Verified Expert in Design
Daniela is a product designer with several years of experience creating products and interactive environments. Working closely with clients, she creates innovative, responsive solutions with the user always in mind. She also builds visually stunning solutions on a solid foundation of research and UX. Daniela loves a good challenge and learning anything that could potentially have a significant impact on people's lives.
Lead Product Designer
Pretorius Design Studio
- Built products for several industries, from discovery to the full-blown production phase, covering research, visual concepts, final product UX/UI, and strategy.
- Created and implemented design systems, UX patterns, and UX repositories.
- Led cross-functional teams through continuous discovery and building user-centered solutions.
UX Manager and Lead Product Designer
- Managed a cross-functional team within an Agile methodology framework.
- Helped with the discovery and strategy of new features, identifying critical UX weaknesses and new business opportunities.
- Grew the design team, so the user-centered approach had a larger impact on product strategy.
Digital Product Designer
IMPOSSIBLE NEW WORLD
- Developed the UX/UI for Android, iOS, web, and other platforms.
- Solved usability issues through user research and rapid prototyping.
- Constructed a bot for Slack to help PMs get better data on how teams spent their time.
- Designed apps and products for IoT, specifically Samsung's family of smart products for the home.
- Helped to build products for Roche's digital pathology department from the first kickoff to user research, testing, and production.
- Created brands and products for startups and other small ventures.
- Worked as part of a multidisciplinary team focused on creating experiences and interactive solutions for various retail spaces and museums.
- Created an interactive multi-medium experience for a museum that incorporated video, projection mapping, and kiosks to help tell the story of the history of Lisbon.
- Constructed a brand family for a group of retail-oriented products under the YDreams umbrella.
- Designed five short games based on Microsoft Kinect technology for a football-themed roadshow for kids.
- Crafted a virtual catalog for a retail chain, a large video wall that could display appliances in actual size, solving the lack of space, one of the main problems of displaying large appliances in stores.
Bachelor's Degree in Communication Design
University of Lisbon, Faculty of Fine Arts - Lisbon, Portugal