Toptal Member Since
December 24, 2019
Kayode is an experienced designer whose primary interests are in UX and visual design with a strategic focus. His goal is to use design concepts and solutions to help increase a company's bottom line. Kayode is passionate about finding the best tools to execute content-driven visuals; he works as a creative partner in all aspects of UI/UX, visual, and IxD, bringing visual identities and products to life through thoughtfully crafted designs.
Kayode is available for hireHire Kayode
Yogfit - Yoga Fitness Training
ACADA - Responsive Dashboard
Dashboard DesignResponsive Web AppsStudent EngagementManagementAnalyticsMobile Web+ 7 more
FairMoney - Web
Loans & LendingLoan DesignWeb UXWeb UILanding PagesResponsive UI+ 7 more
Tablet UXMobile (Tablet)User Experience (UX)Entertainment & LeisureSketchMovies+ 8 more
2018 - PRESENT
Head of Design and User Experience
- Led, hired, and managed a UX and product design team.
- Carried out the UX research and designed the end-to-end experience for a gift voucher platform.
- Created a new brand for Suregroup.
- Led the brand and UX design for a new innovative voucher redemption app.
- Regularly ran discovery sessions and conducted UX research, and held design review workshops.
- Led the design of assets for a HR workshop event.
- Tested applications for improvement and user requirements.
- Created visual design, videos, and animations to show in-app transitions and animations.
- Worked with other design teams in different organizations on branding and U/UX projects for staff and clients' reward.
2020 - 2020
UI/UX Webflow Designer
Homeworks Energy (via Toptal)
- Built a first-of-its-kind HVAC buying and installation eCommerce solution online using Webflow.
- Engaged with key stakeholders, including the CEO, COO, VP, product managers, engineers, and other designers to bring concepts to reality at every stage of development.
- Created conceptual storyboards, wireframes, designs, and functional prototypes to drive product direction and define the user interaction model and workflows for key tasks.
- Directed and developed the eCommerce website with Webflow, making use of Webflow CMS, Webflow eCommerce, and custom code.
- Designed a savings calculator feature for the website to allow users to calculate how much they can save on heating and cooling systems online.
- Presented designs, communicated rationale and trade-offs, and was receptive to feedback.
- Participated in daily design sprints, sprint planning, and sprint demo with key stakeholders.
- Helped the client re-envision the project scope and deliverables to meet the budget and tight deadlines.
Technologies: Web UX Design, Writing & Editing, User Experience (UX), Information Architecture (IA), Web Design, eCommerce, Teams, Trello, Adobe CC, Lucidchart, Hotjar, Sketch, Webflow, UI Design, SaaS, Product Design, Figma
2018 - 2018
Lead Designer (UI/UX and Visual Design)
- Designed and managed the development of a financial platform.
- Designed and developed website, icons, animated SVG, and motion graphics.
- Designed the brand, UX, and UI for a financial savings app for iOS and Android.
- Designed a platform for parents and schools to allow both access to finance.
- Designed and led multiple rich media ads.
Technologies: Brand Design, Web UX Design, Marketing Design, Social Media Strategy, Web Design, Sketch, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Experience Design (XD), Zeplin, Marvel, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, UI Design, SaaS, Presentation Design, Pitch Decks, Product Design, Figma, Mobile Design
2016 - 2017
Lead Designer (UI/UX and Visual Design)
- Worked with the management of Hi-Impact TV to create a brand identity for the TV station.
- Worked with the marketing team for the design of marketing materials.
- Created and led all design efforts for the launch of the TV station.
- Worked closely with the business development team and the marketing team to create rich media ads for Hi-Impact Planet, a sister company.
- Created designs for motion display boards for a TV station launch across more than 20 countries.
Technologies: Brand Design, Marketing Design, Social Media Strategy, Print Ads, Sketch, Marvel, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, UI Design, Presentation Design, Pitch Decks, Product Design, Figma
2015 - 2016
Oriental Foods Limited
- Designed graphic assets for online visibility.
- Created rich media ads for an international foods company.
- Created various media content such as animated videos (for adverts and explanations of how our applications works), banners, images for the website, and branding materials.
- Designed and led multiple rich media ads for milk production part of the company.
- Designed rollup banners, exercise book covers for events and giveaways.
Technologies: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
2013 - 2015
- Worked with various startups and established organizations to produce high-quality marketing communication materials.
- Designed a website for a secondary school.
- Designed interactive Macromedia Flash websites for crowdsourcing design.
- Rebranded a crowdsourcing website.
- Created brand identities for various companies.
- Designed and led multiple rich media ads for a university.
- Designed icons, logos, and motion graphics for many international agencies.
Technologies: Brand Design, Social Media Strategy, Flash, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
2010 - 2015
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Federal University of Agriculture - Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria
2008 - 2008
Diploma in Graphic Design
Agape School of Design - Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria
AUGUST 2019 - PRESENT
Usability, User Experience and Interaction Design
JUNE 2019 - PRESENT
User Experience (UX) Design
Interaction Design Foundation