Verified Expert in Engineering
Along with having a skillset in DevOps and superb communication skills, Volodymyr possesses extensive experience in full-stack development as a software engineer, tech lead, and solution architect. He's worked in the field since 2005 for successful startups and big enterprises. Volodymyr typically develops the back end on Java and Node.js and the front end on React, Angular, and Vue.js.
GitLab, Mercurial, Git, IntelliJ IDEA, Linux Mint
The most amazing...
...things I've done was as a developer made a crucial impact on a startup’s success which disrupted the hospitality industry and raised $40 million.
CML Team Ltd
- Established the company's technology vision, strategies, and growth plans.
- Defined the hiring strategy and practices. Interviewed candidates.
- Established an engineering roadmap for the company and ensured it could sustain its business plans.
- Introduced development practices and standards. Set up supervising and quality assurance processes.
- Mentored engineers to support their career development plans.
- Spearheaded multiple clients' projects as a software consultant.
- Provided the client with a full-functional back-end engine, smoothly integrated with rich front-end endpoints.
- Implemented features including tax report fees calculation for different operations (trades, deposits, withdrawals) and coverage of the most frequent crypto assets use cases (stacking, lending, ICO, hard-fork).
- Ensured that the first release of the production application went smoothly.
- Developed several new features for the client and maintained the production application and infrastructure.
- Built a mobile app on the Flutter framework, which is currently at the testing stage.
- Built a solution that allows one to gather events from all sources in one place.
- Implemented automatic actions (event addition, update, deactivation, de-duplication) as well as manual editing/adding by the event manager.
- Integrated different NLP third-party engines such as IBM Watson API and Alexa Skills Kit.
- Participated with a sales team in presenting this product at StepConference in Dubai.
- Led and mentored other developers on the project.
Senior Software Engineer | Tech Lead
- Implemented a user web interface based on AngularJS and RESTful services and the server back-end logic (Grails controllers/services). Developed a mob app using Ionic and image manipulation functionality (uploading, resizing, storing, serving).
- Designed the database structure, optimized SQL queries, and tuned the database set up and caching.
- Implemented integrations with dozens of third-party systems like PMS, Twilio, HotSOS, bttn, ExaVault, IMAP, Mixpanel, New Relic, etc.
- Implemented a microservice for PDF printing and image processing functionality.
- Developed advanced centralized systems logging based on the ELK stack.
- Created a full-text search subsystem based on Elasticsearch cloud.
- Optimized system performance (Groovy, Java, SQL). Worked closely with the DevOps team.
Senior Software Engineer | Tech Lead
- Worked on a number of Starpoint Solutions clients' projects.
- Started as a software engineer and eventually reached the tech lead position with mission-critical responsibilities.
- Led and mentored other developers on various projects.
- Promoted best practices of code review and pair-programming processes.
- Helped the pre-sales teams with estimates and project evaluations.
• ALICE is a mobile-first global hospitality operations platform that is re-inventing how businesses can use cloud technology to improve their customer service.
• In an industry of fragmented solutions, ALICE provides a streamlined platform to serve the needs of staff, guests, and management in one front-of-house and back-of-house system.
• It is a US-based company that offers a cloud hotel concierge service for more than 2,000 hotels around the globe.
• Did the core development of the ALICE platform.
• Worked there from the beginning until the startup passed the Series B stage with $40 million in investment raised.
A Review of My Work From the ALICE Platform Foundershttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBSFYYhJ83g
• CryptoTax.io is a Munich-based startup offering a sophisticated taxation platform for crypto investors and crypto traders.
• It is a B2C web and mobile solution that will ease the process of tax reports for crypto-asset holders and traders.
• It is a complex system that allows a user to aggregate their trading data from multiple accounts on multiple exchanges and create tax reports according to the laws of Germany and Switzerland.
Party Bunny Chatbothttps://m.me/partybunny
• Party Bunny is a Facebook chatbot: a platform for managing entertainment events.
• It provides the list of the parties and geolocation for tonight, tomorrow, and the whole week ahead.
• Currently, Party Bunny has a nightlife calendar for Dubai and Bangkok.
• Provided a solution to gather all events from all sources in one place.
• Enabled automatic functions (event addition, update, deactivation, de-duplication) and manual editing/adding by the event manager.
• Developed a solution that provides a list of events with special offers, a detailed description, source links, geolocation, and offers the ability to call the venue right away.
Digital Archive for Yale University Presshttps://www.stalindigitalarchive.com/
• Designed and developed a social-educational website to provide access to Stalin Digital Archive's corpus to students and other interested parties (through subscriptions).
• Dealt with the archive appropriately as it consisted of a large number of XML files with data (digitized books, letters, and so on) along with the metadata and many images.
• Enabled user-friendly access to all of this information through the Stalin Digital Archive website. Users needed the ability to navigate, search, discuss, bookmark, and go through all documents in the archive.
• Implemented the front end on top of PHP and Drupal CMS as many custom Drupal modules.
• Created a Java web start application for importing (synchronizing) archive content to the site database.
IBRF ProtoTracker | Medical App
InstiHire | Salesforce Automation Platformhttps://ih-devops.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
• Developed and maintained a web-based contact-management system for Salesforce automation based on Java technologies.
• Designed the database structure, optimized SQL queries, and tuned the database set up and caching.
• Deployed the application logic using Spring Framework.
• Integrated the application with MS Exchange Server.
• Built the full-text-search functions of the system based on the Apache Lucene library.
• Unit-tested the application code.
• Participated in migrating the application from SQL Server to a PostgreSQL database.
Westcon | eCommerce Websitehttps://www.westconcomstor.com/
Technologies: ASP.NET Framework, MS SQL Server, Microsoft Commerce Server.
Spring Boot, Redux, Spring, AngularJS, Grails, Hibernate, Angular, Ionic, Bootstrap, Swing, Flutter, ASP.NET
React, RxJS, jQuery, Facebook Messenger API, Node.js, Vue, Facebook Open Graph API
Git, IntelliJ IDEA, ELK (Elastic Stack), Kibana, Bamboo, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, RabbitMQ, Rundeck, Mercurial, GitLab, Apache Maven, IBM Watson, Actions on Google, JVisualVM, Sencha UI
Agile Software Development, Concurrent Programming, DevOps, ETL, REST
Linux Mint, DigitalOcean, Ethereum, Twilio, Mixpanel, Amazon Alexa, New Relic, Rackspace, Web, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Elasticsearch, Redshift, Sphinx Search Engine, MongoDB, SQL Server 2008
WebSockets, RESTful Services, AWS DevOps, Telegram Bots, WebLogic, Ethereum Smart Contracts, Apache FOP, GlassFish, CI/CD Pipelines, Web Scraping
Master of Science (MSc) Degree in Applied Mathematics and Physics
Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology - Dolgoprudny, Russia