Igor Marques Magrini
Verified Expert in Design
Igor is a designer with over 15 years of experience leading local/remote design teams, crafting digital products, conducting user research, prototyping, and designing user interfaces for web portals, mobile applications, SaaS, and infotainments for brands like Volkswagen, Spotify, TIVIT, Claro, Burger King, and other global brands with millions of users. Over the last five years, Igor has also held several workshops on design thinking—teaching thousands of new designers in Brazil.
VW Play | Infotainment Interface
Head of Design
- Developed a UX research process and user tests to validate the designs and interactions by interviewing users remotely and in-person with different methods.
- Designed the VW Play infotainment interfaces and new features exclusively for other regions or languages, e.g., right-hand driving.
- Designed apps and helped our business partners to design applications for the VW Play platform by crafting and guiding through documentation.
- Managed assets, e.g., car photos, feature icons, welcome animations, and text translations for over ten countries.
- Developed an innovation-and-product discovery process by grouping multiple professionals types and teaching user research and prototyping methods.
Lead Product Designer
- Managed the entire design team—with local and remote members—to deliver innovative solutions to the restaurant market to improve their work, quality, and velocity and delight their customers.
- Established the goals and quality standards for product team.
- Evaluated and reviewed the design throughout the company to ensure consistency.
- Coordinated the design team's roadmap and organized and developed the team to work with Agile methods.
- Researched and tested the product with the client and built prototypes to validate hypotheses and several modifications of the system.
- Evaluated and benchmarked competitors to create a product roadmap and support the company objectives in the short term.
Head of Design
- Led in and led out design teams abroad—the company had distributed team members from all over the country—to introduce design goals for the company's software.
- Created a single robust design system to facilitate the development work along with multiple projects and teams.
- Evangelized design thinking and best UX practices and introduced research and development methods to create new projects.
- Hired, managed, and developed design professionals by creating a plan of evaluation and feedback to produce soft and hard skills.
- Co-created new brand guidelines that support software development using the new brand communication and design system to create a unified software appearance.
- Aligned the cloud product strategy with the company website to optimize performance lead capturing on the brand portal.
- Supported the marketing team with best practices workshops for digital design, responsive web, content production, and user testing.
- Created and planned the digital presences of multiple brands on multiple devices and platforms, e.g., iOS apps, web portals, and IoT devices.
- Developed the UX concept by crafting personas, consumer journeys, wireframes, benchmarks, flows, usability tests, focus groups, card sorting, general research, and feature descriptions.
- Managed a young team of designers and information architects on multiple brands' project styles.
- Created the cases and award-winning projects to explore digital solutions and brand new technologies.
- Advocated internally and for other companies' best design practices and UX methods to improve product performances and team handovers.
- Organized and created tools for designers to create faster and more consistent brand web pages, emails, and communications in large quantities.
- Helped from a user perspective to create metrics and evaluated the digital presence of brands online.
- Working alongside the digital strategy team to create information architecture solutions for all of Grupo Estado's digital products (Estadao.com, Jornal da Tarde, Rádio Eldorado, and Limao.com.br, iLocal).
- Conducted various media redesigns such as desktop applications, web apps, and mobile (iOS, Android).
- Established Agile methods within multidisciplinary teams using various design frameworks.
- Interviewed and conducted user research to best-fit product redesigns.
- Reviewed product navigation and information architecture for multiple devices, like iPad, iPhone, Android, smart TVs, and other connected devices.
- Created interfaces based on accessibility best practices and advocated about user needs for best product performances.
- Adapted web portal navigation and information displays to best delivery experience on mobile phones.
- Designed the first online journal app for iPad in Brazil, delivering a nice way to read and publish journal for mobile devices.
Cia de Marketing
- Developed digital brand presence such as websites, digital media, landing pages, and promo pages for web.
- Built brand guidelines for digital and graphic application, defining rules, best practices and for logo, color palette, and compositions with photos.
- Created digital campaign with multiple channels like, TV, web, and out-of-home media for brand stores launching.
- Presented, negotiated, and conducted meetings with clients to display proposals and evaluate brand strategy campaigns.
- Created websites, landing pages, and hotsites for mobile and web visualization.
- Created the brand and graphic composition for the learning materials for multiple universities in different states all over the country.
- Organized pedagogic content for classes, modules, and courses for different disciplines.
- Set the SCORM parameters for digital classes to evaluate student progress.
- Created the digital content to supply online classes, e.g., mini-games, quizzes, trivia questions, forums, and tutorials that improved the digital environment.
- Organized, directed, and edited video recordings for online courses and modules.
Junior Digital Designer
Faculdade de medicina do ABC
- Designed landing pages and graphic promotional materials for courses and products from the university.
- Conducted user interviews with students and teachers to improve university communication channels.
- Benchmarked competitors and their digital presence to improve internal products and identify opportunities.
- Developed brand guidelines and graphic best practices for events and festivals promoted by the university.
- Designed and coded front-end pages for a university intranet and web portal.
- Designed web mobile web pages for a university web portal.
Specialization in Communications
Universidade de São Paulo - São Paulo, Brazil
Bachelor's Degree in Visual Design
University Anhembi Morumbi - São Paulo, Brazil