Verified Expert in Design
Angela is a product design lead with over 14 years of experience building bold digital solutions. She's designed mobile and responsive solutions and led in-house and offshore design teams for the UK and global companies such as Lloyds Banking Group, British Airways, Ocado, Thompson Reuters, and emerging startups. With an MSc in UXD, Angela has a wealth of knowledge, enabling her to turn complex design challenges into elegant solutions.
Senior Product Designer
- Designed a payment functionality within the current checkout flow for additional methods to meet customer demand.
- Redesigned the checkout experience for improved performance and improved customer satisfaction.
- Introduced the same-day click and collect purchase option and alternate delivery methods to meet customer demand.
- Provided accessibility support and instruction to improve accessibility standards across Myer digital.
Product Designer | Accessibility Consultant (Toptal Contracts)
- Undertook an accessibility compliance project for RLI insurance (USA), developed a strategy for conducting accessibility audits across their digital product suite as well as embedded accessibility processes within Agile.
- Redesigned an app for educating the underbanked on the everyday managing of their finances and improving their credit.
- Did ad hoc design for a healthcare data company's platform including a COVID-19 calculator and a health report for within a hospital setting.
Lead UX Consultant (Contract)
Lloyds Banking Group
- Led the redesign of CBO, Lloyds commercial banking platform that services over 18,000 commercial banking clients.
- Conducted accessibility audits across the platform, highlighting identified issues and providing recommended remediation.
- Researched and identified usability issues across the platform and redesigned these journeys to address those issues and improve upon the overall platform experience.
- Improved NPS scores and lowered the number of complaints and support center volume through improved user experience.
- Managed the workload of the HCD team within the lab (UX designers, UI designers, and a copywriter).
- Led the UX strategy of the commercial banking platform.
- Conducted UX research that included facilitating workshops, interviewing clients, journey mapping, tasks, models, and heuristic analysis of current journeys.
Lead UX Designer (Contract)
Lloyds Banking Group
- Redesigned a CRM application internally used by relationship managers to manage their clients (appointments, tasks, inquiries, deals, communication, and documentation) within the commercial banking team.
- Adapted the original "off-the-shelf" product to the needs of the business. Was tasked to redesign the application as a responsive MVP that was rolled out in place of the existing system on completion.
- Conducted user research, user interviews, user observation, competitor research, and a UX audit of the current solution.
- Prototyped in Axure and user-tested every few weeks with actual users in a formally facilitated user testing environment.
UX Designer (Contract)
- Created a responsive redesign for British Airways's current BA.com website to work across all platforms.
- Worked within an agile methodology; the role involved redesigning all current BA.com components and functional flows to work consistently across all salient viewport sizes.
- Conducted guerrilla-style user testing along with formally facilitated usability testing.
- Focused on ensuring that the redesign complied with WCAG 2.0's standards of accessibility.
Senior UX/UI Designer
- Designed the UX of a new education platform and CMS.
- Took into consideration the requirements of many different stakeholders and referenced other related work that was developed concurrently.
- Received usability testing and workshops feedback and applied it to high-fidelity wireframes and working prototypes.
- Designed the user interface once UX work was completed and created a style guide to hand over for the future build.
Lead Digital Designer (Contract)
- Led a small team of in-house designers and contractors and oversaw offshore output.
- Originally brought in as a senior digital designer to roll out the rebrand of one of Hogarth's major clients across all communities and to oversee the work of all new and existing designers. After six months was offered the lead role.
- Acted as a creative lead on major client projects, from concept to completion. These have included globally renowned clients releasing new advertising campaigns to fully fledged site redesigns.
- Was often involved in kick-off discussions with new clients in a largely client-facing role.
- Interpreted client briefs which involved designing and building engaging digital advertising solutions in response. Building these campaigns across multiple platforms (desktop, mobile, and tablet).
- Worked on campaigns included many blue-chip clients such as BP, Shell, Barclays, Airbus, Paramount, and many other global brands.
- Was actively involved in collaboration between key members of sales, creative, and ad operations team.
- Worked on a minor UI and UX design for Reuters UK and international sites.
- Wireframed new shop designs with Ocado’s CMS system and its restrictions in mind.
- Crafted a UI design for new "shop-in-shop" sites to stand within Ocado’s existing interface.
- Communicated ideas for a desired site functionality with the developer team and worked with them to achieve these.
- Created and developed Ocado’s new look design for a more striking design and engaging customer experience.
- Set up and directed photoshoots for specific products within the shop designs to obtain the images envisaged for each design.
Master's Degree in User Experience Design
Kingston University London - Kingston, London, UK
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Graphic Design
Otago University - Dunedin, New Zealand
Oxford Fintech Programme
University of Oxford: Said Business School