Country Group Controller
2013 - 2014
CRH Europe Products & Distribution
- Supported €2.0 billion division CEO and various country CEOs in a matrix organization. I was responsible for a division cluster of three platforms in three countries with a manufacturing footprint focused on concrete and clay assets with sales of over €0.8 billion.
- Led a Europe-wide cross-functional working capital project which led to a €40+ million reduction in working capital across the division. This included making the case for change, creating urgency, creating practical self-assessment tools, encouraging competition, and focusing on poor performers.
- Led a post-acquisition M&A review which resulted in a €0.4 billion impairment for the division (Europe products).
- Actively reviewed valuation models and helped with post-acquisition integration for a mid size manufacturing acquisition in Belgium.
- Worked with Benelux CEO and McKinsey as part of a strategic review within a wider divisional portfolio review.
- Represented the financial voice of the division in review meetings with the divisional CEO.
- Assisted operating company and country management with major capital expenditure and restructuring proposals with cross-functional input from plant managers, sales directors, and operating company CEOs.
- Provided hands-on support of company finance directors/controllers (e.g., helping with root cause analysis or coaching around the numbers).
Focus areas: IFRS Financial Reporting, Cash Flow Management, Team Leadership, Operations, Business Planning, Logistics, Project Management, Supply Chain Management (SCM), Monthly, Quarterly, & Annual Close Procedures, Supply Chain Management, Distribution, Supply Chain Optimization, Three-statement Modeling, Control & Cost Analysis, Cash Flow Analysis, Cost Cutting, Sales Operations, M&A (Sell-side), M&A (Buy-side), M&A Modeling, Macroeconomic Forecasting, Large-scale Turnaround & Transformation, Merger Integration, Market Research, Revenue & Expense Projections, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Valuation, Cross-border M&A, Three Statement Operating Model, Financial Modeling, Business Consultants, Cash Flow Consultant, Financial Forecasting, Executive Presentations, Board Reporting, Board Presentations, Board of Directors, Board Decks, Culture Development, Scenarios, Investment Return Scenario Analysis, Scenario Analysis, Corporate Controller, Financial Controlling, Controlling, Controllership, Controller, Cost Control, Fixed Costs, Cross-cultural Management, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Transformational Leadership, Leadership Development, Leadership, Change Management, Divestitures, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Rolling Forecasts, Forecasting, Sales Forecast Management, Trend Forecasting, Market Research & Analysis, Annual Budgets, Budget Modeling, Budget Management, Budgeting, Cost Reduction & Optimization, Consolidated Reporting, IFRS Consolidation, Independent Business Reviews, Analytical Review, Operations Reviews, Mentorship & Coaching, Executive Coaching, Project Lifecycle, Project Planning, Project Delivery, Project Tracking, Projects, Finance Strategy, Talent Strategy, Company Strategy, Sales Strategy, Strategy Planning, Strategy, Financial Asset Impairment Models, CAPEX, CAPEX Budgeting & Inventory Management, Inventory Management, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Projected Cash Flow, Cash Flow Forecasting, Cash Flow, Cash Flow Modeling, Working Capital Management, Institutional Investors, Investor Presentations, Investor Relations, Investor Reporting, Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Monthly Close Process, Accounting, Quarterly, Monthly, Turnaround Management, Plant Accounting, Restructuring, Portfolio Optimization, Portfolio Analysis