Verified Expert in Design
Josh an award-winning product design expert with 20 years of experience. He specializes in designing and modernizing enterprise-level, B2B applications for large organizations that have complex architecture, data, and visualization needs. His long list of clients includes global brands such as Carrier, The US Army, Universal Studios, Morgan Stanley, ADP, Comcast, Nike, Bank of America, Fannie Mae, and AmerisourceBergen. Josh delivers outstanding customer experiences for today and tomorrow.
Product Design Manager
Ernst & Young (EY)
- Managed design teams for top brands in the aerospace, financial services, mortgage, and insurance industries.
- Oversaw the design and marketing strategy for a B2B suite of digital tools for servicing and marketing residential and commercial HVAC equipment.
- Created a responsive web-based application to view, share, and submit digital forms for a leading national lending company.
- Developed a design system and branding guide, including an accessible interpretation of existing corporate standards, typography, iconography, and form components.
- Led the research and creation of three journey maps for a leading aerospace company, which included 20 persona studies.
Lead UX/UI Designer
- Led the UI design for online customer websites and native applications for four regional banks.
- Built a design system to be used for a suite of 100+ software products that allowed for both internationalization and brand white labeling.
- Designed the UI and logic for an iOS game that reached the top-25 in the App Store.
- Created the visual design for Nike's custom shoe and apparel design software.
- Developed UX page templates and visual design systems for SunGard's and Pfizer's corporate intranets.
Principal and Lead UX/UI Designer
- Designed multiple internal tools and public products for ADP, including a library of multi-sized variants of 100+ icons.
- Managed the design team for a video game industry media company that published industry news and operated a peer-to-peer eCommerce platform.
- Designed the aesthetics for a touchscreen oven interface and developed an interactive prototype with full animation and sound effects for user testing.
- Created a design system for six tire companies' public consumer websites.
- Designed a proof of concept for a government-focused social website that allowed users to track popular topics, follow current events, and manage personal administrative paperwork.
Senior UX/UI Designer
- Designed and developed a custom interactive design artifact presentation application to aid in public presentations that ran off live data.
- Created a fully interactive prototype for a 911 command center, which won an industry award in ID Magazine and was featured in a 2011 exhibit at The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York City.
- Conducted multiple observation persona studies in the field shadowing key personas.
- Facilitated usability testing sessions within an internal lab, including eye-tracking analysis.
- Created the visual design for manufacturing process management software that included isometric illustrations of factory equipment and human personnel.
Principal and Lead UX/UI Designer
- Founded a design studio comprising eight employees and grossing $1 million in annual sales after four years.
- Designed and developed websites for local industry leaders in architecture, photography, and advertising.
- Teamed with local advertising agencies to create full print-to-digital campaigns for existing clients.
- Designed a website for a top regional photographer, which was published as a featured project in a leading industry magazine.
- Won 20+ Addy awards, including Gold-level and Best of Show.
Associate's Degree in Communication Design
Northampton Community College - Bethlehem, PA, USA