Verified Expert in Design
Sushumna is a multidisciplinary designer with a decade of experience as an end-to-end UX Designer. Her contributions have been awarded and appreciated across domains—branding and marketing, employee management in corporate IT, safety industries, cyber security, and government projects. Sushumna believes that user needs, business needs, and technology considerations should work together for success. She helps stakeholders manage through her excellent UX and UI skills in complex product systems.
UX Executive Designer
- Liaised with design team members, business, technical team, and stakeholders to co-design, collaborate, and project timelines. Used various research methodologies: surveys, ethnographic studies, user interviews, gap analysis, and competitor analysis.
- Documented user stories, personas, and service blueprints to align with business and user needs to map future MVPs and product roadmaps. Facilitated other design squad members to develop UI flows sitemaps as per branding guidelines.
- Detailed documentation of research insights, business and governance alignment, and policies. Guided and influenced government stakeholders constructively to build relationships, future product roadmaps, and UX research (UXR) methods.
- Received appreciation from a government client's project manager for excellent presentation skills and final delivery.
- Liaised with the product management team, data analysts, customer support, business, accountant, and tech development team to understand the current and future knowledge of the product roadmap.
- Understood competitors, cyber security tech, research data, and user profiles; designed systems in Figma to develop UI flows for Labs and Competition aligning to Assessor.
- Advocated UXR methods constructively to build more robust and cohesive product suites using information architecture thinking than just UI flows with sitemaps and process flows of the user management system.
University of Canberra
- Worked as a research assistant for an academic paper, "Visual Design for Pandemic," which was initiated from a design exploration project to understand the visual design icon, imagery, visual patterns, typography, and use of artifacts.
- Helped build survey questions and research strategy; collaborated with Australian and Korean researchers or professors for the paper.
- Initiated the project from a class assignment project, which became a research paper.
Senior UX/Product Designer
- Worked on multiple initiatives and as a UX strategist on BluTag 360 Data Logger in safety industries. Liaised with industrial designers, development and tech team, marketing, project team, and IoT cloud tech team to create new business initiatives.
- Facilitated workshops, contextual inquiry, desktop research, heuristics evaluation, and client knowledge, then communicated user insights through journey maps, personas, and user stories which helped define the product roadmap.
- Created UI mockups per Honeywell branding and validated them with technical or industrial designers to define the product MVP. Understood enterprise management, cloud platform user accounts, database, data security, subscriptions, and product value.
- Worked as a researcher and interaction designer for complex 13-module matrix-based windows and led heuristic research, complex reporting for a Honeywell logistics 18-module app, and employee experience during spin-off.
- Received internal Honeywell award for the above and beyond category.
Senior Visual Designer | UX Architect
- Operated as an individual contributor for IBM Kenexa branding services management with US and UK teams during a merger.
- Understood the current state of the PartnerWorld website with heuristics research; developed a quick prototype of the ideal website to understand UX investment.
- Used contextual inquiry, client knowledge, heuristics, sitemaps, content SEO, wireframes, and visual prototypes to validate and check the accessibility (PTC website).
- Collaborated on mobile and web apps with the IBM experience design team for visual design deliverables.
- Developed detailed sitemaps, role-based and action-based task analysis, content sorting methods in excel, and quick prototyping with developers for an Authorized Program Analysis Records (APARs) application (ID management).
- Performed as a hands-on visual designer for top-tier luxurious global brands in India like Tata, Carat Lane, and Bengaluru International Airport (BIAL) on video, print, and digital media projects.
- Worked with developers to create, design, and update web pages for vendor clients and complex websites, managing their stock and product listings; designed various visual assets, banners, and GIF animation.
- Created many different visual or graphic design assets.
Master's Degree in Design Strategy
University of Canberra - Canberra, Australia