Verified Expert in Product Management
Alex is a results-orientated, data-driven leader who thrives at the intersection of business and technology. He combines a passion for engineering with solid business acumen and long-term thinking. Alex is an accomplished cross-functional leader who operates at all levels of an organization to deliver tangible results. He is currently leading a team of product managers, technical program managers, and business intelligence engineers to provide a global technology product.
- Advised early-stage startups through one-on-one mentoring, including a decentralized finance DAO startup accelerator and non-fungible tokens (NFT) project.
- Documented NFT technical requirements and created a launch program timeline.
- Created an investor pitch deck for a decentralized startup accelerator project.
Product Lead | Amazon Diagnostics
- Built a team of 13 business intelligence engineers, technical program managers, and product managers to launch a scalable COVID-19 testing solution.
- Defined the BI strategy and implemented operational, HR, and leadership dashboards for 150 users from MVP to scale-up across 21 regions across Europe, the UK, and Ireland.
- Led the annual planning and product roadmap for a new EU business.
Product Lead | Amazon International Retail
- Defined a new investment methodology with finance and product teams which optimized resource capacity by 13%. Efficiently allocated 39 engineering headcount (HC) across opportunities with a total entitlement of €2.1 billion contribution profit.
- Launched strategic planning sessions across five regional tech teams, identifying 2.5 software development engineering HC synergies, unified product roadmaps, and reduced redundancy.
- Recruited and promoted a team of four senior product managers and business intelligence engineers to scale a pan-EU supplier management program, which generated a €4.5 billion revenue in 2020.
- Managed the feature backlogs of global products that automated annual contract negotiations, customer support, marketing campaigns, and new SKU creation for over 40 thousand Amazon suppliers.
- Interviewed over 400 candidates across 19 Amazon businesses as an interview "bar raiser."
- Led 11 new software feature launches with inputs from global finance, product, engineering, and retail business teams based in London, Munich, Paris, Bangalore, and Seattle.
Senior Product Manager | International Retail
- Designed and launched an automated operations trouble-shooter that generated €8 million incremental revenue by reducing account manager effort by 50 hours per week ( around 10%).
- Launched ML-driven profitability management systems that captured a €20 million incremental profit.
- Created weekly, monthly, quarterly business reporting with a team of three analysts and successfully secured funding to create a four-person pan-EU business intelligence team.
Sales Team Leader and Vendor Recruitment | UK Retail
- Delivered €16 million (over 479% YOY) incremental revenue with top-quartile profitability by leading a team of seven vendor managers that recruited over 560 incremental suppliers.
- Promoted three vendor managers and grew direct reports by 50% with no regretted attrition through two annual review cycles.
- Invented training, reporting, and operational processes to scale from five to 30 HC in a year.
Senior Product Manager | MBA Intern
- Developed an SQL-based vendor deduplication algorithm, which led to €1.6 billion in revenue.
- Received a full-time offer to join the retail leadership development program (less than 25% of all interns).
- Automated 160 hours worth of manual effort by adding a new feature to a CRM system used by the sales team.
Senior Consultant | Deloitte Digital
- Managed three analysts to launch a big data workshop with governing council and public education leadership. Received press coverage from the Evening Standard newspaper. The event now occurs annually.
- Developed a Solvency II IT strategy for a multinational general insurance company that successfully allowed the client to meet FCA regulatory compliance requirements.
- Owned operational due diligence analysis for €747 million acquisition of FTSE100 UK retail bank.
- Modeled the resource costs for a 125 FTE, 18-month business transformation program that protected the client from €2 billion of Solvency II regulatory penalties.
COVID-19 Testing Technology for Amazon Employeeshttps://www.aboutamazon.com/news/operations/amazons-covid-19-testing-lab-processes-more-than-1-million-tests-for-front-line-employees
I built a team of 13 business intelligence engineers, technical program managers, and product managers to launch a scalable COVID-19 testing solution within six months. Initially for 60,000 users and then scaled up to more than 204,000 users.
The initiative included building a state-of-the-art testing lab in a matter of months. Soon after launching, the lab was processing thousands of tests per day and building an incremental capacity.
By October 2020, the lab was testing more than 700 employees an hour and then achieved the milestone of processing one million tests in January 2021.
Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
London Business School - London, UK
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Waterloo - Waterloo, Canada
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring