Los Angeles, CA, United States
Member since January 19, 2016
Young is a systematic thinker and a problem solver. He focuses on user-centric design, but is always looking to push the boundaries and try something new. He has experience working in both small digital agencies and top global digital advertising agencies like Razorfish Global, working with brands like Honda/Acura and Google. His work with PBS as art director recently won a 2016 Revere Award from the Association of American Publishers.
- Freelance Art Director2016 - 2016Bartle Bogle Hegarty
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign
- Strategized and designed a visual language for Google hardware and software offerings at Best Buy retail stores and online stores.
- Solved a visual language issue of how to depict Google Chromecast for the casual viewer by implementing photos and icons in a visually comprehensible way.
- Senior Designer2014 - 2016Razorfish
Technologies: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, InDesign
- Designed campaign websites and landing pages.
- Created social media campaigns, providing art direction and photography styling.
- Updated Acura.com for new car releases, designing new experiences while maintaining brand guidelines.
- Helped ideate and design interactive experiences for the 2016 NSX release.
- Edited video and created motion graphics for Acura web videos.
- Art Director2012 - 2014OIC (Objective Integrated Communications)
Technologies: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Cinema 4D, Maya
- Led major re-branding efforts for websites of brands such as Plantronics, Wells Fargo, and Videology.
- Created concept designs for digital experiences with browser-responsive technology that included banner ads, emails, and websites.
- Pitched new work to clients and served as a valuable communicator in client reviews.
- Acted as the art director for web videos that included live action and animation for Plantronics.
- Designed campaign-specific websites for Plantronics ("All-day Worker") and for Wells Fargo ("Environmental Forum").
- Freelance Designer2010 - 2010Inhance Digital
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Maya, Cinema 4D
- Designed interactive iPad apps for the client, Exxon Mobil.
- Designer/Animator2009 - 2009Bonnie Brae
Technologies: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects
- Created style sheets for music videos.
- Created visual effects for music videos.
- Animated and designed opening sequences for short films.
- Ideated and designed motion branding and identities for musical acts and short films.
- Helped write and create content for pitch decks.
- Designer2008 - 2009Yuru
Technologies: Photoshop, Illustrator, Final Cut Pro, InDesign
- Created infographics as an in-house designer for a health-driven social media start-up.
- Designed a corporate identity for video branding.
- Filmed and edited short videos for social media.
- Designed print materials for marketing collateral.
- Ideated concepts while working with strategists for compelling visual content.
- Master's degree in Design2009 - 2011School of Visual Arts - New York
- Bachelor's degree in Studio Art, English2001 - 2005University of California, Irvine - Irvine, California