Verified Expert in Design
Dapomola is a multidisciplinary designer with 8+ years of experience. Highly skilled in UI, UX, and visual and web design, he solves problems by delivering well-researched and thoroughly tested products. Dapomola has designed an app that helps tens of thousands of users apply for loans and grants to scale their businesses. He has implemented changes to an eCommerce website that increased sales by over 50% and written articles that increased website traffic by 23%.
Swift Deliveries: Food Delivery Mobile and Web App and Web UI
- Led and managed a team of designers, illustrators, and animators.
- Refreshed and built brand identity guidelines for the Softcom brand and all 4 of our products.
- Developed strategies and creatives for product marketing.
Senior UI/UX Designer
- Redesigned the product's visual language, resulting in a 60% increase in user engagement.
- Created and designed high-fidelity prototypes for different screen sizes.
- Crafted user stories and user flows for multiple features.
- Built a component library and medium-sized design system that enabled rapid prototyping and iteration.
- Came up with a novel but simple UI components to tackle UI challenges.
- Received multiple recognitions from top leadership for my contributions to the product.
- Defined the information architecture, flows, and sitemap for the website.
- Shaped user stories for the five customer personas.
- Created mid-level fidelity prototypes to outline important flows, features, hierarchies, etc.
- Translated the mid-level fidelity prototypes to high-level fidelity prototypes while working within the boundaries of an already established design system.
- Assisted in usability testing and feedback sessions.
- Performed iterations on flows and layouts based on the results from user testing.
- Incorporated translations from English to Italian into the designs.
- Handed off the designs to developers for development.
- Created responsive designs for mobile, tablet, and desktop.
Lead UI | Product and Web Designer
- Oversaw and executed user experience, web, and product design for clients of a small digital studio focused on designing and executing web and mobile products, websites, and brand identities.
- Designed and developed multiple websites using WordPress.
- Defined user types, personas, needs, scenarios, and flows.
- Performed usability tests and increased conversions by 6-14%.
- Pioneered and implemented a more agile and cost-effective process of ideation, iteration, and user testing.
- Designed creatives for one of Nigeria's biggest EoY concerts of 2019.
- Created a design system and implemented a UI components library that allows building new pages quickly and easily.
- Redesigned a marketing website to optimize for conversions and aligned it with the values and culture of the company.
- Designed a mobile app and a web app for an on-demand food delivery startup.
- Refreshed, revised, and updated a company's identity guidelines to make the visual language more consistent, reflective of the company's growth, scalable, and easy to use.
Senior UI, UX, and Web Designer
- Identified and delivered key UX design deliverables such as user research, competitive analysis, personas, and wireframes.
- Created high-fidelity mock-ups and prototypes and developed websites.
- Delivered outstanding products by designing and building exceptional and intuitive interfaces.
- Carried out user testing and contextual studies to make informed design decisions.
- Identified and implemented key changes to an eCommerce website that increased sales via the website by more than 50%.
- Co-developed and oversaw team design execution and standards.
- Created and documented solutions by various means including diagrams, site maps, user flows, annotated wireframes, and prototypes.
- Contributed to a proactive work environment by giving presentations to fellow team members on UX and product design fundamentals.
- Facilitated basic coding and design training sessions for young girls and summer school students to pique their design and tech industry interests.
Web Designer and Growth Strategist
- Designed and co-built websites that are used by tens of thousands of Africans to scale their businesses and apply for grants.
- Collaborated on product design, testing, implementation, and growth.
- Identified and implemented low-cost ways to grow digital products.
- Built websites for some of Nigeria and Africa's biggest brands and companies.
- Wrote articles that increased website traffic by more than 23%.
- Contributed to a variety of web and app-related projects.
- Implemented search engine optimization (SEO) on websites.
- Carried out user testing on websites and web apps.
- Conceptualized and designed all product lines for the company.
- Managed and oversaw the marketing of all company products.
- Designed and developed the company website using WordPress as the CMS and implemented WooCommerce as a viable eCommerce solution.
- Directed creatives and executed strategies for the company.
- Revised and solidified the brand identity and built cohesive and scalable guidelines to be used across all marketing communications (social media, newsletters).
- Art-directed and oversaw numerous online advertising campaigns.
- Art-directed and oversaw photo and video productions.
Creative and Graphic Designer
- Created brand identities and developed brand guidelines for multiple clients.
- Designed brand merchandise and social media creatives for multiple clients.
- Provided branding and business consultation for clients.
- Designed brand marketing materials, including landing pages and flyers.
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
Lead City University - Ibadan, Nigeria