Verified Expert in Design
Raf is a highly skilled UI/UX designer and Illustrator with 13+ years of experience working with diverse companies, including renowned industry leaders such as MIT, Deloitte, and Schneider Electric. With a proven track record of solving intricate design challenges, Raf has collaborated with numerous startups across the US and Europe to develop cutting-edge digital products that have garnered significant attention from venture capitalists and achieved widespread user adoption on a global scale.
Psyche Likee PFP NFT
Wanna Play iOS App | UX & UI
- Created high-fidelity, customizable designs for the mini-golf app, ensuring adaptability for a variety of mini-golf venues and emphasizing user-friendly navigation.
- Applied mobile web design expertise to upgrade the platform for optimal mobile interactions, significantly enhancing user accessibility and engagement.
- Designed an engaging user interface for the mini-golf app, blending intuitive design elements with customizable features to enhance the overall user experience.
Si Hyun Wei
- Led a productive brainstorming session to generate innovative feature ideas for the app, fostering creativity and novel concepts.
- Developed comprehensive user personas and flows, ensuring a deep understanding of the user journey and needs.
- Conducted market research on existing sustainability apps, analyzing their tone, features, and offerings. Leveraged this data to formulate alternative proposals that stood out from the competition.
- Worked as part of the UI/UX design team for MetaEngine's digital assets marketplace, aimed specifically at game developers. My work involved enhancing the user journey from browsing to purchasing game assets.
- Designed robust and user-friendly upload assets flow for artists to contribute to the marketplace, considering the diverse range of asset types such as 3D/2D models, sound, music, plugins, templates, VCX, etc.
- Presented design drafts and prototypes to stakeholders, collecting and incorporating feedback for iterative improvements.
- Audited the current design and identified where users were getting lost and frustrated with their journey.
- Proposed design solutions to make the user's experience in the app more intuitive and less uncertain. Created prototypes of the proposed solutions.
- Prepared user interviews and corresponding guidelines and documentation so the client could conduct user testing (from the questionnaires and consent forms to camera angles, environment setting, and how to conduct the interviews).
- Iterated based on real user feedback and analysis.
- Illustrated a collection of 30 animal characters with interchangeable traits that could be randomized to create new PFP NFTs (personal profile picture non-fungible token).
- Illustrated a second collection of 50 human characters.
- Collaborated with the art director to create and polish characters, eliminating friction when the characters were randomized in the generator.
Mobile UX/UI Designer for Self-guided Tours Mobile App
- Reviewed the current app and assessed and established goals to be achieved with the app redesign (mainly usability and scalability).
- Redesigned the app's structure focusing on user retention.
- Redesigned the user interface (visual) to be seamless and invisible.
Witco (ex MonBuilding)
- Collaborated alongside the Witco team to design the white label MVP to raise funds from investors.
- Designed a scalable, module-based system for the platform, which allowed us the flexibility to adjust our product to fit each client's needs, depending on the business, number of buildings, companies, and users each client had.
- Worked on areas of the platform based on client feedback, testing, and iterating design solutions as the platform grew and we attracted more clients.
- Performed the initial research, created wireframes, and laid out the information architecture for native (specializing in iOS) and web applications.
- Designed the user interface for mobile applications for iOS and Android.
- Created websites and landing pages for multiple clients.
- Constructed logos and created brand guidelines for multiple clients.
- Worked on illustrations for the web and created storyboards.
- Created dynamic and scalable design systems that clients can continue to use and evolve.
UI Designer (Tablet and Mobile App Redesign)
VisualBlasters LLC (via Toptal)
- Completed the redesign of a frame-by-frame animation app for iOS and Android. Used Atomic design principles.
- Worked on improving the UX and suggested alternative approaches to issues in the previous versions. To test the different options, I provided quick prototypes, allowing us to decide on the best solution.
- Designed a set of custom icons to be used within the app.
- Designed the Messapps brand and all its assets, including business cards, Keynote presentations, merchandising, and the website.
- Conducted a workshop on mobile UI design to students at the New York University Stern School of Business.
- Created multiple mobile and tablet applications for iOS and Android, from initial wireframes to the delivery of final assets to developers. I also created the brand identity, website, and landing page for most projects.
- Managed and was accountable for the Hispanic clientele within the US.
- Hired, trained, and coordinated the South American creative team. We were a fully remote team back in 2010.
- Organized and assigned project schedules to the South American design team.
- Conducted research and content creation for our campaigns and websites in English and Spanish.
- Created pitch presentations for new potential clients together with the design team.
Bachelor's Degree with Honors in Advertising
Universidad Argentina de la Empresa - Buenos Aires, Argentina
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring