Verified Expert in Design
Hyun has several years of experience designing digital products for Fortune 500 companies and Bay Area startups. He loves to build intuitive, thoughtful, and beautifully crafted products for organizations looking for an autonomous designer who loves to ship quickly. Hyun works closely with top Bay Area VC firms like Greylock Partners and Bain Capital to help their portfolio companies with product design needs. Hyun's worked for many companies, including Intel, Walmart, J&J, Genentech, and more.
Wellness Incentive Program | Fortune 100 Health Insurance
Modernizing Christian Education | Plymouth Leadership College
Convention Parking App | Fortune 500 Telecommunications Company
Product Designer (Portfolio Companies)
- Worked closely with Greylock partners as a referral product designer for many of their early portfolio companies.
- Collaborated with the founders and core team on endeavors ranging from pre-seed to series B. Many Greylock Partners portfolio companies, including names of note like Airbnb and LinkedIn, pass $1 billion valuations.
- Built new MVP products and optimized product design needs for portfolio companies.
Bain & Company
- Helped design new digital products for Fortune 500 executive clients. Services from the digital team include UX research, product strategy, product design, and implementation.
- Conducted onsite UX research, did rapid collaborations, held design thinking workshops, and handled client presentations.
- Designed specific outputs that have included mockups, interactive products, heuristic evaluations, user personas, empathy maps, multi-variant testing, interactive prototypes, animations, and videos.
- Implemented UX research practices include multiple variant testing, A/B testing, usability testing, on-site observation, system usability scale, 5 Whys, user flows, user journeys, and storyboarding.
- Worked and collaborated with MBA consultants to help provide a balance of user needs and business objectives for our clients.
- Worked as the sole product designer from their series A to series B funding of $24 million from top-tier Bay Area VC firm, Greylock Partners.
- Oversaw UX research including user interviews, persona creation, empathy mapping, user flows, user journeys, and usability testing.
- Collaborated with stakeholders including the founders, chief staff, engineers (ML, infra, front end), customer success, and marketers to help design new products for our suite.
- Designed our internal tools that our ML engineers and data scientists could leverage for their investigation process.
- Communicated and represented the customer's voice through weekly insights aggregated through multiple channels.
- Worked on multiple products including agency management, policy management, E&S insurance accounting, and a distribution API used for third-party integration.
- Worked as the sole designer and designed new products and features as well as redesigning existing ones.
- Conducted on-site interviews and usability tests to gain user insights throughout various offices in California.
- Designed user journeys, maps, and personas to compile strong UX insights and findings to stakeholders.
- Provided the information architecture, UX, interaction, visual, and UI for all of their products.
Associate Creative Director | Partner
Websauce Studio (Acquired by White Rabbit)
- Managed the client interactions for design services and designed all projects from ideation to inception.
- Provided new design consulting services to the agency including product design, iOS and Android design, ethnography research, product strategy, information architecture, and technical feasibility.
- Increased Websauce's project workload capabilities by managing and designing five to six projects at a time.
- Helped double our company revenue from 2017 to 2018 and raise it by another 60% from 2018 to 2019.
User Interface Designer
- Designed intranet systems and digital supply chain products for Fortune 500 companies.
- Collaborated closely with UX researchers, PMs, and engineers with an agile process.
- Produced high-fidelity UI designs from the basic box or sketched wireframes.
- Executed the correct branding standards and established proper aesthetics from colors, fonts, layout, logos, iconography, and illustrations.
- Worked on product strategy and UX responsibilities on smaller-scale projects.
Bachelor's Degree in Design, Visual Communication
University of California, Davis - Davis, CA, United States
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring