Verified Expert in Design
Rami works independently with SMEs and startups worldwide to design and build new brands and visual systems. When tackling multidisciplinary design challenges, he takes his strategic thinking beyond visuals. Since 2014, Rami has been working with ad agencies, product designers, and other clients to create impactful campaigns and pitches for major global brands like Samsung, Toyota, Vodaphone, Ooredoo telecom, Johnnie Walker, McDonald's, Qatar Foundation, and Redbull.
Senior Brand and Visual Designer
- Rebranded a hospital for its 50th anniversary. This included strategy work on naming and positioning, logo and brand guideline design, brand assets, and overlooking production processes.
- Built an eCommerce brand from the ground up that sells t-shirts and accessories. I designed the visual identity, online platform, t-shirts, and social media posts.
- Commissioned by agencies like JWT, McCann, Publicis, Interesting Times, and Drive Dentsu to work on pitches for brands such as Ooredo, Vodaphone, Johnnie Walker, McDonald's, and Qatar Foundation.
- Deployed by agencies to contribute to the creation of branding exercises for Red Bull and Red Bull Mobile.
Branding and WordPress Designer
Premier Cancer Care and Infusion Center
- Developed a sound brand strategy through questions and discussions with the founding oncologists and their business consultants. We collaborated on naming exercises and positioning the brand within its target market.
- Created a strategy that became the driver for the logo design process. I developed a color palette and defined a rational design system. I also designed the signage for the center and some basic marketing collateral.
- Designed a website and crafted all the copy for it. We started by organizing the structure and information and defining CTA's and the website's main purpose. I worked on a high-resolution prototype in Figma before proceeding to development.
- Worked closely with a talented website developer from Toptal. This was essential to deploying a successful site.
- Partnered closely with the client to realign their brand strategy with their new business objectives, all within a challenging timeline. Created a comprehensive action plan to accomplish this goal.
- Revamped the logo and visual identity by updating design elements while preserving brand equity and staying relevant to reflect the company's evolving values, mission, and market position.
- Redesigned the website to align with the new product offerings and updated visual identity. Collaborating closely with the client, I applied industry best practices to create a visually appealing and easy-to-navigate website that met their goals.
- Worked with the client within a constrained timeframe to produce advertisements for LinkedIn.
- Undertook copywriting duties and ensured that the tone of voice was consistent with the brand.
- Provided the completed mini animations for the advertisements that I had designed.
Senior Brand Designer
- Designed compelling case studies for offline and online use for a renewable energy service provider, including mobile-ready web pages that house them as resources.
- Created presentation deck templates with guidelines and instructions to simplify the process for internal teams.
- Conducted visual fine-tuning of existing digital brand assets.
- Created website designs for desktop and mobile that were ready for development.
- Led the rebranding of a local bank. Redesigned the visual identity and brand assets. Contributed to the marketing team working on campaign visuals and activations.
- Oversaw the design of a quarterly magazine and art directing photoshoots for a commercial fashion brand. This included a lot of coordination and planning to align multiple parties.
- Collaborated with the marketing team that was designing advertising campaign assets for Toyota in the Middle East.
American University of Science and Technology
- Taught typography to first-year design students. Our discussions revolved around the history of type as well as observation and application of typographic systems in our daily lives.
- Served on multiple juries assessing the work of graduating students.
- Worked with students on exercises that increased their understanding of typographic design and its importance in visual communication.
Art Director and Designer
- Worked on the team that branded Roya TV in Jordan. This included art directing motion graphics and creating visual identities for TV shows.
- Designed campaign assets and visuals for "Just Falafel," a leading fast-food chain in the UAE back then.
- Provided logo design for regional businesses in the Middle East.
Master's Degree in Design
University of Gothenburg - Gothenburg, Sweden
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Fine Arts & Digital Media
University of Kentucky - Lexingont, KY