Verified Expert in Product Management
Andy loves to learn about customer problems and to solve them with modern technologies. For both small startups and large global corporations, Andy has led teams in product management, supply chain strategy, and technology consulting. Andy's built and scaled world-class product teams from 3 to 30 people and has successfully grown software businesses from $50,000 to $50 million in revenue. Andy is passionate about ensuring customer success and always strives for excellence.
Product Director and Product Lead
- Created a continuous innovation process for the Digital Innovation Americas team, which includes North and South America.
- Managed the product management team covering all digital products within Yara Americas.
- Led portfolio review process to analyze existing digital capabilities, understand goals and objectives, determine gaps, and create a roadmap to fill the gaps and achieve goals.
- Advised customers on spend management software solutions to help with buying decisions.
- Consulted with customers on invoice and tax compliance software solutions.
- Offered guidance to customers on strategic sourcing process and software solutions as they moved from traditional sourcing to electronic sourcing.
- Advised customers on product management best practices, helping develop product management processes and implementing software tools.
VP of Product Management
- Built a five-year product strategy and a one-year product roadmap, working with the executive team.
- Conducted market research sessions, interviewing over 50 customers and potential customers to determine the overall product direction.
- Designed and built the "Facilities Spend Index" to showcase ServiceChannel's depth of data and expertise, as seen here: https://servicechannel.com/facilities-spend-index/.
Head of Product
- Hired an entire product team of 12 made up of product managers, UX designers, business analysts, and QA analysts.
- Launched two artificial intelligence (AI) B2B enterprise products from idea to launch in under ten months. One was an AI-powered invoice audit product, and the other was an AI platform to enable customers to build their own AI audit models.
- Created product management processes and implemented tools to manage the product development process from idea to launch.
- Designed wireframes using Balsamiq and wrote stories using Jira.
- Developed the product strategy and quarterly roadmaps for each product, along with each product manager's objectives and key results (OKRs).
- Designed a data analytics module for managers to review team performance.
- Built an executive dashboard for high-level data analysis of time and cost savings.
Director of Product Management
- Managed two B2B enterprise software products in an Agile environment, specifically strategic sourcing and electronic invoicing products. Created and oversaw the product strategy and quarterly roadmaps.
- Led customer advisory boards to understand customer needs and obtain feedback on existing capabilities and future roadmap plans.
- Designed wireframes and user experience flows to share with customers and get feedback.
- Enabled internal sales, external partners, and solution consultant teams by creating sales guides, product presentations, training, and detailed customer case studies.
Director of Supply Chain Strategy
- Rolled out e-sourcing tools across a worldwide user base in less than two months, including software go-live, user training, and change management.
- Created a methodology for direct merchandise sourcing, which reduced direct costs by over $40 million annually.
- Developed order management and invoicing system, which improved efficiency by 67%.
- Established and oversaw processes for change management and training.
- Analyzed existing business processes and recommended areas where technology could improve efficiencies. Built a technology product roadmap for Gap's worldwide supply chain organization.
- Managed global consulting practice for Ariba Enterprise Sourcing: e-sourcing methodology development, running of e-sourcing events, software installation, and customization.
- Managed strategic sourcing projects for a variety of clients, including Agilent, Amgen, ChevronTexaco, Disney, ExxonMobil, General Dynamics, and Home Depot.
- Built technical and business training curriculum for e-sourcing.
- Trained clients and consulting firms on e-sourcing tools and methodologies.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) Invoice Audit Platformhttps://www.appzen.com/
Led the design, build, and rollout of an AI invoice audit platform in an agile environment in under six months.
I led the team in the ideation, design, build, and rollout of the invoice audit product by pulling a subset of the designers, engineers, and QA into a separate "war room" so that we could iterate very quickly. I managed 11 beta launch partners as we launched this new product, and we were able to convert two beta partners to paying customers immediately.
Technical Product Manager
Wrote detailed product requirements documents (PRD) for a cryptocurrency project. This included detailed requirement descriptions and use cases that covered happy path scenarios, edge cases, and error cases.
Asset Management and IoT Projecthttps://servicechannel.com/
Led a product management team to define and build an asset management system using image recognition, optical character recognition, Internet of Things (IoT), and spatial 3D mapping.
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring