Verified Expert in Design
James is a professional designer who excels in turning visions into compelling visuals. With a track record of successful collaborations with top-tier brands like Adidas, Reebok, Kawasaki, and Ducati, his expertise lies in creating engaging brand identities. James blends creativity with meticulous attention to detail, consistently delivering superior results. His work is more than just design—it's about crafting a story that brings brands to life.
Lead Product Designer
- Spearheaded the design of OpenReel's core product, resulting in an entirely new business product and revenue, which increased user engagement and significantly increased customer satisfaction scores.
- Transformed OpenReel's design process by introducing a design system and methodologies, resulting in a 40% increase in project delivery speed.
- Led a cross-functional team of designers and developers, successfully delivering five major new product offerings on schedule and within budget.
- Presented product design strategies and updates to stakeholders, effectively communicating design value and fostering strong relationships.
- Collaborated with the marketing and sales teams to align product design with brand strategy, contributing to increased brand recognition.
- Managed a team of designers and developers to improve and update the online/digital appearance consistently.
- Implemented strategic improvements to the platform.
- Managed relationships with several agency partners.
- Implemented leading design improvements to the online site.
- Designed monthly newsletters and online banners promoting products.
- Updated meta information to align with global standards.
- Developed and pitched monthly online campaigns to upper management.
- Worked strategically with photographers to align imagery with monthly online brand campaigns.
Creative Services Manager
- Managed my team’s work schedules to allow for the most optimal outputs.
- Provided creative concepts on which designers could build off of.
- Empowered my designers to create industry-leading creative artwork.
- Created innovative design solutions for multiple brands within the company.
- Led project meetings and reviews daily, weekly, and annually.
- Conducted employee performance reviews which included goal setting and performance checkups.
- Challenged the status quo in all areas of design and development.
- Created marketing material and in-store retail campaigns across Canada.
- Designed and prepared finished art for product and communication support materials.
- Developed Canadian-specific marketing—ensuring consistency with global corporate identity guidelines.
- Created innovative UI experiences for many types of user/customers.
- Prepared layouts for advertising and in-store POS concepts.
- Coordinated with managers to develop new ideas/concepts to boost brand marketing.
- Prepared and delivered final files to printers for production.
Traffic Works Media
- Designed leading-class websites for various clients around the world. Worked closely with the development team through handoffs.
- Built brand identities and completed brand guides for various clients. Ensured each client was left with a curated set of logos and assets for their business.
- Created innovative UI experiences for many types of users/customers.
Advanced Diploma in Graphic Design
Durham College - Oshawa, Ontario