Sara Vilas Santiago
Verified Expert in Design
Sara has worked with over 100 multinational corporations, mostly in the financial sector. She specializes in enterprise product design and design leadership. Sara is always up for a challenge and ready to both help you with strategic decisions as well as going full hands-on for your design needs.
A Platform for Insurance Brokers
A Platform for Employee Performance
Design Leadership Forum Member
- Supported the mission of this initiative by InVision which is to advance the practice of design leadership by fostering a community where the worlds best can learn from one another in-person and online.The Forum strives to be inclusive and relevant to those confronting the challenges of leading design teams.
Freelance Design Lead
- Led the design for complex interfaces.
- Specialized on B2B, internal tools, complex interfaces, and workflows; including product design, responsive, mobile app (iOS, Android), and web apps.
- Mostly worked in fintech, healthtech, and education fields.
Head of Curriculum and Mentorship
- Set up a scalable and metrics-driven system to manage the performance, growth, and life cycle of 400+ remote mentors across the world.
- Established a team and processes to drive the mentorship operations and community initiatives including helping the company grow by managing the capacity growth methodically and creating a support network that empowers these mentors (professional designers and design leaders) to work better with students and develop leadership skills.
- Perform market research to strategize and prioritize online creative education initiatives. Analyzed over 5 years of data to understand what are the courses and course elements that were more valuable to Designlab's students. Improved the product based on those learnings and started revising existing courses.
Mentor (UX and UI)
- Mentored students through their UX Academy Bootcamp (480h).
- Helped students understand the different phases of UX as well as its different deliverables and where and why to use each one of them.
- Aided students in solidifying their concepts with capstone projects in which I act as a creative director setting a briefing with them and monitoring the progress of the project as well as pushing for the highest quality possible.
- Coached students through their day-to-day challenges through the program, but also regarding their career changes and career search topics.
- Worked together with the Designlab internal team to improve the mentors' and students' experience.
- Worked with over 100 multinational corporations, mainly in the financial sector with their digital transformation projects. I helped them from strategic decisions all the way down to pixel-perfect final deliverables.
- Worked on very complex interfaces including retail banking, business banking (SMEs and corporate), private banking, intranets and employee portals, automotive financial platforms, and insurance portals.
- Built two teams and processes to make those teams work together, gain ownership, but at the same time keep consistency. This included setting up a complex design system across different products and platforms.
- Created innovative concepts, demos, and products that were award-winning in FinTech events such as Finovate.
- Led workshops and sessions with multi-disciplinary teams to get to the right solution: desirable, feasible, and viable.
- Worked as a brand manager also—striving for a long-lasting unique impression on customers and employees to improve sales and market share.
Travel Agent | Graphic Designer
Bru & Bru Exclusive Travel Designer
- Design customized and luxurious trips from inbound to space travel.
- Presented and created conceptual proposals to clients.
- Negotiated with suppliers and B2B relationship management.
- Created the documentation for each trip including quotations, booking details, tickets, personalized plans and guides, and extra information.
- Crafted the internal design for marketing and sales purposes.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Business Administration
University of Alicante - Alicante, Spain
Certificate in Leading for Creativity by Tim Brown
IDEO U - Online
Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design
Alicante's Art School - Alicante, Spain
Bachelor's Degree in Tourism
University of Alicante - Alicante, Spain
Leaders of Learning
Harvard University | edX
Leading for Creativity by Tim Brown
Growth-Driven Design Certification