Principal2017 - PRESENTMy Interim CFO Kft
Focus areas: International Finance, Interim CFO, Operational Finance
- Provided interim CFO support to Orica Mining Services Europe during a leadership transition.
- Upgraded the Orica finance leadership team, heading a significant recruitment effort and initiating an assessment of organizational skill gaps.
- Led an insurance claim process that led to the recovery of A$10 million arising from major manufacturing incident, coordinating a cross-functional team of five people and ensuring that all data was provided to the insurers, was compliant with the terms of the policy and had the appropriate support and back up.
CFO, EMEA2014 - 2016Orica
Focus areas: CFO, International Finance, Profitability Optimization, Profitability Analysis, Finance Transformation, Financial Reporting, Finance Strategy
- Led a thorough review of a 150-person EMEA finance organization, identifying shared service opportunities to provide efficiency and cost leverage, and creating a detailed plan to transition 80+ roles.
- Supported a business transformation with extensive regional profitability analysis and financial modeling, leading to the divestment of businesses in Western Europe and an increased focus on CIS and other emerging growth regions.
- Brought rigor to the monthly financial analytics by enhancing the variance analysis and improving commentary.
- Elevated the CFO role into a business partner and significantly improved the perception of the EMEA Finance team with Australian headquarters, driving increased engagement and focus on reporting accuracy and timeliness.
CFO, EMEA2012 - 2014GE Lighting
Focus areas: CFO, Operational Finance, Foreign Exchange (FX) Hedging, Financial System Implementation, Finance Operation Improvements, Finance Strategy, Finance Transformation
- Led a cross-functional business simplification project that identified and executed $15 million of cost reductions. Built a project team that represented the whole business, encouraged a collaborative pipeline of ideas from the business unit rather than handing out tops-down financial targets and generated a mix of short-term cost improvement initiatives and longer-term structural projects that included the rationalization of the company's presence in various regions.
- Provided financial leadership for the EMEA element of a $70 million global SAP implementation, resourcing the project team with best-in-class finance talent and instilling weekly project management rigor to track progress and resolve issues quickly.
- Led a 100-person centralized finance organization based in Budapest, providing financial support to all of the business operations in Europe and including all financial functions FP&A, controllership, tax, and treasury.
- Implemented a multicurrency balance sheet financial model that enabled the forecasting of non-functional currency balances and the placement of foreign exchange hedges leading to a 1,000% reduction in balance sheet foreign exchange volatility.
International Finance Manager2010 - 2012GE Corporate
Focus areas: International Finance, Budgeting, Foreign Exchange (FX) Hedging, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Implemented a reporting package to enhance visibility and transparency for quarterly financials and forecasts.
- Executed a foreign exchange strategy across 30 sites, incorporating 15 different functional currencies.
- Spearheaded a process to comply with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act across all sites ensuring the provision of training to finance team members, the completion of detailed questionnaires, and leveraging IT functionality to support data collection on vendors and contractors.
EMEA Controller2007 - 2010GE Corporate
Focus areas: International Finance, IFRS Adjustments, External Financial Reporting, Internal Audits, Control Audits, Management, Audits, Controller
- Owned the statutory compliance across 1,700 GE entities in 50 countries, successfully driving a ten-point improvement in compliance over a three-year period by raising the visibility of regulatory filings via the implementation of a dashboard, individual project plans to resolve aged open filings, and the implementation of a global policy for compliant statutory to U.S. GAAP reporting reconciliations.
- Managed an external auditor relationship across 1,000+ statutory audits for GE in Europe, successfully achieving a 10% reduction on a $40 million cost base via standardization of the audit rate card, the introduction of a formal process for escalating and approving audit overruns, and sharing best practice audit processes across businesses.
- Led cross-business IFRS conversions in Germany and Spain for 100+ legal entities, managing projects designed to drive consistency across all of the in-scope GE businesses.
Finance Manager, EMEA2005 - 2007GE Industrial Solutions
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Operational Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Profitability Analysis, Commercial Finance
- Supported the CEO in the transformation of loss-making business including leading a detailed operational review to determine product-line profitability, creating a financial model and providing recommendations regarding future strategic investments and divestments.
- Led the $50 million divestment of a non-core business segment creating a financial model to compare different scenarios and working with external advisors on sale documents and the bid process.
CFO, Pipeline Solutions2002 - 2005GE Oil & Gas
Focus areas: CFO, Purchase Price Adjustments, International Finance, Post-Merger Integration, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Led the integration of the finance function for a $500 million strategic acquisition by GE, establishing an activity checklist and tracking mechanisms, leading weekly reviews to manage progress, and mentoring the acquired finance team regarding GE values and culture.
- Ensured that the GE accounting and reporting routines were implemented and led the purchase accounting processes for acquired businesses.
- Partnered with the CEO to drive the achievement of challenging financial forecasts for acquired companies by implementing weekly operational tracking and forecasting tools ensuring the identification and resolution of any variances to financial targets.
Operations Finance Manager, EMEA2000 - 2002GE Lighting
Focus areas: Finance Process Improvement, Budgeting, Finance Operation Improvements, Operations Finance
- Provided finance leadership for a $500 million expense base, supporting nine manufacturing plants in Europe.
- Introduced an automated manufacturing financial reporting tool that led to a 50% improvement in the timing of the month end reporting cycle.
FP&A Manager, EMEA1996 - 2000GE Lighting
Focus areas: Budgeting, Cash Flow Forecasting, P&L Forecasting, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Led an FP&A team that managed all reporting, variance analysis, and forecasting for an $800 million P&L.
- Improved the accuracy and understanding of cash flow forecasting by assigning ownership of the balance sheet across a team of five financial analysts.