Verified Expert in Design
Malcolm is a motion designer and 3D generalist with over 15 years of production experience across various digital mediums. He utilizes design, animation, and creative technologies to enhance marketing material, communications, product features, and interface elements.
Senior Motion Designer
- Led the marketing creative team's efforts on all motion design and video projects. Took a hands-on approach with scripting, storyboarding, asset creation, and animation.
- Streamlined productions, reviews, and approvals by defining and establishing effective processes. This allowed all involved team members and stakeholders to operate at their best efficiencies.
- Increased the overall production quality, which led to increased views, market attention, and improved sales support assets.
Director | 3D, Motion Design, and VFX
- Acted as the head of production for the studio's motion design, 3D animation, and interactive projects.
- Researched and developed prototypes using the latest interactive and production technologies, such as Unity and AR.
- Led post-production teams on visual effects projects. Acted as a VFX supervisor and compositing lead on a Nike Running campaign.
- Oversaw the 3D production pipeline for asset creation on the award-winning interactive storybook series Bramble Berry Tales.
Director | Strategy and Experience Design
- Designed and produced motion graphics, web videos, and 3D animations for clients.
- Led tradeshow and live event visual content strategy and experience design.
- Brought in several RFP projects from the Alberta government (CCS) and large clients such as Wood and AMEC.
3D and Motion Designer
- Designed and animated 2D and 3D visualizations for tradeshows and websites.
- Built interactive Flash animations for the web and live events.
- Created mechanism of action videos for numerous pharmaceutical companies.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Product Design, and Development
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) - Calgary, AB, Canada
Diploma in Visual Effects and Digital Animation
The Art Institute of Vancouver - Vancouver, Canada