Verified Expert in Design
Danny is a seasoned visual and motion designer with over 22 years of experience collaborating with various creative agencies, Fortune 500 companies, innovative startups, and technology firms. He is also the owner of Duro Compagnie, a collective design boutique specializing in creating impactful motion design and visual communication. Leveraging his multi-disciplinary skillsets in 3D, print, animation, and user interface, Danny excels at delivering purposeful and memorable design experiences.
Style Frames and 2022 Motion Design Reel
Prescryptive Health | Promo video + Branding Kit
StanhopeAI: Branding, presentation decks, and product demos videos
Black & Veatch Rebrand
Owner | Design Principal
Duro Compagnie, LLC
- Provided motion graphics and visual communication services, including explainer videos, product promos, branding, live events, and environmental designs.
- Directed and oversaw live-action production setup as part of the video deliverables, which involved casting, location scouting, set design, and post-production planning.
- Developed digital content for events that involved environmental design components. This required finding solutions or applications that work best within their space requirements.
- Collaborated with developers in building a UI design interface for software and mobile applications.
- Provided a long-term retainer service for organizations that embraced working directly with a small production boutique, such as Duro, to streamline the process of communication and improve cost savings.
- Conceptualized, redesigned, and enhanced diverse infographics for various platforms, encompassing web, social media, and presentation decks.
- Created dynamic animated presentations and managed social media content for multiple clients at Vertic.
- Delivered a comprehensive creative process and strategic direction to overcome visual design hurdles for Vertic's clients, encompassing the development of sketches, storyboards, and high-fidelity style frames.
The Kraft Heinz Company - CRM/DTC
- Designed visual mock-ups of a presentation room and formulated a user journey concept that outlines how the audience can be effectively engaged.
- Generated a series of videos showcasing the product's features and benefits and a concise summary of key high-level information.
- Collaborated with key marketing stakeholders at Kraft and was actively involved in shaping a design strategy to achieve impactful communication through videos and infographics.
Bridgestone - EMEA - Main
- Designed and produced an explainer video for various product lines within Bridgestone, which included generating original illustrations based on product references.
- Built a visual language design system for the animation to achieve production scalability and efficiency. I developed a modular system for the illustration where most of the assets can be repurposed for different environments.
- Created custom iconography for their product parts integrated into their internal software application.
Motion and visual designer
Modern Intelligence, Inc.
- Revamped the presentation deck to ensure better alignment with the Modern Intelligence visual brand and reflect its essence more effectively.
- Created a series of compelling explainer videos to enhance their pitching deck, empowering them to effectively market their product to the Department of Defense.
- Engaged in close collaboration with the client to develop an exceptionally captivating script for the explainer videos.
Stanhope AI Ltd
- Proposed and designed a brand visual refresh that entailed a new logo identity, presentation decks, and product demo videos.
- Produced a promotional teaser video that succinctly communicated Stanhope AI's innovative technology.
- Created several product demo use cases highlighting different scenarios using animation to tell the story effectively.
Pfizer - Manufacturing Operations Solutions
- Collaborated with several product owners within the Pfizer Digital Manufacturing team to craft a unique product launch story that would translate into a video script.
- Designed and built bespoke video assets for several explainer videos that entailed re-creating user interface software dashboards and character animation that resonated with each product environment or setting.
- Created a cohesive look and feel that included colors, tone and feel, and animation style to ensure all videos were derived from Pfizer brand visual language.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. - Marine Business Planning Division
- Provided an overhaul PowerPoint design template for Yamaha Marine Business Division that they use internally for various yearly events.
- Built a robust collection of design templates that consist of modular visual design assets that can be used in multiple formats.
- Created a customized icons library that was specific for Marine Business Division.
Lead Visual and Motion Designer
- Collaborated with Gensler's creative director to produce several branded motion graphic videos installed at Smart Factory, Wichita.
- Built comprehensive visual concepts that included colors, typography, brand language, and tone as a preliminary exploration to determine the best creative approaches aligned with the Smart Factory brand.
- Provided art direction and managed internal and external designers and animators by having regular weekly meetings and check-ins to ensure all parties were aligned with deliverables and goals.
- Created a high-level design direction in the form of style frames and prototype animation that Gensler's internal team could reproduce.
- Designed and produced an attract loop lobby video showcasing Hoag's salient value propositions as the most innovative healthcare provider in southern California.
- Designed and produced a promo video for Nona, a subsidiary of Hoag hospital that provided 24/7 extended superior care after delivery.
- Provided key milestones and a creative process roadmap to ensure a seamless workflow to achieve work efficiency and increase productivity.
Adobe After Effects Specialist for Promo Video Ads
- Designed and produced several explainer videos for several promotional products for Bridgestone Japan and Europe division.
- Provided newly and fresh creative approach that entailed colors, tone and feel, and animation style in order to improve the overall quality of the videos.
- Worked with several product owners to identify and determine a proper story that would not only inform but also captivate and engage the audience.
User Interface Designer
Louder Online (via Toptal)
- Designed an interactive growth mapping report that visually demonstrated their potential growth plan for their online digital presence to the end-user.
- Developed an animation prototype of the interactive growth mapping report that showed how the information layers were structured, which allowed the end-user to dive deeper into the data.
- Created a sustainable design that can be replicated hundreds of times for clients for an easy update.
Graphic Designer (Network Visualization)
Collaborist (via Toptal)
- Hired as a visual designer to illustrate a complex concept for a mobile application.
- Produced a series of visual narratives or progressions that explain the high-level concept of the project that was used for an investor presentation.
- Worked collaboratively with Collaborist to come up with the best solution.
- Implemented a daily check-in to make sure all expectations were met.
Creative Director for Motion Design
- Designed and directed interactive marketing tools for Cisco's web and mobile platforms.
- Developed design assets and provided animation content for Xerox's ColorQube marketing initiatives.
- Created and developed a visual center for ISN TV, a subset of the Intel company that produces and curates videos of technology experts' testimonials, interviews, and discussion forums for the Intel community.
- Created and produced an internal rebranding kit for SMITH. This involved a promo video, website design overhaul, collateral design, and other marketing tools.
- Stepped up my role as a producer to bring in jobs that created new opportunities for SMITH to expand its offering into environmental/space design.
- Provided graphic support for a post-production facility, a subset of the Downstream family.
- Provided design and art direction for various environmental projects, including motion graphics and interactive content.
- Mentored and fostered a team of animators to speed up the company design culture, which boosted collaboration across disciplines within the organization.
- Collaborated with programmers and developers to create a unique solution for media content strategy and implementation.
- Provided design guidance and technology recommendations to ensure a sustainable workflow and maximize productivity within the organization.
- Worked on various design pitches for broadcast TV channels, including FOX, AXN, and HBO.
- Provided motion graphics support and 3D animation for commercial projects and environmental designs.
- Developed thematic visual designs that were curated internally and then the selected piece would be included in the Noise book, a hardcover design book that served as an inspiration for designers worldwide.
- Worked on several print collateral and logo identity designs for the technology and entertainment industry.
- Developed a pre-visualization animatic (animated storyboard) as a proof of concept, which was used for designing the space where the digital content resided.
3D Modeler and Animator
Sierra On-Line (Dynamix)
- Developed textures and created animation sequences optimized for a real-time rendering engine.
- Designed and develop 3D plane assets for Red Baron, including the art direction for the interface and menu selection.
- Worked on building a virtual world for 3D mini golf. Created the textures and loop animation as part of the level design.
- Provided production art support for different game departments within Dynamix.
- Delivered user testing to ensure all the artwork had correctly been implemented.
Master of Art Degree in Computer Art
Savannah College of Art and Design - Savannah, Georgia (USA)
Bachelor of Science Degree in Fine & Applied Arts
University of Oregon - Eugene, Oregon (USA)