Freelance Mobile App Designer
About the job
Toptal freelancers work with speed and efficiency to deliver the highest quality of work. We are looking for someone who is passionate about their client’s business, and ready to work on exciting projects with Fortune 500 companies and Silicon Valley startups, with great rates and zero hassles. If you are looking for a place to advance your career, enhance your skill set, and build connections around the globe, Toptal is right for you.
Toptal is an exclusive network of top freelancers from around the world. Fortune 500 companies and Silicon Valley startups hire Toptal for their most important projects. Toptal is one of the fastest-growing fully remote networks and empowers freelance software developers, designers, finance experts, product managers, and project managers worldwide to grow and excel in their freelance careers.
Toptal clients vary in sizes and industries, from enterprise organizations and big tech companies to Silicon Valley startups and renowned universities. Once you enter the network, our matchers will contact you with project opportunities that fit your expertise and preferences. We have experts in over 120 countries who get to work remotely on projects that meet their career ambitions.
About the role
We are looking for a Mobile designer (independent contractor) that will work closely with the mobile product teams of multiple clients. Your primary goals will be to design the next generation of mobile websites, apps and other mobile interfaces across multiple platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows, and mobile web. We expect you to have an evolved understanding of how people use their devices, the flexibility to adapt to new technologies, and a robust toolkit.
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development
- Strong graphic design skills, with a good understanding of typography, intuitive layouts and palate development.
- A bachelor’s or higher degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction, cognitive science or related field. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Strong ability to recognize and predict use-cases and user interaction, including happy path, edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs.
- Excellent understanding of user-experience design for mobile and the web, technology trends, demonstrable design skills, and ability to show relevant work.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality designs to customers.
- A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Expert level skills in Photoshop, InvisionApp, UXPin and other relevant design tools.
- Deep understanding of Apple’s human interface design guidelines, Android design and other mobile platform designs, including Google’s material design.
- Experience with system architecture or leading a software team is a strong advantage
- Full-time availability is a strong advantage
Full Time (preferred)
Related Skills:UI DesignUX DesignProduct Design
Opportunities at Our Network
Remote UX Designer Job for eCommerce (Full-time)
We are looking for an eCommerce User Experience designer to translate requirements and wireframes into a brilliant design using our existing design aesthetic.
Remote UX Designer Job for K-12 Education Industry (Part-time)
We are a large company branching off to an exciting niche that will disrupt the K-12 education industry.
Remote Lead UX Designer Job for an Auto Company (Part-Time)
Automotive & Mobility
We’re a large international auto company looking to add a lead UX designer to our team.
Frequently Asked Questions
Clients and Jobs
Requirements For Joining
By clicking Sign up with LinkedIn, you agree to let Toptal store your LinkedIn profile.