Partner | Tech Lead2017 - PRESENTKiwi, Inc.
Technologies: Electron, Docker, Node.js, TypeScript, HTML/CSS, React, Vue.js, Next.js, Nuxt.js, MySQL, Java/Android, Couchbase, Python, Django, Celery
- Delivered and deployed stable back-end projects handling the business logic, data syncing, and socket communication across mainland China and overseas servers (on both Aliyun and AWS); used Docker, Node.js, and TypeScript.
- Created a test-driven development workflow and CI/CD process for the entire back-end of the project.
- Delivered a 3D modeling service by using OpenDroneMap and a Panorama Stitcher service in order to process images collected via our products. It was developed by Python.
- Integrated with Altizure SDK by using GraphQL.
- Delivered the official website for our company using Next.js, and deployed it using Docker.
- Delivered a cross-platform desktop application (i.e., the Mesh Desktop) for our company, using Electron, Vue.js, Webpack, and finished the unit test as well as E2E test.
- Delivered a WebView-handling user account and privilege management using Vue.js and Webpack.
- Delivered a WeChat mini app, a UGC platform that could query and mark a no-flight zone status in mainland China.
- Delivered admin portals for several back-end projects by using Django.
- Participated in delivering the mobile application Mesh (available in Chinese App store), which contains views that are built by a light-weighted ReactNative (developed by ourselves, as mentioned in the above experience).
SDE II (Software Development Engineer II)2015 - 2017Microsoft
Technologies: TypeScript, React, Node.js, C#, SQL, .NET, HTML/CSS
- Continued working on an OfficeGroup integration with a CRM and delivered OfficeGroup's solution v1.0, v2.0, and v2.5 in Microsoft CRM.
- Acted as the owner and leader of the solution since v2.0, and handed it to vendor team after v2.5. It also became one of the most popular solutions on the CRM platform.
- Was "borrowed" by another team to work on Project TBX, a plugin on the Microsoft CRM and guarded the project till its GA.
- Contributed to the development of Unified Client for CRM, which is aiming at the OneCRM Solution and it will become the CRM unified client across different platforms and devices. This is a big milestone and refactored the entire CRM product line, and I have participated in this project since the very beginning.
- Shared knowledge with colleagues about React, TypeScript, and CSS as well as back-end development with C# and Node.js.
- Took charge of the localization and accessibility features of several projects.
- Communicated with vendors and tracked their progress and testing outcomes against an OfficeGroup integration with the CRM.
Summer Intern for the Microsoft Dynamic Office Group App2014 - 2014Microsoft
Technologies: TypeScript, React, C#, SQL, HTML/CSS, .NET, Bash Script, Python
- Built a file management system for OfficeGroup integration in a CRM.
- Joined the brainstorming, designing, and prototyping sessions with the PMs for the OfficeGroup integration.
- Designed and worked on CI/CD and tested the entire project.
- Implemented functionalities and fixed bugs in the back-end endpoints using .NET.
- Participated in the entire package and deployment workflow using Webpack and Rollup.
- Wrote helper scripts for project development and tested using Bash and Python.
- Delivered the documentation and several blog articles for internal usage.
Summer Intern for the Microsoft Dynamic Web App2013 - 2013Microsoft
Technologies: TypeScript, Knockout.js, Node.js, C#, SQL
- Worked on a Windows 8 application that would help project managers to manage projects. It shows the hierarchical tree structure of tasks in a project, along with timelines for each task in a Gantt chart view.
- Wrapped up the environment of Microsoft Dynamics AX and its business logic.
- Created a system design before coding it which ensured that my code was clean, maintainable, extendible, and reusable.
- Applied MVVM patterns by using Knockout.js in the front-end development.
- Contributed to a certain back-end endpoint design and implementation; gained practical experience with SQL and C#.