Verified Expert in Design
Jan has worked with over fifty startups and other companies for the last ten years, building innovative digital products. He had the privilege to work on exciting projects that were, more often than not, the first of their kind. He specializes in Customer, Apps, Web, AI, and Gaming. Jan can also help you with product management and fundraising. He raised over $1.5 million for his projects and crowdfunded $65K.
Daytrip | Inter-city Transfers with Private Drivers
Databreakers | Marketing Optimization with AI
ZOOT | eCommerce in Fashion
- Completed projects for Coca-Cola, Foxconn, Bang and Olufsen, Daytrip, Databreakers, and over 50 other clients.
- Conducted qualitative and quantitative research for clients.
- Created interactive prototypes in Axure, Figma, Sketch, and Marvel.
- Build advanced design systems entirely from scratch.
- Designed pixel-perfect UIs both for desktop and mobile.
- Prepared all design assets for a flawless handoff to developers.
- Led teams of two to five designers and developers.
- Consulted with various clients on their product strategies.
- Worked regularly side by side with founders to figure out the direction of the product.
CEO | Lead Designer
- Designed an app that brought Tabletop RPGs to mobile gaming.
- Created over 500 screens and built a design system.
- Raised $65,000 on Kickstarter from 3,000 backers. The project became the 5th most backed mobile game in Kickstarter's history.
- Developed $1,500,000 from private investors and VC funds. One of the investors is a creator of Beatsaber.
- Managed a team of more than fifteen people for over four years.
- Built a community of over 20,000 members. Primarily on Discord and email, but also Instagram and Facebook.
- Redesigned a web platform for Uber-like inter-city rides.
- Developed an original UX that brought a massive boost in revenue.
- Designed also the whole UI and also a design system.
- Created a B2B portal for Daytrip partners and agencies.
Head of Design
- Researched industries like finance, insurance, defense, and agriculture. Discovered the usage of satellite imagery.
- Validated hypotheses with prototypes. Explored best practices on a spectrum of platforms.
- Created an intuitive interface for innovative service.
- Worked in day-to-day cooperation with the front-end, back-end, and scientific teams—bringing design culture into a non-design environment.
- Built the informational architecture of the website designing it and co-implementing it.
- Defined brands with internal and external research proposing guidelines to make the company's communication consistent.
- Learned how AI works, how it is taught, and what possibilities there are with using it.
User Experience Designer
- Refined the UX for one of the largest fashion e-shops in Europe.
- Observed the area for weak spots and optimized the mobile experience for millions of customers from three countries.
- Cooperated closely with a front-end team, graphic designer, management, marketing, and a co-founder.
- Conducted tens of in-depth interviews revealing the thought processes of various customer types.
- Prototyped alternative versions of the current solutions and guerrilla tested. Iterations resulted in higher conversion rates.
- Attended ZOOT stores anonymously to explore possibilities to improve an offline experience.