Luis Machado Vaz
Verified Expert in Design
Luis fulfills many roles in his life: father, surfer, founder and designer of Canvaz Design Studio, and also as a judge for the CSS Design Awards. He loves to dedicate his time, creativity, and expertise to projects that represent real value and experiences for users—apps that provide and solve real needs. He has a special connection with anything sports-related, but he can't say no to a real challenge.
Adrian Peterson iPhone App (NFL)
Founder | Product Desinger
Canvaz Design Studio
- Designed mobile apps for both Android and iOS—focusing on the user experience and interfaces and the traction.
- Released internal apps and products—worked through all stages of these lifecycles that allowed an overall understanding of go to market strategies and growth hacking and user traction/retention.
- Created designs for connected devices that allow an in-depth understanding of the data visualization and valuable information (mostly on sports).
- Researched on the future of design with case studies on UX/UI experiences—focusing on invisible design, car UI, sports tech, fintech, and educational products.
STACK Media, Inc.
- Designed mobile and web apps for professional athletes and coaches.
- Created designs for the mobile, web, and watch apps for Asics Circuit training.
- Made the Apple TV app design for Stack.com.
- Designed interactive product placements for brands like Asics, Nike, Gatorade, and New Balance.
Co-founder | Product Owner
- Designed the mobile app for a news aggregator service.
Co-founder | Lead Designer
- Designed a SaaS for the B2B and B2C internal products.
- Created the digital design strategies for product release.
- Organized events.
- Designed websites for multiple clients.
Art Director (Internship)
- Led the art direction.
- Developed and fleshed out concepts.
- Directed photoshoots.
- Created campaigns.
Post Graduate Degree in Multimedia
Alquimia da Cor - Porto, Portugal
Bachelor's Degree in Advertising
Universidade Fernando Pessoa - Porto, Portugal
Interaction Design Foundation
Alquimia da Cor