsearch
Master’s Degree in Electrical and Computer
Carleton University - Ottawa, Canada
Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist
The Linux Foundation
Certified Kubernetes Application Developer
The Linux Foundations
Certified Kubernetes Administrator
The Linux Foundations