Verified Expert in Design
A multidisciplinary designer specializing in UX and product design, Ludwig has helped clients produce customer-centric experiences for over 13 years. He creates engaging, user-friendly, and viable solutions by leveraging business insights and customer needs. Having worked in various industries and with diverse project management methodologies, Ludwig is a qualified designer pursuing a career driven by curiosity and a constant quest for new challenges.
Two Birds One Loan
Senior Product Designer
- Revamped the onboarding process on both the web and app platforms, ensuring a contemporary, brand-appropriate user experience.
- Played a key role in the development of a custom content management system, applying the Double Diamond model for effective implementation.
- Enhanced teachers' ability to monitor student progress through 1:1 sessions and interactive prototypes.
- Led condensed design sprint workshops with the team to efficiently improve existing features.
Senior UX/UI Design Lead
- Oversaw the end-to-end customer journey, provided UI support and UX guidance to multiple teams, and contributed to an AOV increase of 130% and more than 62% CVR over my three years assignment.
- Led the usability testing program, conducted schedule and planning sessions, provided briefs and advanced prototypes to UX researchers, and attended sessions as a viewer and note taker. I also handled stakeholder management and follow-up.
- Redesigned the entire journey, produced several prototypes for usability purposes, and developed solutions for numerous A/B tests, acting as a checkout's lead designer.
- Headed and managed a team of three designers who reported directly to me, handling weekly one-on-one sessions, performance reviews, and mentorship.
- Created a design system based on an Atomic Design approach and collaborated closely with a development team to build design tokens and enhance the process.
Senior UX/UI Designer
- Designed an intranet for Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre in Melbourne based on employee insights and feedback.
- Refreshed five government-related websites with a mobile-first design after identifying which resolution had the most traffic.
- Worked on the Cardburry Australian website's reskin, ran market research, and benchmarked to optimize the shopping bag page.
- Held workshops on workflow improvements, design tools, and trends for the agency's designers.
Senior UX/UI Designer
- Improved My Account's user experience and conducted usability testing and research, leading to cohesive functionality.
- Enhanced the Bet History page based on user insights and competitor analysis and applied multiple UI treatments to reduce cognitive load and improve critical functionality.
- Reimagined and created a comprehensive style guide, following Material Design guidelines, to streamline developer handoffs and improve designers' workflow.
- Conducted workshops and training sessions for a team of ten designers on the best use of Sketch components and library, enhancing the team's productivity and efficiency.
- Supported the UX facilitator during user sessions by taking notes and doing design changes on the go.
Senior UI Designer
- Improved the effectiveness of Jetstar Airways' main site navigation by identifying the most common interactions and building an intuitive interface.
- Revamped many components, including new features and widgets, while working closely with the UX design team.
- Optimized baggage-specific page layouts and features for the Japanese site based on cultural preferences and user feedback.
- Refined the entire Match Center, the main platform for live scores, stats, team information, and news. It involved a layout refresh, visual weight, new features, and animations.
- Organized clear and consistent information through all resolutions.
- Developed a pattern library to simplify designers' work by listing, categorizing, and streamlining user interface information.
- Headed a successful iterative design process sustained by thorough benchmarking, user feedback and reviews, and data analysis.
- Created interactive designs for complex interfaces and provided harmonized user-centered flows based on design principles.
- Designed a digital style guide to improve the communication gap between design and development departments.
- Developed a modular design approach based on the Bootstrap framework to optimize different devices' usage, including desktops, tablets, and mobile phones.
Senior UX/UI Designer
BNP Paribas Fortis
- Acted as the lead designer for the Home on the Spot loan calculator app, handling concept, branding, user journey, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Created concepts, prototypes, and designs for retail and private portfolio management on mobile and tablet apps.
- Designed more than 100 heading banners using Photoshop to create realistic photomontages under the brand guidelines.
- Conducted user research and usability testing and iterated based upon data inputs.
- Delivered a cross-brand style guide, first in a digital format, then as an online version based on the Material Design example, which gave developers extensive documentation.
- Conceived a logo and branding for the in-house customer experience team.
- Assisted the graphic design team in making their season and school photo catalogs. More than 200 catalogs were produced over six months.
- Retouched pictures, created layouts and infographics, and arranged posters and flyers.
- Created multiple icons in line with the company brand guidelines.
Web and Graphic Designer
- Managed everything from campaign posters to websites for well-known companies such as Absolut Vodka, Perrier, Isuzu, and Vittel.
- Worked as a front-end developer for multiple websites and occasionally did back-end work to create full WordPress CMS from scratch.
- Created multiple icons and illustrations for various clients.
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring