Data Engineer – Full-time, Remote
About the job
Toptal freelancers work with speed and efficiency to deliver the highest quality of work. We are looking for someone who is passionate about their client’s business, and ready to work on exciting projects with Fortune 500 companies and Silicon Valley startups, with great rates and zero hassles. If you are looking for a place to advance your career, enhance your skill set, and build connections around the globe, Toptal is right for you.
Toptal is an exclusive network of top freelancers from around the world. Fortune 500 companies and Silicon Valley startups hire Toptal for their most important projects. Toptal is one of the fastest-growing fully remote networks and empowers freelance software developers, designers, finance experts, product managers, and project managers worldwide to grow and excel in their freelance careers.
Toptal clients vary in sizes and industries, from enterprise organizations and big tech companies to Silicon Valley startups and renowned universities. Once you enter the network, our matchers will contact you with project opportunities that fit your expertise and preferences. We have experts in over 120 countries who get to work remotely on projects that meet their career ambitions.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer that will work on the collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing of huge sets of data. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. You will also be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across the company.
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Management of Hadoop cluster, with all included services
- Ability to solve any ongoing issues with operating the cluster
- Proficiency with Hadoop v2, MapReduce, HDFS
- Experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Storm or Spark-Streaming
- Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, and Impala
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks, such as Flume
- Full-time availability is a strong advantage
Full Time (preferred)
Related Skills:PythonData ScienceSQLAPIs
Opportunities at Our Network
Data Warehouse Architect
Fitness & Wellness
We are a worldwide events company sponsoring athletic competitions in 30 countries.
R Algorithm Developer
We are a digital marketing agency utilizing social media data to bring our clients data-backed insights for marketing campaigns.
Chief Automation Engineer
Life Sciences & Healthcare
We are a healthcare startup using big data and machine learning to automate healthcare news.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does the screening process look like?
Why do I have to go through screening?
How long does the process take?
How does Toptal make money?
How much can I earn?
Does Toptal take a cut from the hourly rate I set?
How many projects can I take on at one time?
I have multiple skills and am interested in working on projects that can utilize the different skill sets
I’m interested in a new project but I don’t have the exact skill required.
Interested in this opportunity?