Verified Expert in Engineering
Yerlan is a talented full-stack engineer with front- and back-end project experience. He has four years of experience in software engineering, using React and Node.js with TypeScript to build web applications. Besides being proficient in different technologies, programming languages, and frameworks, Yerlan has experience leading teams and conducting code and design reviews. He always strives to provide high-quality solutions, driving business value while complying with code best practices.
The most amazing...
...project I've implemented included core functionalities of a content-sharing platform with React and Node.js that helped to raise a $100,000 investment.
Liven Pty Ltd
- Engineered the analytics page from front to back, enabling users to track vital metrics such as page impressions and CTA clicks. This improved data transparency for over 1,000 users.
- Sustained three essential apps over 12 months by addressing bugs, refactoring legacy code, and introducing new features: nomnie.com's Vue client app, app.nomnie.com's React website builder, and a back-end application.
- Demonstrated initiative by devising prompt and precise system design solutions for a complex system involving 70+ database tables, reducing system complexity and improving maintenance efficiency.
- Enhanced the performance of app.nomnie.com by reducing page load time by approximately 20% through meticulous inspection and optimization of function calls and server requests.
- Built a campaign management system for Bcc.kz using React and TypeScript. Used the Ant Design system to save time and money for the business. Suggested and created dashboards with recharts for analyzing campaign executions.
- Provided support to back-end engineers with the database and API design. Reviewed designs and provided feedback to improve UX solutions.
- Decoupled tasks for sprint and estimated project deadlines. Conducted code reviews and provided mentorship to junior developers.
- Wrote end-to-end and unit tests with Cypress.io, Mocha, and Jest. Set up CI/CD pipelines on GitLab.
- Achieved high-performance velocity with the Scrum and Agile methodology, weekly using the Atlassian stack with Jira and Confluence.
- Improved a browser used by approximately 12 million users daily by fixing bugs and optimizing existing functionality.
- Suggested and implemented the solution to deal with a flaky test by re-running them one by one, which decreased build failure at CI by 50%.
- Implemented Gulp tasks to speed up builds and development processes.
- Progressed to a middle-level position after the internship.
- Developed a website with React and TypeScript for one of Kazakhstan's biggest mobile network operators. Implemented eShop-related functionalities, such as buying, reserving, changing the number, etc.
- Made the website accessible for different devices, such as screen readers and keyboards with headless UI and React Aria. Handled the website localization in three languages: Kazakh, Russian, and English with i18n.
- Reviewed designs and provided feedback to improve UI and UX solutions.
- Worked with the Atlassian stack to track the working progress using Jira and Confluence.
- Collaborated with designers and implemented pixel-perfect reusable UI components on React.
- Developed a GraphQL API using a high-quality API system design with Node.js and the Apollo server.
- Maintained code quality via scrupulous code reviews on GitLab.
Kaspi Bank JSC
- Built the prototype and tested speaker verification (SV), text-independent speaker verification (TI-SV), and text-dependent speaker verification (TD-SV) systems.
- Developed APIs for a face recognition system to test and qualify images.
- Implemented internal tools to speed up development and research processes.
Tele2 | Altelhttps://tele2.kz
Developed two different front-end modules with shared custom UI components:
1. Landing and test functionality for users
2. Admin panel for managing orders
On this project, I was a full-stack developer working with Node.js and React. My work included implementing core features like video uploads, commenting, liking, and more, which helped the startup raise a $100,000 investment. I also reviewed the code of other developers.
SDUDent Telegram Bot
Campaign Management System
My role in this project was as a lead front-end developer, and I implemented all the core features and divided them by roles. I also created dashboards to visualize data about campaign executions and failures. In addition, I covered the code with E2E tests and integrated them into CI/CD pipelines; I also reviewed code and mentored junior developers. I also actively communicated with the back-end team and discussed database and API designs. On a final note, I achieved a high level of code cleanliness by using TypeScript in combination with a feature-sliced methodology.
I worked as a full-stack developer on this project and used React for the front end and Node.js for the back end. I created a full-featured front end with three different roles and permissions. I also designed the database relations and REST API endpoints.
Tailwind CSS, Next.js, Redux, Material UI, Cypress, Ant Design, Jest, Express.js, Flask, Relay, Django
React, Node.js, Antd, React Redux, REST APIs, React Router, Vue, Socket.IO
REST, Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Authentication, User Authentication, User Interface (UI), Styled-components, Algorithms, CI/CD Pipelines, Front-end, Middleware, Mobile First, Speech to Text, Apollo Server, Full-stack, WebSockets
PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Hasura
Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Suleyman Demirel University - Almaty, Kazakhstan
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring