Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Member since November 24, 2016
For over the past 13 years, Uzair has been honing his skills in the disciplines of design (UI/UX and interaction). He has designed for some of the best companies on the planet including Toyota, Sony, CAT, Lexus, Honda, and Acura. His work has been featured across many websites and won prestigious awards such as the Webby Awards and App Design UK. He also has a master's degree in aesthetic philosophy and a diploma in digital arts.
- UX Consultant2015 - 2017Dubai Health Authority
Technologies: InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, iOS, Android, Web Applications
- Collaborated with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience.
- Executed all the visual design stages from concept to the final hand-off to engineering.
- Conceptualized original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Created wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Presented and defended designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Established and promoted design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Principal Software Consultant – UX2014 - 2015TRG
- Designed the information architecture, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Established the design guidelines for user-centered design in accordance with client needs and best UX practices.
- Worked on the entire design life cycle from first identifying usability and UX problems, researching user needs, analyzing expectations, generating solutions, implementing prototyping, performing user testing, and evaluating the outcomes.
- Worked as a visual designer to develop responses to communication problems; including understanding of hierarchy, typography, aesthetics, composition, and construction of meaningful imagery.
- Interviewed candidates—fostering a collaborative culture.
- Trained junior members on design and UX strategy.
- Manager (Design and UX)2006 - 2014Ephlux
- Acted as the head of the digital agency and designed for many international clients and brands including Sony, Philips, Disney, CAT, NatWest, and Gibson Guitars.
- Held 3 position in my 8 years there: senior designer, lead designer, and head of design and UX.
- Translated design requirements to the clients and team members.
- Managed the day-to-day tasks of a cross-disciplinary team of writers, illustrators, designers, and developers.
- Hired members, fostered a collaborative culture, established milestones, and provided training.
- Identified usability and UX problems, researched user needs, analyzed expectations, generated solutions, prototyped solutions, conducted user testing, and evaluated outcomes.
- Working as a front-end developer to develop websites and application in various languages, CMSs, and frameworks including HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Sass, Bootstrap, and WordPress.
- Working as a visual designer to develop responses to communication problems—including an understanding of hierarchy, typography, aesthetics, composition, and construction of meaningful imagery.
- Senior Designer2004 - 2006AMZ Access
- Developed the front-ends of websites and applications in various languages, CMSs, and frameworks (HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, SASS, Bootstrap, and WordPress).
- Acted as a visual designer to develop responses to communication problems which required the understanding of hierarchy, typography, aesthetics, composition, and construction of meaningful imagery.
- In progress Master of Liberal Arts degree in Digital Media Design2018 - 2020Harvard University - Cambridge, MA, USA
- Master's degree in Philosophy (Art and Aesthetics)2013 - 2014University of Karachi - Karachi, Pakistan
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce (Business and Economics)2004 - 2008St. Patricks College - Karachi, Pakistan
- Diploma in Digital Arts2002 - 2005CIT - Karachi, Pakistan
- Certificate in Object-oriented Programming through Java2001 - 2002CIT - Karachi, Pakistan
- Certificate in Information Technology2000 - 2001CIT - Karachi, Pakistan