Verified Expert in Design
John is an experienced product manager and designer with skills in creating end-to-end user-centric experiences from concepts and research to wireframes and high-fidelity deliverables. He's worked with companies at all different scales from startups to large corporations like IBM on both B2B enterprise SaaS and consumer-focused products. John has experience collaborating with remote development and product management teams.
Villa Smart Home iOS App
Product Designer | Manager
- Designed a communication platform for a funded startup, connecting ER nurses with remote doctors. Included native iOS and Android mobile apps, tablets apps, and a web platform. Created a brand color scheme and a custom icon set for the apps.
- Designed a property management iOS app for a startup that allowed residents, property managers, and maintenance employees to communicate in a seamless experience.
- Designed an internal reporting tool for the consumer tech market. The tool aggregates data from a variety of vendor and third-party sites and shows insights for managing inventory, fulfillment, customer service, and a variety of business functions.
- Worked on updating a GPS platform for a consumer tech company and redesigned several new features to make it more user-friendly and intuitive.
- Designed a contract management platform for a startup in the enterprise SaaS space. Created user flows, information architecture, wireframes, high-fidelity designs, branding, and the style guide.
- Designed a production management platform for a technical parts manufacturer. The platform is web-based with an iOS app component.
UI/UX Product Designer
- Worked in an Agile environment to implement innovative solutions for users following IBM design thinking methodology.
- Led and participated in the digital product design process from research and ideation to wireframing and user testing, creating hi-fidelity designs and implementations with development.
- Facilitated design thinking workshops and held feedback meetings with key clients.
- Designed a service design and software design experience to help improve IBM's business process outsourcing business.
- Worked on combining two cloud platforms (Bluemix and Softlayer) with thousands of users each into a unified experience.
Red Rider Creative
- Worked with a variety of clients to create company and event branding, brochures, presentations, and other print applications.
- Created packaging, displays, and print collateral.
- Managed and created content for social media accounts and wickedaudio.com.
- Created and implemented concepts for digital marketing techniques, such as contests, giveaways, and other creative advertisements of products.
- Planned photo shoots, recruited models, and edited product and lifestyle photos for use in print and web design.
Web Design Intern
- Created visual concepts and illustrations to promote the brand and to be used on their website.
- Designed campaign material to be sent to universities across the nation, promoting social innovation.
- Created and designed posters, game programs, T-shirts, and social media and environmental pieces for BYU's NCAA sports teams.
Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design
Brigham Young University - Provo, Utah