Verified Expert in Design
Dawn is an experienced UX writer with a range of skills in copywriting, marketing writing, content strategy, user-centered design, and research. She collaborates with clients to craft UX and marketing copy, content, microcopy, and campaign materials. Dawn is well-versed in creating and transferring content for new mobile apps, websites, and products. With over a decade of experience, she has served clients from various industries, including healthcare, education, insurance, and climate change.
UX Writer | Content Strategist
The University of Tulsa - Communications & Marketing
- Re-wrote content for the major and minor programs within the colleges to appeal to prospective students and their parents.
- Delivered new pages and content ahead of schedule, completing the set of 100+ pages needed for each discipline.
- Worked with a team of designers, writers, and content strategists to identify opportunities for improving the current message to students, parents, and alumnae/alumni.
- Researched, leveraged, and migrated existing content; conducted competitive assessments to identify leaders in the industry and understand the overall landscape.
UX Writer | UX Researcher | Content Specialist
Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian
- Wrote consistent messaging across the user journey for a new mobile app, including content and microcopy for buttons, labels, and descriptions, allowing users to schedule appointments, connect with their care team, and track their progress.
- Designed future-facing concepts spanning the digital-physical ecosystem, such as the kiosk and check-in experience, in-room television displays, mobile and tablet applications, wristband integration, and in-room food ordering interfaces.
- Conducted patient interviews and synthesized research findings to identify opportunities for innovation within the healthcare experience at Hoag through both digital and physical touchpoints.
- Led strategic vision workshops and ideation sessions with stakeholders to shape the design direction of our app, plan updates, and unlock new opportunities.
Marketing Copywriter | UX Writer | UX Designer
- Crafted user-friendly instructions, contextual help, labels, and descriptions within design parameters in Figma.
- Defined content and wrote marketing copy for an Olympic Games hospitality package website.
- Worked closely with other UI/UX designers to establish navigational structure and design direction for a Super Bowl mobile app; wrote copy for users attending the Super Bowl.
- Designed user flows and screens for web and mobile apps, enabling users to curate event ticket packages.
Acting UX Team Manager
- Led a team of designers working on a large-scale enterprise application and other initiatives.
- Researched the user experience to uncover pain points and opportunities with the current desktop application, then made recommendations for actionable next steps to be carried out by the design team.
- Assessed the current state of a large enterprise desktop application and identified areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Drove the application redesign and held strategic design workshops to uncover opportunities. Conducted iterative team design review sessions.
Teach for America
- Wrote and edited the content for multiple email campaigns.
- Collaborated with designers and other team members to ensure appropriate and on-brand messaging.
- Applied the messaging within design templates to fit the parameters of the design spacing, email length, and other constraints as required for the messages.
Content Writer, Strategist | UX Designer
- Wrote all copy and organized content for the newly redesigned carbon-offset marketing website.
- Created wireframes and guided the direction of the design team.
- Conducted a content audit and analysis to ensure all information was accounted for when creating new page content.
User Experience Designer II
- Designed and oversaw the creation of an internal customer support tool.
- Worked in an agile environment to design and launch a new customer portal.
- Created and advocated for user-centered design solutions across a variety of products, such as the internal customer support tool, customer portal, and agent tools.
- Planned, executed, and analyzed user research to make and implement web and product recommendations.
- Completed competitive and heuristic reviews to determine areas of improvement.
- Presented user experience capabilities and recommendations to internal teams and agency partners.
- Provided input into various UX needs and goals throughout the organization while supporting other teams as needed.
User Experience Lead
Publicis Sapient (Rosetta, Razorfish, SapientRazorfish)
- Led user experience and product design initiatives from start to finish, collaborating with clients and overseeing designers on the team.
- Scoped projects to determine UX needs and goals, timing, resourcing, and how user experience fits into the project as a whole.
- Collaborated with developers, business analysts, visual designers, and others to create and deliver digital products.
- Redesigned home security and automation application with daily activity tracking and caregiver capabilities for iOS and Android devices.
- Redesigned and rearchitected a retail clothing website across multiple breakpoints (responsive) to ease consumer navigation and purchasing.
- Redesigned B2B websites for major manufacturers to include eCommerce capabilities such as parts specification, customization, online purchasing, and procurement.
- Designed new concepts and prototypes to convey ideas to clients and determine new functionality for websites and mobile applications.
- Oversaw UX designers and worked with product management teams to ensure quality delivery and strong client relationships.
UX Analyst and Research Coordinator
- Analyzed data from online surveys, Google Analytics, Tealeaf, and user testing to determine if business needs and goals aligned with user expectations.
- Developed research plans, recruited participants, and conducted usability sessions for a variety of digital experiences, such as creating personalized photo greeting cards online.
- Uncovered user insights to validate business decisions and uncover user frustrations.
- Recommended changes and enhancements to digital products based on user insights and feedback.
- Designed email templates and created wireframes and user flows based on qualitative data collected.
- Created and analyzed surveys to develop benchmarks, determine customer satisfaction metrics, and collect ongoing feedback.
ScanPath Usability Lab
- Prepared findings and recommendations for clients based on usability sessions and eye-tracking data.
- Researched product packaging and branding for a Fortune 500 paint company through eye-tracking and user feedback.
- Wrote a white paper to share industry trends in banking and uncovered insights through one-on-one interviews with bankers and bank managers.
- Tested the experience of creating online personalized greeting cards and recommended updates to the user flow and interactions throughout the screens.
- Analyzed eye-tracking data and compiled qualitative findings from individual usability sessions.
- Developed research plans and facilitated usability sessions and focus groups.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Advertising and Marketing
Kent State University - Kent, OH, United States