New York, NY, United States
Member since May 23, 2018
Louisa is an experienced UX designer and researcher in product and service design for health, education, business intelligence, and other industries. She is skilled in UX design, user research, concept and strategy, information architecture, usability testing, and visual design. Louisa cares about why people do things, how they can do those things better, and what we can all do to care for each other, have more fun, and get more out of life.
- Principal User Experience Designer and Researcher2015 - PRESENTL3A UX Studio
- Co-founded L3A UX Studio with one other designer.
- Provided research, strategy, and design services to a wide range of clients. Recent projects include a patient data-collection app for a cannabis testing laboratory, the overhaul of a suite of enterprise apps and SaaS products for an ethics and compliance training company, and a LiveChat solution for a Fortune 500 beauty company.
- Information Architect and User Experience Designer Consultant2009 - 2015Armbrust Design
- Worked for clients including rock bands, a social network-based education company, a pharmaceutical ad agency, and non-profit arts groups.
- Created websites, tablet-based digital sales applications, and web applications.
- Designed digital assets for ad campaigns.
- Produced designs and oversaw the production of t-shirts, novelty items, and other merchandise for a variety of campaigns, from band concert tours and album releases to corporate conference booths.
- Lead User Experience Designer2012 - 2013CFY
Technologies: Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, Adobe Suite, JIRA
- Served as the Information Architect, User Experience Designer and Graphic Designer covering all of the design needs relating to the free online education platform powermylearning.org.
- Promoted to Lead User Experience Designer and Art Director in 2013, responsible for creating and leading a design team in the complete overhaul of the web application.
- Web Designer and Art Director2010 - 2012Paracadute
Technologies: Adobe Suite, Omnigraffle & Balsamiq, Basecamp
- Created websites, banners and ad campaigns for the record label’s bands including OK Go, Lavender Diamond, Pyramids, and Infinity Shred.
- Art Director2008 - 2009Scholastic
Technologies: Adobe Suite, Dreamweaver
- Contributed to an initiative between Scholastic and the U.S. Census 2010 to create classroom materials in both English and Spanish targeted to meet national education standards.
- Master's degree in Fine Art2000 - 2001Goldsmiths College - London, United Kingdom
- Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Art1999 - 2000Goldsmiths College - London, United Kingdom
- Bachelor's degree in Studio Art & French1990 - 1994Colorado College - Colorado