Verified Expert in Design
Coming from a transdisciplinary background, Leo believes empathy and data are the yin and gang of good design. He brings a balanced-yet-fresh approach to teams by inspiring creative problem-solving and applying modern documentation techniques. Leo's goal is to make an inevitably digital, efficiency-driven world work in favor of a mindful, people-centered whole. If your product calls for fun, health, or mindfulness—count him in.
Co-founder | Product Lead
- Worked for Quartzo, a co-op collaborative hub of developers, designers, and product folks. We love to invent meaningful products that enable positive change—if it's fun, healthy and mindful, we're in!
- Led the product squads to create products from scratch and tweak live ones by embedding ourselves into the client's structure.
- Conceived of digital products for clients that include engineering, healthcare tech, and fintech companies.
- Created the UX and UI for multiple clients' websites ranging from fashion brands to blockchain engineering, and biotech companies.
- Kickstarted several purpose-driven internal initiatives, including Avalue—the app that's teaching Brazilians about the produce they eat.
- Achieved a seven-figure revenue within the first nine months—while bootstrapping.
Lead Product Designer
Fortune 100 North American Construction Equipment Manufacturer
- Collaborated with my team in Chennai, India, to create a brand new product for advanced data insights.
- Worked closely with the product and business teams to come up with innovative solutions for in-the-field data visualization.
- Led the charge to rethink the team's workflow, by bringing in documentation best practices and fine-tuning how team members connect and communicate.
- Created work that elicited the following colleague's quote: "Your work has always been inspiring for us. You have set the bars high and I hope we will be able to keep up." - Shabir Ahmed.
Visual and UX/UI Designer
- Created images and motion graphics for social media content and ads.
- Worked with the marketing team to create and optimize ads, landing pages, and the nurturing strategies for multiple clients.
- Developed visual identities for multiple companies from various segments with strict deadlines.
Certificate in Interaction Design
University of California, San Diego - (Online)
Bachelor's Degree in Design and Applied Arts
Juiz de Fora Federal University - Juiz de Fora, Brazil