Yonatan has been developing web applications for more than 12 years. He focuses on developing apps with the best user experience, using advanced front-end web technologies and scalable distributed back ends. Yonatan believes that an app should feel intuitive to the user, secure, fast, and easy to scale and change.
Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), React, Node.js, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, Angular
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed was a platform for municipalities, providing them insights on their city and residents using AI.
Open Source Lead Maintainer
- Took an old open-source code, refactored and updated it to be scalable and feature-rich, to provide analytics data for GLAMs (galleries, libraries, archives, and museums) on their contribution to Wikimedia Commons.
- Built a system for digesting gigabytes of analytics data from Wikimedia to filter and present for GLAM institutions worldwide.
- Led the next version of the project, including client interviews, system design, and working with external UI/UX designers for a face lift.
Tech Lead and Instructor
ITC - Israel Tech Challange
- Led the technical and educational team of the full-stack bootcamp.
- Oversaw the curriculum, lectures, teachers, and TAs.
- Taught hundreds of students to become full-stack developers that now work for leading startups and companies in Israel.
Senior Back-end Developer
- Scaled a real-time virtual conference app from hundreds of active participants to 200,000.
- Reconfigured and optimized infrastructure and crucial parts of the back-end service to handle the large scale.
- Designed and performed automated tests to monitor infrastructure performance and code bottlenecks.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Developed, in a team of six, a SaaS solution for municipalities, providing them insights into their city and residents using AI.
- Used Jira for tracking and fixing bugs, tasks, and sprints.
- Developed distributed scalable systems using Docker and Kubernetes for managing deployments and RabbitMQ for communicating between services.
- Designed and built an online bouquet shop that included weekly bouquet delivery.
- Integrated an online payment system through a domestic vendor API.
- Included an order and shipment management platform for the logistics manager.
- Worked for multiple clients, domestic and international, as a CTO for hire. We designed and developed apps from scratch, on to maintaining and scaling them for our clients.
- Supervised the entire R&D team, including web front-end developers, back-end developers, iOS developers, Android developers, and designers. Managed their tasks and oversaw integration and quality.
- Managed the web front-end and back-end team, as a lead developer. Oversaw their code quality and in-work training.
- Developed a new LMS system for hybrid classrooms, allowing teachers to provide online material to their students, track their progress, and encourage online Q&A and discussions.
- Built the app from scratch, on a (then) new serverless architecture provided by AWS. Managed another developer, and was responsible for architecture design, tasks timeline, and code quality.
- Used AWS Lambda functions when it was just released, being one of the first to try and build a fully distributed serverless app.
File-based Routing for Fastify (Open Source)https://github.com/yonathan06/fastify-now
GLAM Wiki Dashboard (Open Source)http://glamwikidashboard.org
Charcha-Q&A on Top of YouTube Videoshttps://charcha.xyz
Fastify, Express.js, Next.js, Jest, Angular, React Native
React, Node.js, Web3.js, FFmpeg, Google Maps, Stripe, Handlebars, PyTorch, YouTube API, Sockets
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Firebase, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Google App Engine, Azure, Kubernetes, Amazon EC2
Google Cloud, PostgreSQL, Amazon DynamoDB, MongoDB, Google Cloud Datastore, MySQL, Cloud Firestore
Back-end, Solid.js, Serverless, Google Cloud Functions, Tauri, Team Management, Task Management, Payment APIs, Payment Security, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Pulumi
RabbitMQ, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Firebase Authentication, AWS CloudFormation
Practical Deep Learning for Coders